Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

MadYaker wrote: »
    AV AV AV might be suitable.

Obviously Jon Hopkins as well. I plan on losing my mind and everything else during his set, hoping for trippy visuals :pac:

AV AV AV are whopper - defo be going along to see them.

Mind will be lost as soon as the tent is set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

from the timetable on the B&S website, why is Mama Snake, Reckless in Love sort of greyed out, is she not appearing?

update: Ah never mind, the last act of each stage seems to be greyed out, false alarm :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

from the timetable on the B&S website, why is Mama Snake, Reckless in Love sort of greyed out, is she not appearing?

update: Ah never mind, the last act of each stage seems to be greyed out, false alarm :-)

It's greyed out because it's a bit of a 'grey area' for when stages finish around then. Some go well into the early hours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hugeglobe wrote: »
    It's greyed out because it's a bit of a 'grey area' for when stages finish around then. Some go well into the early hours ;)

yep, I gathered. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Tickets changed to the Us & You camping. Whole group did so.

After experiencing the Eco Camping in picnic last year its a no brainer. I just wish they had the Fancy festival toilets at B&S. Defo worth the cost for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

This is my first time at the festival. Experienced Body & Soulers, what are some essentials that I should bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is my first time at the festival. Experienced Body & Soulers, what are some essentials that I should bring?

Same as any other festival really, assuming this is just your first body and soul and not your first festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Korvanica wrote: »
    Tickets changed to the Us & You camping. Whole group did so.

After experiencing the Eco Camping in picnic last year its a no brainer. I just wish they had the Fancy festival toilets at B&S. Defo worth the cost for the weekend.
    this year's map seems to indicate that there's no showers in the Us&You campsite this year. hopefully that's just an oversight, they were there last year on the map.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Here is Scruffmonkey's list for Electric Picnic, which would also apply here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

As I tend to travel light and am getting the bus this year rather than driving, I am going to bring the following:

1 - Ticket, the most important thing
    2 - Tent + Sleeping bag (unless you're posh camping it, in which case just sleeping bag)
    3 - Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night) Groundsheet
    4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)
    ***NOTE OF CAUTION : Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll **** your feet up.***

6 - Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 - Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 - Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 - Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 - torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)

17 - Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher (15,000mAh if there's more than one of you hanging off it)) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning cables
    22 - Cash, there are ATMs on site, do no rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 - Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    25 - chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (keeping hopes up) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up)
    26 - bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car)

29 - toiletries (roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FurbieG

That's the 2017 map if memory serves me right?

Oops that's what the boutique crowd emailed me!

Does anyone know what beer is served?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Here is MJohnson's list for Electric Picnic, which would also apply here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

I'd like to take credit for that excellent list, but it's scruffmonkey's!

Here's mine (ignore the bottom bit)

21125544_1548921581820996_7524813313058994270_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=69ecc967aa30886d2d8c36891d29f847&oe=5BEC3C26

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'd like to take credit for that excellent list, but it's scruffmonkey's!

:o

Sorry Scruffmonkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

One thing to add( I may have missed on the list!!), would be a box handler/some type of small trolley for your booze/bags. I see lots of smart folk with all their gear on wheels! It's a long ass walk from car park to camping if overburdened!!!

Yeah one of these http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7989825/Trail/searchtext%3ECART.htm among a group of mates would probably be excellent value. There's cheaper ones on Amazon, but it's probably too late to have those delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'm just going on the Saturday and will be there for some of Sunday also. Any recommendations on who to see? So far I have Jon Hopkins, Arca and Baxter Dury on my list

I'm just going on the Saturday and will be there for some of Sunday also. Any recommendations on who to see? So far I have Jon Hopkins, Arca and Baxter Dury on my list
    Smerz and Lilla Vargen are two on mine (along with your 3).
    Shame, if you're still there after 6 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Smerz and Lilla Vargen are two on mine (along with your 3).
    Shame, if you're still there after 6 on Sunday.

Thank you! I love Shame, will hopefully be still there by that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yeah one of these http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7989825/Trail/searchtext%3ECART.htm among a group of mates would probably be excellent value. There's cheaper ones on Amazon, but it's probably too late to have those delivered.

Bought one yesterday,

Taking my GF for spins around the sitting room yesterday evening; great fun.

But also great for your camp/food gear

• Registered Users Posts: 27 slevins

Bought a steel one for €89 in chadwicks, the smaller one id say is about €79. Probably much better than the fabric one you get in Argos.
    Here's a link to the smaller one http://www.chadwicks.ie/garden/product/37-x-20-garden-cart

slevins wrote: »
    Bought a steel one for €89 in chadwicks, the smaller one id say is about €79. Probably much better than the fabric one you get in Argos.
    Here's a link to the smaller one http://www.chadwicks.ie/garden/product/37-x-20-garden-cart

One good thing about the fabric Argos one is it's foldable, so you can stash it for the weekend more easily. But yeah, I wouldn't have high hopes on its long term structural integrity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

One good thing about the fabric Argos one is it's foldable, so you can stash it for the weekend more easily. But yeah, I wouldn't have high hopes on its long term structural integrity.

Probably have more structural integrity than half the festival participants next Monday morning. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

slevins wrote: »

Got this exact cart myself. Love the design of it and the pneumatic tyres - my last cart had plastic wheels and pretty much buckled and gave up on Monday trek back to the car at last year’s EP.

Absolute bastard to assemble tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its weird not being in Ballinlough at this time, this year, will be onsite on the Thursday as I'm doing weekend volunteering this year, I can't wait to get down there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Chomping at the bit myself. The weather looks to be absolutely cracking for it as well. Two days in work this week already feel two too many!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Mate of mine considering picking up a ticket for Saturday only.

He has a campervan so is hoping he can drive it down, park in normal car park, go in on his day ticket, then have a kip in his van after the beat stops before driving back home.

This sounds reasonable to me - he likely to have any hassle being allowed park up in his van from people’s experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The weather forecast is improving by the day :cool: https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Ballinlough_Castle/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

Quick Q: How will they get Sat day ticket holders out of the dark woods? How will they prevent us to stay with a friend in a tent and enjoy both Sat and Sun?

Went the last 4 B&S, now with the gf and we can’t go until Sat. So wondering how they police those pesky 80€ Sat day ticket chancers.

Any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

dadoffay wrote: »
    Quick Q: How will they get Sat day ticket holders out of the dark woods? How will they prevent us to stay with a friend in a tent and enjoy both Sat and Sun?

Went the last 4 B&S, now with the gf and we can’t go until Sat. So wondering how they police those pesky 80€ Sat day ticket chancers.

Any idea?

People who stay over in a tent will have to leave the main arena. Then do strict wristband checks on way into main arena on Sunday. If they can be arsed... My guess is they’ll to take the €80 and won’t be super bothered about how long people stay...

And the woods option remains!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

What's the story with water? Are there refilling places around the place or do you have to buy bottles in there? Wondering if I should bring my own.

• Advertisement

yeah, I presume they'll have different colour wristbands for Saturday and Sunday daytrippers, so anyone on Sunday without a weekend/Sunday wristband won't be allowed in.

Advertisement