Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭worded

Over night camping Sunday not an option ? We are there for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

worded wrote: »
    Over night camping Sunday not an option ? We are there for the weekend

If you're on a weekend ticket, you can stay til Monday morning (probably around noon but check the website).

This is our 7th year going - I'm certain you can stay til Monday.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    What ever happened to the Reggae area? Think it was called Port Royal or something similar. I didn't see it last year either

Looks like it's a thing of the past.

Pity, I always liked it... Last time it was there it even had a little sandpit that our kids were big fans of.

On a more positive note, I don't think I can remember a better weather forecast for a festival in Ireland that I'm attending. Scorchio!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

I'm heading down early Saturday morning and I'd like to catch the Rugby at 11am somewhere along the way from Dublin. Any recommendations in Clonmellon or Athboy?

Head for Saddlers in Athboy. It’s beside Centra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I have a friend who needs to leave the festival on Sunday afternoon/early evening but on the website the only listed bus times back to Dublin on Sunday are at midnight or later. I remember there being afternoon bus options every other year? Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

On a more positive note, I don't think I can remember a better weather forecast for a festival in Ireland that I'm attending. Scorchio!

this is what I like to read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

Anyone working at it and heading down tonight, lordy i cant wait to get in and get set up, The weather is fab im sitting in work about a half hour away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

does anyone remember if any of the bars took card?
    I'll be bringing cash anyway, but would be handier to be able to pay with card where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Does anyone know if there is a breakdown of the times for Reckless in Love on the Sunday?

Also, has anyone ever seen Arca live? Anything I have seen on youtube looks pretty sh!te. I like a lot of his music, but how does it translate live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

Does anyone know if there is a breakdown of the times for Reckless in Love on the Sunday?

Last year the maeve guys just hopped on/off so there weren't really any rigid set times, imagine it will be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

keithkk16 wrote: »
    What ever happened to the Reggae area? Think it was called Port Royal or something similar. I didn't see it last year either

After the wet 2016 edition of the festival apparently there was too many people in the Port Royal area, and they removed Port Royal last year because they were concerned for the trees in that area because of the crowds. Would like to see it back myself. Off at 3 today hopefully I'll see some of you down there. ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where abouts was that Port Royal when it was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

Does anyone have a user-friendly version of the days with stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Can you buy lanyards and a book the way you can at EP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads does the boutique camping package come with a tent, or do I have to bring my own?

hugeglobe wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107200599&postcount=125

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

What time do people reccommend getting down at? Does it fill up quick after 12 or can you take it easy?

Foxx92 wrote: »
    What time do people reccommend getting down at? Does it fill up quick after 12 or can you take it easy?
    doesn't fill up until the evening, lots of people will head down after work.
    probably noticeable queues from about 5pm onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Peesh89

hugeglobe wrote: »

And if you want to print them, each day is on a different sheet https://imgur.com/a/o5MYrTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

Lads does the boutique camping package come with a tent, or do I have to bring my own?
    This has to be a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

doesn't fill up until the evening, lots of people will head down after work.
    probably noticeable queues from about 5pm onwards.

Not as eager as the Electric Picnic brigade so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

keane2097 wrote: »
    Where abouts was that Port Royal when it was there?

If you look at this year's site map it used to be in the trees just north of the Midnight Circus tent. The layout on the map is really fudged, so just imagine there being a lot more room there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

gledge wrote: »
    This has to be a joke?

I’ve been offered them last minute and the website isn’t the clearest at explaining packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

The idea of boutique camping is that it saves you bringing a tent etc. You are paying for a pre -erected something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Do you have tickets for the festival AND have you a boutique camping booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BalboBiggins

jmauel wrote: »
    The idea of boutique camping is that it saves you bringing a tent etc. You are paying for a pre -erected something or other.

Thanks, I thought it may have just been fancier toilets, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BalboBiggins

GingerLily wrote: »
    Do you have tickets for the festival AND have you a boutique camping booking?

I'll have to check, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'll have to check, thanks!

You aswell???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

If you're on a weekend ticket, you can stay til Monday morning (probably around noon but check the website).

This is our 7th year going - I'm certain you can stay til Monday.

Would you (or anybody else reading this) have any idea how strict they are with the alcohol policy? This is my first year going and I was planning on only bringing some in tomorrow & leaving more in the boot of the car & getting it over the weekend. I do this every year in EP and it's never an issue...

Advertisement