Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Bobadog wrote: »
    Cheers, I noticed on previous maps that there was a specific quite campsite. Anyone have any experience of this?

Its separated but alongside regular camping. It's a lot better than regular. Toilets aren't great though I found. But still probably better than regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Sea Sessions is on same weekend as B&S. I reckon that paired with the lack of well-known acts at B&S is affecting sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bobadog

Effects wrote: »
    Its separated but alongside regular camping. It's a lot better than regular. Toilets aren't great though I found. But still probably better than regular.

Great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sea Sessions is on same weekend as B&S. I reckon that paired with the lack of well-known acts at B&S is affecting sales.

Not much of a lineup for Sea Sessions either, maybe Hannah Wants, Everything, Everything and Roots Manuva and maybe Le Galaxie out of that lot would be alright.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

To stay on the subject of the Us & You campsite, would there still be much space if I was to arrive down late Friday night or early Saturday morning? Or does it fill up fairly quick? Last year the general campsite was wedged by late Friday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

Oh baby it looks like the weather is starting to pick up for next weekend. I know I know it's too soon but couldn't help myself.

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Clonmellon/long.html

People tell me this is the most accurate website and it's used by sailors!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

To stay on the subject of the Us & You campsite, would there still be much space if I was to arrive down late Friday night or early Saturday morning? Or does it fill up fairly quick? Last year the general campsite was wedged by late Friday evening.

Last year we went down super early.
    The immediate entrance to Us & You filled up quick but it goes back a good bit and gets roomier as you go on down the path :)

Year before, myself and himself were at a wedding and didn't get down til half ten on Friday night we still got a grand space for our tent and one other no problem, another friend joined us saturday morning and still had space beside us.

To stay on the subject of the Us & You campsite, would there still be much space if I was to arrive down late Friday night or early Saturday morning?

I got there at about 12pm on the Saturday. There was plenty of room for hours after that. It doesn't get as cramped at all.

hugeglobe wrote: »
    https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Clonmellon/long.html

People tell me this is the most accurate website and it's used by sailors!

Sailors are more likely to use something like Wind Guru I'd say.
    I find YR is the best of what's out there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

ya i was wondering since it seems to be nowhere near sold out, do you think the campsites won't be as big?

• Advertisement

mimimcmc wrote: »
    ya i was wondering since it seems to be nowhere near sold out, do you think the campsites won't be as big?

I would imagine they would prepare the campsites for full capacity initially as they can't really predict how the sales will go in the leadup e.g. they could get a surge last minute etc.

Because of that, I would presume that there'll be more spacious camping this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

hugeglobe wrote: »
    they can't really predict how the sales will go in the leadup e.g. they could get a surge last minute etc.

With the weather predicting to be good, there'll be a surge in day ticket sales in the next week.

Love this track Collider, I'm delighted that Jon Hopkins has included in his set again, this tour only features two tracks from Immunity, but I'm intrigued to hear what the new stuff sounds like.

Set list from Primavera.
    Singularity
    Emerald Rush
    Neon Pattern Drum
    Everything Connected
    Open Eye Signal
    Collider
    Luminous Beings
    Lorde ft. Disclosure - Magnets
    (Jon Hopkins Remix)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there a town outside the festival where one could go to buy more bags of cans like stradbally at EP?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is there a town outside the festival where one could go to buy more bags of cans like stradbally at EP?

Nearest one is Clonmellon but amazingly this doesn't have any off licences and the two shops don't stock booze which I discovered to my detriment one year while volunteering the pre-week after hitching out there. I don't think Delvin is any better either. There is a garage a few kms away that has an off licence and the nearest town would be Athboy which is about 10 or 11 Kms away from the festival site. Unless of course your travelling from the west you can do the shopping in Athlone or Mullingar on the way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

this time next week folks the craic will be in full flow, whats the craic with searches? does the free flow eradicate them?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Love this track Collider, I'm delighted th[ Jon Hopkins has included in his set again, this tour only features two tracks from Immunity, but I'm intrigued to hear what the new stuff sounds like.

Feel very similar - loving that setlist and Collider being on there in particular. Has all the (vaguely) uptempo tracks from the new album plus my 2 favourite tracks from Immunity. There’s a chance of Light Through My Veins as well which I remember being amazing when he played BnS before around 4ish years ago on a Sunday night...

Am about to post something slightly moany about this year’s line-up but there are a few acts like Mr Hopkins that I feel are true Tier 1 sh!t

The official Collider video is also great so here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Moany post time...

Just really agreeing with some earlier posts that this feels like a festival whose line-up is declining while prices increase and more competition enters the market... not sure what their goal is...

The details have been posted earlier in the thread - and I really feel the second/third tier of the line-up is where they’ve stopped spending the money. And even the headliners are probably cheaper than they used to be, they’re just making good choices (I am super excited about Fever ray, Hopkins and James Holden)

This is our family festival of the summer and with kids in tow the music on offer is less important than otherwise but I’m still heading along this year wondering if it could be our last time... which feels a little sad given that Older Son first attended when 1 (now 7) and Younger Son first attended at -4 months (now 3 and a flair bit), and neither have missed out on a day since then.

It’s a family ritual at this point - so hoping for more great memories of the woods, the hot tubs, the meditation, the friendly people to sustain our interest and bring us back for 2019.

And I know I’ll be super excited next Friday morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Where is the bloody site map!?

Yeah I wish they’d get the finger out and just give it to us. It must have been finalized ages ago since construction of the site must be almost done now??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

One thing I’ve noticed the last few years, there seems to be a lot of break-ins in the Carpark. Myself and a few of my mates have all got stung the last two years, as well as seeing a fair few cars clearly broken in to on the walk back on Monday morning.

I’m not optimistic, but i’d really hope they are doing something to put a few more security eyes in those areas over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Serious? That's horrendous. We had a few cars last year and no issues, thankfully.

The hangover on the Monday is bad enough without adding that to it. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Knex. wrote: »
    Serious? That's horrendous. We had a few cars last year and no issues, thankfully.

The hangover on the Monday is bad enough without adding that to it. Jesus.

Aye. Made ten times worse when I had my work laptop and work iPhone in the car and had to explain that one to the boss.

A preview piece about Body&Soul I initially was going to do a festival round up, but decided to concentrate on this years edition as there is a lot of info and vids. :)

https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2018/06/15/going-up-the-country/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oh ho

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107273267#post107273267
    Saturday, 16 June, 2018

Forecasts for Ireland

THURSDAY and FRIDAY ... Mostly sunny, pleasant temperatures, lows 8 to 11 C and highs 18 to 21 C.

FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Turning rather warm again next weekend and into the following week, highs 21 to 24 C by Monday 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

MadYaker wrote: »

Not really tbh, but also remember you're allowed in with one consignment of booze only, you can't exit and come back in with more. Price to be paid for the free flow policy.

Realistically its going to be easy to get around that though. Most of my drink will be buried in my massive rucksack in plastic water bottles so unless they're going to make me empty it out completely, which has literally never happened at a festval, than I should be grand. I'll have some cans in my arms.

Edit: hmmm, just had a read of the website. They say the only time you'll be searched is once on the way in so would I be right in assuming that it'll be a pretty thorough search? People who've been before, what are the searches like? To they go through bags completely opening tents and sleeping bags etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

YMMV but generally the searches on the way in are pretty lax

There's a heatwave predicted for the weekend/early next week. It's gonna be a good weekend folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 FurbieG

I have a map if I could just figure out how to post it up on this lol

Advertisement