Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round... 2018 ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »
    Golf is a stupid game made to annoy people like me. 34 points, so will likely miss out on getting through to tomorrow. And all cos of my stupid 5 iron, or more accurately, how I can't hit my 5 iron.

Prep for the round was so poor. Email there when woke up that playing partner bailed, so had to move to slot 40 minutes later. Then got delayed paying, and another lads partners bailed so my 3 ball was split into two 2 balls. No swings or putts before the round.

For the most part though, very good consistent golf in fairly horrible conditions. Putting and chipping was mostly very good, made the most of bad situations bar the 2 shots mentioned above. Got some poor lies which hampered a few shots but no major setbacks from them.

I reckon you'll get through to tomorrow... fingers crossed for you. was hard out there today! I shot 32 so no chance for me...20 front 9 & thought I was well on my way :) turns out I was wrong!

GL if you do get out tomorrow ;)

Think you were just out ahead of me based on the timesheet, was out at 9.30 myself.

20 Is great scoring. Get dizzy when ya saw the car? Lad I was playing with had 42, incredible shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Think you were just out ahead of me based on the timesheet, was out at 9.30 myself.

20 Is great scoring. Get dizzy when ya saw the car? Lad I was playing with had 42, incredible shooting

42 is unreal most days never mind in that rain! Shane (5) with us had 41... ridiculous stuff!

we were out at 9.09 & left a 2ball through on 12 & the 2 ball after them I said hello to while they were on 16... & I was meant to be 17 :) so which of the 4 are you? or will I have to wait & see who shot 42 & then I can place ya :)

*the car does look fair class up on the tee box doesn't it

42 is unreal most days never mind in that rain! Shane (5) with us had 41... ridiculous stuff!

we were out at 9.09 & left a 2ball through on 12 & the 2 ball after them I said hello to while they were on 16... & I was meant to be 17 :) so which of the 4 are you? or will I have to wait & see who shot 42 & then I can place ya :)

*the car does look fair class up on the tee box doesn't it

Ah here, with shooting like that I can have more cans tonight, be going nowhere tomorrow.

I was the one on the 16th. Sorry for not seeing your ball on 5, you find it ok?

They should keep it there, it won't move far. Good novel idea for a comp, pity it was the weekend the weather totally gave in

Ah here, with shooting like that I can have more cans tonight, be going nowhere tomorrow.

They should keep it there, it won't move far. Good novel idea for a comp, pity it was the weekend the weather totally gave in

haha no bother re: 5! turns out I didn't go as far down as I thought, was just in the thick stuff still up on the 5th. pulled it so bad I thought I'd have def shot by the 4th tee!

ya the weather def hurt numbers I'd say. a good few spots dropped out with the forecast.

keep an eye out on the time sheet & we try get out some weekend, enjoy the cans! I'm off to limerick... no fear I'll be playing tomorrow but you might have to ease up when the top 40 get announced :)

haha no bother re: 5! turns out I didn't go as far down as I thought, was just in the thick stuff still up on the 5th. pulled it so bad I thought I'd have def shot by the 4th tee!

ya the weather def hurt numbers I'd say. a good few spots dropped out with the forecast.

keep an eye out on the time sheet & we try get out some weekend, enjoy the cans! I'm off to limerick... no fear I'll be playing tomorrow but you might have to ease up when the top 40 get announced :)

Will do, you can see schizophrenic golf up close!

I got in anyway, time to get ready again. That car is mine!

• Advertisement

Real jekyll and Hyde round today 33 pts off 23, started bogey, par, par followed by 3 scratches which started with driver slipping out of my hands on 4th tee box which really rattled me for a few holes. Got back on track on 6th and went bogey, par, birdie to finish front 9 with 18pts. Back 9 was a mix of 2 and 1 pts. But a strong par par finish. In buffer so happy after the bad mid front 9 and poorish back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not so much a full round special today but on the opening 9 I had my lowest number of putts ever at 10 and it wasn’t a case of being short and chipping on a lot as I had 23pts which was super for me...thoughts of a special round disappeared as the rain came in and ended up with 27putts and 37pts.
    Joy of putting on links greens...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Can we keep the chat to a minimum. We do have a thread for how’s your game :)

34 points again today so consistent at least. Started with a poor scratch, but birdies on 3 and 4 was nice, then par on 5. Fell away a bit on back 9 but two rounds in two days with no cut and no .1 back is decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

Absolute poison yesterday . . 25 points! ! from having ambitions to losing shots this year and hopefully get from 12 to 10 . . it looks like I will be going backwards! Currently 12.4 - can't seem to get a round together at all lately !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

been going through some rough times lately. Had a lot of good rounds over summer but always in the buffer.

