Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round... 2018 ?

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    42 points off 7 in Athlone yesterday.

What a gorgeous day for golf. Beautiful sunshine from start to finish and not even the cold north wind could dampen my golf. Hit a great drive off the first and an approach into 15 feet, it set the tone for the whole day. Parred the first, birdied the second from 8 feet and then parred every hole from the 3rd to the 15th to still be 1 under after 15 holes.

Bogeyed the long par 4 16th, without doing anything wrong really. Made a good par on 17 and then lipped out for par on 18 for what would have been my first level par round off the white markers in Athlone ever. [3 times I have shot +1 off the white tees before yesterday and once I shot -3 off the yellows]. Still a super round of golf and should hopefully get me back towards 5. If Standard scratch is 36, I'll be down to 5.5 (so close!)

FIR 12/14
    GIR 11/18
    Putts 31

Standard Scratch 35. Down to 5.3! Get the Smurf in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Rikand wrote: »
    Standard Scratch 35. Down to 5.3! Get the Smurf in! :D

Now it gets difficult..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Now it gets difficult..lol

hehe, oh I know. I played off 5 for years, got down to 4 a few times. But since the kids came along I had more or less resigned myself to never seeing Category 1 ever again.

Now I have to start working my way back up all over again :pac:

Started the year at 6.1. I have been collecting 0.1's all year out to 6.7. A real shock to my system to get back into 5.3 :D

My wife and sister in law are sitting beside me and didn't know what was wrong with me when I jumped out of my chair with fists raised in the air and then started frantically searching for my phone so I could ring my dad to tell him all about it.

Expect another post here tomorrow when I find out if I actually won the comp or not, lol

edit

Not to clog up the thread with all about me but I won the competition by 4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Super Stuff Rikand! I'd say your buzzing.. Great end to the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think was 25 points today for 16 holes, 4 scratches (3 in a row too where lost 3 balls). Annoying thing is they weren't real terrible shots where lost them, just couldn't find the thing. Didn't really care though, got lucky with weather, my driver is good now (why not in june/july).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

Played Friday (home) - 26 points (shocking weather)

Played Saturday - 33 points, the heritage

Played Sunday (home) - 32 points

Very Frustrating Saturday & Sunday, Putting has gone to the dogs, Saturday I had 6 x 3 putts and was'nt much better Sunday.

Tee to Green is fine . . . but putting is making me want to put the clubs away for the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Got out for my first round in 6 weeks on Thursday in Headfort Old for a casual.

Off the yellow in some rain but no roll so played close to normal length.

14 over

10 over F/4 Over B

Started off shocking bad but got it together on the back obviously. Was sure I was looking at 20+ over so delighted.

Crap. 19 points for 12 holes. Had a good start tbh, but the wind became relentless, and was 3 holes in a row where it was direct into the face. Two holes either side of those, both par 3s, it was cross/almost direct into. So hard to read anything into it. Least it was dry, if I'm to take anything from the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

19 points for 9-holes in the winter league, with 1 very poor scratch mixed in. In the past few weeks there have been crazy scores in, but the weather was miserable on Saturday, and probably a few less bodies out on the course resulted in me winning my class on the day so happy out!

Were about 5-6 better scores in on the day, but all in the higher handicap categories.

Was fairly hung-over, had the Christmas party the night before. Was tempted not to go out at all, but glad I did in the end.

Drove & hit irons well all day. Chipping was reasonable, bar one ball hit thin from a crappy downhill lie. Putted poorly, line was excellent, but pace was terrible. Had 2 3-putts as a result of leaving first putts on line but way short.

Consistent round for once, no 1 pointers, 4 over gross for the 12 holes gave me 29 points. Came third, so pick up a bottle of something tomorrow for my troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Milk_Tray wrote: »
    25 points off 11 (9 hole comp) -1 gross. Never hit as good

Are you sure your not the milky bar kid??

Advertisement