Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What's the story with water? Are there refilling places around the place or do you have to buy bottles in there? Wondering if I should bring my own.

yes, there are refilling taps, see the map:

http://bodyandsoul.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Stage-Map-2.jpg

Stage-Map-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

What's the story with water? Are there refilling places around the place or do you have to buy bottles in there? Wondering if I should bring my own.

The last 4 years I hazily recall water stations. Keep your backpack water free.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

yeah, I presume they'll have different colour wristbands for Saturday and Sunday daytrippers, so anyone on Sunday without a weekend/Sunday wristband won't be allowed in.

Unless we are having a kip in the woods, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

dadoffay wrote: »
    Unless we are having a kip in the woods, right?

Yeah, good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yikes83

Do people reckon with the Sat pass you'll be able to kip in a mates tent before heading off on Sunday morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 BikesKilleen

Yikes83 wrote: »
    Do people reckon with the Sat pass you'll be able to kip in a mates tent before heading off on Sunday morning?

Had a mate come down on the Sunday one year and he managed to get back to the campsite with us with no hassle from security.

It's the first year they're offering Saturday tickets though so security may be a bit tighter in preventing 1-Day ticket holders overstaying their welcome :pac:

Mate of mine considering picking up a ticket for Saturday only.

He has a campervan so is hoping he can drive it down, park in normal car park, go in on his day ticket, then have a kip in his van after the beat stops before driving back home.

This sounds reasonable to me - he likely to have any hassle being allowed park up in his van from people’s experiences?

I don't see why they wouldn't let you park in the normal carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I don't see why they wouldn't let you park in the normal carpark

Well they might be worried they'd try sleep on the car park - which they are!

You might get away with it, it's a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Anyone else got the bus from Dublin before? I'm getting the 6 o'clock from Custom Quay on Friday evening. How long does it take do people know? Would I be there before 8? Is traffic mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Peesh89

I've mashed all the stage times for each day together if anyone needs/wants to print.
    Highlighters at the ready..

https://imgur.com/a/o5MYrTE

• Advertisement

Where's the screening Stop Making Sense???

Where's the screening Stop Making Sense???

They're screening Stop Making Sense?? That sounds amazing!

They're screening Stop Making Sense?? That sounds amazing!

They used to do every year at the light house tent but I don't see it. Was always a meet up point for all my friends just after mid night.

Yeah, just had a look for it there and only saw it mentioned in previous years. Here's hoping! Sounds like great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've a mate trying to flog a campervan ticket if anyone is looking.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well got my lift sorted will be heading off from the college at 3 tomorrow afternoon :) and should be at the festival site by 5, I canna fecking wait. At the moment I charging every conceivable item in my room, have to remember to get batteries for the lantern, various other bits and bobs. There's a Tesco and a Dunnes Stores beside me, so I'm wondering which one to go to, what is the best bargains for beers at the moment. Will probably just Google in a while, but if anyone has any heads up but good beer deals, throw it on the thread. There is also an O'Briens off licence near the college too.

Well got my lift sorted will be heading off from the college at 3 tomorrow afternoon :) and should be at the festival site by 5, I canna fecking wait. At the moment I charging every conceivable item in my room, have to remember to get batteries for the lantern, various other bits and bobs. There's a Tesco and a Dunnes Stores beside me, so I'm wondering which one to go to, what is the best bargains for beers at the moment. Will probably just Google in a while, but if anyone has any heads up but good beer deals, throw it on the thread. There is also an O'Briens off licence near the college too.

I can feel your excitement through this list BD!
    Don't think I'll be able to do a scrap of work tomorrow.

24 cans of Molson for 24 Euros not bad, might go for that at Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭worded

Sorry if asked already ...

How many cans or bottles allowed ?

Is it a slab of cans? Cans only and no bottles ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

worded wrote: »
    Sorry if asked already ...

How many cans or bottles allowed ?

Is it a slab of cans? Cans only and no bottles ?

Thanks

No glass allowed - so rules out bottles.

Technically 24 can limit, but can often get away with more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Hey,

I won tickets to body and soul but can't go.

Does anyone kniw how do I change the name on the ticket booth website when I didn't buy them?

I emailed them but they haven't replied

Thanks

Mr.S wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure you can’t name change complimentary tickets.

If you have the tickets already, just give them to however you give them to.

They are in my name though and the website says you can for fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

sexmag wrote: »
    Hey,

I won tickets to body and soul but can't go.

Does anyone kniw how do I change the name on the ticket booth website when I didn't buy them?

I emailed them but they haven't replied

Thanks

Nialler9 comp?

Nialler9 comp?

Nah absolut vodka, they're sponsoring the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

sexmag wrote: »
    Nah absolut vodka, they're sponsoring the festival

It's a pity these comps are being done so late in the game; hardly time to prepare.

I'm heading down early Saturday morning and I'd like to catch the Rugby at 11am somewhere along the way from Dublin. Any recommendations in Clonmellon or Athboy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FoleyA

We’re heading down on the Sunday but the ticket says we can’t being alcohol in. Does anyone know how strict this policy this or should we just bring it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

FoleyA wrote: »
    We’re heading down on the Sunday but the ticket says we can’t being alcohol in. Does anyone know how strict this policy this or should we just bring it anyway?

As always YMMV but I have found over several years that they tend to be stricter with the checks after Friday. If you are turning up with your tickets and a bag of cans to get your wristband on Sunday I seriously doubt they will let you in. If you are a bit more creative than that you'll have a good chance.

FoleyA wrote: »

We went down on Sunday a few years ago and there was no chance of getting in with drink for day ticket holders. Had to finish a can before they let us in.
    Dunno if it's got less strict since..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

What ever happened to the Reggae area? Think it was called Port Royal or something similar. I didn't see it last year either

Advertisement