Went through a bit of a rough time recently, developing a nasty slice in my drive. Worked on a few things that brought the game back up a bit.

played saturday and sunday weekend gone by. QF of club fourball matchplay on saturday, which we won 2up. But sunday was the good day. Nett 75 in the 2nd round of the club championships of 25. 7 pars throughout, but a couple of nightmare holes including 2 8's and a 10. Winner with Nett 72 so was a bit gutted.

Great to see the game starting to come back to me a bit, and getting some confidence back in the swing. Fingers crossed the next few weeks can bring me closer to some good cuts before the end of the year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Tee to green I was mostly brutal Monday but short game was best it’s ever been, up and down every single time.

31 points
    1 Par
    11 bogies
    5 doubles and
    1 scratch

43points this morning off 9, cut to 7 (with ESR)… delighted!!!

Birdies: 5
    Pars: 7
    Bogeys: 5
    Doubles: 0
    Scratches: 1

GIR: 8

Out: 25 pts In: 18 pts

Pros: mid irons very good today & my pitching/chipping was better than ever before. 2under for front 9

Cons: driving was good early on but I lost my way on the back 9. was pretty right on 11, 14, 17 & 18. luckily my recovery shots all went to plan. the scratch was just a mi**** pitching wedge into water, it happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

43points this morning off 9, cut to 7 (with ESR)… delighted!!!

Birdies: 5
    Pars: 7
    Doubles: 0
    Scratches: 1

GIR: 8

Out: 25 pts In: 18 pts

Pros: mid irons very good today & my pitching/chipping was better than ever before. 2under for front 9

Cons: driving was good early on but I lost my way on the back 9. was pretty right on 11, 14, 17 & 18. luckily my recovery shots all went to plan. the scratch was just a mi**** pitching wedge into water, it happens :)

5 birds in 8 gir impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Quick q here if someone can help.

Shot a nett 69 yesterday off 4 - Course is Par 71 and SSS is 72 off the blues (was off Back tees - Blues yesterday)

Handicap was 3.7, so if I’m playing a competition somewhere else today should I be manually cutting myself to 3.4 (3)? Conditions were tough yesterday but I don’t know what the SSS for the day ended up being (assuming that can vary from 72 which is noted in the card)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

callaway92 wrote: »
    Quick q here if someone can help.

Shot a nett 69 yesterday off 4 - Course is Par 71 and SSS is 72 off the blues (was off Back tees - Blues yesterday)

Handicap was 3.7, so if I’m playing a competition somewhere else today should I be manually cutting myself to 3.4 (3)? Conditions were tough yesterday but I don’t know what the SSS for the day ended up being (assuming that can vary from 72 which is noted in the card)

Thanks
    Yes, i think you should

5 birds in 8 gir impressive

ya I was surprised i'd so little GIRs compared to the score. on a good few par 4s I was just off in 2. i'd 7 GIRs on the front 9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭benny79

Shocking round in the medal yesterday (102) no pars finished with same ball, just to many bogies and doubles was leaving all my approach shots like 30 yards shot and lipped so many putts..

I am just over a bad flu virus thats doing the rounds so dont know if it was down to that.. Also felt very tired after the front 9.. Which is unusual as my home course isn't very long...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

31 points. 18 on front nine and that included two scratches but had bad patch of 3-4 holes that I blame on slow play at the start of back nine. We were a two ball in a comp of three balls.

I lost no balls though and hit the ball really straight all day for the most part.

Lots of three-putts which is where I lost a lot of points. I really should try practicing them at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Another average round this weekend. Didn't do anything particularly badly, didn't do anything particularly great.

34 points, 86 strokes
    6 Pars
    10 Bogeys
    2 Doubles

No scratches. 17 out & 17 back. 2 poor 3-putts, one for a par having driven our short par 4 10th, and followed it with a 3-putt bogey on the 11th.

Lagged really well, but made nothing outside of 6ft the whole day.

Had a couple of pieces of horrible luck, but I can't complain too much, was a nice day & was out for a round with my Dad, who shot 35 points & drove the ball really well all day (if he could sort his short game out he could cut 3-4 strokes off his handicap)

Took a look at my 18-hole Stableford scores in comps this year to date.

I've actually had a really steady scoring year, but without the serious CSS beaters.

I've only shot less that 30 points once.

1 <30
    3 >36
    14 30-35

2 of the rounds >36 were in the weeks prior to counting competitions, so only one qualifying round above 36 points.

Would love to be able to sneak a small cut in before the scoring season ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

34pts with 3 scratches and a good few poor chips/putts. found it hard to concentrate on the round so that probably contributed to a lot of the poor golf played. Had decent birdie chances on index 1-4 and converted two of them on index 2 & 3.

