Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FurbieG

It's actually the exact same as last years - we got it emailed to us from Silk Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

FurbieG wrote: »
    I have a map if I could just figure out how to post it up on this lol

Take a photo, upload to imgur and then use the img tag here.

Or, if you think it's easier, you can fire it onto me by PM and I'll link it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭worded

Knex. wrote: »
    Take a photo, upload to imgur and then use the img tag here.

Or, if you think it's easier, you can fire it onto me by PM and I'll link it!

Is there no link on the body and soul web site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

The Muddy app is not great, it seems to need intermittent time to add to "My Schedule" 1-5 mins, randomly clicked a bunch and now cannot remove them:mad:, are there alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

whelzer wrote: »
    The Muddy app is not great, it seems to need intermittent time to add to "My Schedule" 1-5 mins, randomly clicked a bunch and now cannot remove them:mad:, are there alternatives?

Unofficial app (Android only):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 slevins

Anyone know if there is anywhere showing the rugby at 11 on the Saturday? Will we need to go to a local and if so any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

slevins wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is anywhere showing the rugby at 11 on the Saturday? Will we need to go to a local and if so any suggestions?

Think they showed one of the Lions matches down there last year, not sure where on the site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Thing of beauty! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

Anyone remember the bongo tent 2 years ago, it was class, but it wasn't there last year. Anyone know anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

FurbieG wrote: »
    I have a map if I could just figure out how to post it up on this lol

Site map courtesy of FurbieG is anseo:

JrurhvD.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 BikesKilleen

That's the 2017 map if memory serves me right?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

The map is available on the B&S website:

http://bodyandsoul.ie/stage-times-map/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Weather is looking real nice for the weekend:

V4oEWJA.png

Temperatures in the high teens, completely dry, a little bit of cloud cover to give a slight respite from everyone baking to death, and only a light breeze to make putting up tents and awnings a bit easier.

Damn, I loved where the Family Campsite was last year, but now this year we'll have to go in the same entrance as all the regular campers cars. Not as good. At least, I suppose, this means we'll have access to food in the morning this year, as last year they weren't opening the Midnight Circus/Absolut Bar area entrance until quite late in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

speaking of maps .. I don't know if anyone noticed but the current google maps satellite image appears to have been taken during either the set up or break down last year. Midnight Circus tent being the obvious clue:
    https://goo.gl/maps/X5Y56ZcymNo

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

What's in the Sanctuary area? Don't think I've been in it.

hugeglobe wrote: »
    What's in the Sanctuary area? Don't think I've been in it.

Also Bosca Beatha Sauna?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Also Bosca Beatha Sauna?

Human soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

General Camping area now looks smaller ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What’s the story with tickets? It says you have to print out a pdf or show it on your phone but as far as I can tell I haven’t received an email with a pdf? I have receipts for each of my installment payments and these have a QR code on them but that’s not a ticket. Will they be sending them out this week?

Korvanica wrote: »
    General Camping area now looks smaller ?

It's definitely not to scale :p

Yeah there’s no scale on it I was trying to figure out the size of it based off the map to see how it compares to other fests but you can’t really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MadYaker wrote: »
    What’s the story with tickets? It says you have to print out a pdf or show it on your phone but as far as I can tell I haven’t received an email with a pdf? I have receipts for each of my installment payments and these have a QR code on them but that’s not a ticket. Will they be sending them out this week?

speaking of maps .. I don't know if anyone noticed but the current google maps satellite image appears to have been taken during either the set up or break down last year. Midnight Circus tent being the obvious clue:
    https://goo.gl/maps/X5Y56ZcymNo

Was wondering about that myself, I've no idea how much of that stuff lives there all year - kind of like how the Body and Soul main stage is ever present at Stradbally throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MJohnston wrote: »
    Was wondering about that myself, I've no idea how much of that stuff lives there all year - kind of like how the Body and Soul main stage is ever present at Stradbally throughout the year.

I hear that gets rented out for wedding receptions and things like that. I suppose during the summer too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

Also Bosca Beatha Sauna?

The sanctuary is where the hot tubs are and spa treatments etc

The bosca beatha is new this year I think, it's a mobile sauna :) I've seen it up in glenmalure near Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Any decent pdf’s going for the timetables?

You’d be printing for days using the format they have on the B&S site and Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 welleb

Is there any good techno/electronica acts, along the lines of King Kong Company? Something you can really lose your mind to?

• Advertisement

welleb wrote: »
    Is there any good techno/electronica acts, along the lines of King Kong Company? Something you can really lose your mind to?

AV AV AV might be suitable.

Obviously Jon Hopkins as well. I plan on losing my mind and everything else during his set, hoping for trippy visuals :pac:

Advertisement