28pts (1st round off 7)

Birdies: 2
    Pars: 6
    Doubles: 2
    Scratches: 3

GIR: 5

Out: 15 pts In: 13 pts

Pros: played well 4th to 7th (11pts 4 holes)… still optimistic :)

Cons: started slowly with 2 bogies & a double for 3 pts in 3 holes. lost a ball on 9 (pulled it a bit & wind took it a bit more) & 17 (small sliced off tee) and expected to find both but no joy. 2 shanks in a row on 20/25yard pitches were the worst part of the round... gotta shake them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

24 points around castlerock. was blowing a gale.
    Doesn't compare to it's neighbour portstewart. A load of GUR after they made changes to 13 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

And the rubbish continues ! 28 points (12 & 16)  - little bit of work and I will get it back but that is 4 x .5's back in a row and gutted with that. . .

30 points of 23
    11 front
    19 back

poor front nine with 5 1 pointers in a row steadied the ship on the back 9 but pars 3's cost me all day with bad tee shots. another 0.1 back so will slip to 24, hopefully can get another cut or 2 before winter rules come in

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

32 points on Sunday off 19. Highest ever total again :)

Oh man, I thought Sunday was to be my big score that I know I have in me but I made a balls of it when playing really well. There was 40 points plus in me I think.

4 bad scratches by my absolute stupidity and lack of course management skills. Went for the green 3 times when behind a tree instead of taking my punishment, simply chipping out and ended up scratching all three. The other scratch was miscalculating distance and using the 60 degree instead of the 54 and ended up short by miles and in the water.

My driving was a1, long and straight most of the time. Irons and putting were ok to good and my chipping/pitching was on fire.

Very disappointed with 32 the way I played :(

Hope to play Wednesday and Friday this week and finally break 36 and hopefully get a cut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Just realised its been two months since I posted a score, only played one other qualifying and hit the buffer.

44 pts off 20.1

Can't remember the exact score but I scratched two and par'd the last five holes so should get a nice cut.

Greens were poleforked and sanded so I could have got lower, had a few bobble away or die before getting to the hole.

Wedges are terrible at the minute. 100-110 out and I'm missing the green more than hitting it. I'm more confident of hitting them from 150 as my mid and long irons are really on form.

Took a follow up lesson ( too long between them tbh) two weeks ago and played a practice round and two range sessions and happy where my woods and mid/long irons are but I can't strike my short irons or wedges. It has to be costing me alot of shots so thats the next lesson I think paired with some bunker ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

davegilly wrote: »
    32 points on Sunday off 19. Highest ever total again :)

Oh man, I thought Sunday was to be my big score that I know I have in me but I made a balls of it when playing really well. There was 40 points plus in me I think.

4 bad scratches by my absolute stupidity and lack of course management skills. Went for the green 3 times when behind a tree instead of taking my punishment, simply chipping out and ended up scratching all three. The other scratch was miscalculating distance and using the 60 degree instead of the 54 and ended up short by miles and in the water.

My driving was a1, long and straight most of the time. Irons and putting were ok to good and my chipping/pitching was on fire.

Very disappointed with 32 the way I played :(

Hope to play Wednesday and Friday this week and finally break 36 and hopefully get a cut :)

Bit of an update to this - just found out that I was within the buffer with this score and didn't get a 0.1 :)

Was given 18.0 last October when I started and now, after nine 0.1's in a row I've managed to stop the rot :) I'm absolutely delighted. My goal at the start of the year was to try and play to my handicap at least once and although I didn't manage 36 points I'm happy out with the buffer. Next up is 36!!!

Another edit: I played again Wednesday of this week and after 27 points got another 0.1 so I'm at 19.0 now. I believe I can't go out anymore now for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

44 got me second and a cut to 18.6
    .1away from my goal for the year so I’ll try to squeeze in another cut I guess. I was hopeful no for an ESR but not really sure how it works tbh.

11 pars
    4 bogies
    1 double
    2 scratches

• Advertisement

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    44 got me second and a cut to 18.6
    .1away from my goal for the year so I’ll try to squeeze in another cut I guess. I was hopeful no for an ESR but not really sure how it works tbh.

11 pars
    4 bogies
    1 double
    2 scratches

if you better the CSS by more than 4 shots/points twice then an ESR can kick in... I think they look at rounds in between the 2 scores to see if really justified... but as yours are 2 44pointers within a few days I'd imagine an ESR will occur.

Should be automatic? check how did I do history & you'll see if applied.

Obviously the CSS on the days matter

Advertisement