Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Would you (or anybody else reading this) have any idea how strict they are with the alcohol policy? This is my first year going and I was planning on only bringing some in tomorrow & leaving more in the boot of the car & getting it over the weekend. I do this every year in EP and it's never an issue...
    they are quite strict. very unlikely you'll get it in after your first entrance. take it all and your tent, then get any other stuff over the weekend (clothes, food, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Dont chance it, there is no way you will get any in after the first entry. As was said earlier, on the first entry just bring tent & drink, everything else after.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

they are quite strict. very unlikely you'll get it in after your first entrance. take it all and your tent, then get any other stuff over the weekend (clothes, food, etc.)

Will do, thanks. Are they very strict on it being a choice between a slab of cans or spirits? Would they let me in with both?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

To be honest they are much more concerned with checking for glass. I dont think the alcohol limits are monitored at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

So festival site maps are always a bit of a fudge, Body and Soul in particular seem to get the layout of the paths in the Woodlands area wrong (this had me very confused last year). Plus the scale is all wonky which confuses people.

Anyway, long story short, I created a Google Maps overlay which contains all the main stages, food areas, campsite locations, etc. And most importantly the locations of the available paths and the areas where there are walls or barriers preventing you from taking shortcuts:

Here it is

If anyone spots any major errors there, let me know (the layout of the paths at the hot tubs is a sketchy memory, and I'm pretty sure there's another path where you can cut past the barns but I wasn't 100% on that.

I do recommend familiarizing yourself with that Walled Garden layout though, I've gotten lost or disorientated too many times in there (and the official map is completely awful in regards to that part of the site)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is there any reason why they cant do a path between the us and you campsite and the main arena? Do they do a security check between red and the arena, even though you can bring drink in? Is it to stop people bringing chairs in or day ticketers sneaking into the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Is there any reason why they cant do a path between the us and you campsite and the main arena? Do they do a security check between red and the arena, even though you can bring drink in? Is it to stop people bringing chairs in or day ticketers sneaking into the campsite?

Possibly just crowd control things. I mean there's also a really accessible path between where the Orchard bar is and the field of the main stage, which they actually used for some of the earlier years. Now it's blocked off for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Just wondering if anyone with experience would know the answer to this. I've to collect my wristband from the staff gate, and I'm getting the bus down which seems to leave me at the complete opposite side of the site...does anyone know the route the bus takes? Is there any chance I could get off the bus nearer the staff entrance?

that's the backstage area so can't really have people wandering through there.

yes, they do a security check between red and arena. it's more to stop Saturday day ticketers staying in the campsite and coming back into the arena on Sunday.
    day-ticketers are allowed into the campsite, as they use the same entrance/exit as weekend ticket holders.

Just wondering if anyone with experience would know the answer to this. I've to collect my wristband from the staff gate, and I'm getting the bus down which seems to leave me at the complete opposite side of the site...does anyone know the route the bus takes? Is there any chance I could get off the bus nearer the staff entrance?
    I'd say it's highly unlikely that the bus driver would stop anywhere other than the designated area, especially with people having all sorts of gear with them. where is the staff gate? can't see it on the map. the box office is near the bus drop-off point...

• Advertisement

I see they're offering combined Sat+Sun tickets now with camping.
    I'm hoping this translates into a roomier campsite!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Whats up with the clashfinder ? Hasnt been updated in 8 days or so :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Korvanica wrote: »
    Whats up with the clashfinder ? Hasnt been updated in 8 days or so :/

Have the set times changed at all since the clashfinder was made? If so I must have missed it.

Also saw they are now doing Sat & Sun tickets.. Leaving it late! I ended up buying a 3 day camping but can't go until Saturday, got it for €150 though so not much of a difference thankfully. Can't be selling well with all the advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Also saw they are now doing Sat & Sun tickets.. Leaving it late! I ended up buying a 3 day camping but can't go until Saturday, got it for €150 though so not much of a difference thankfully. Can't be selling well with all the advertising!

I think the weather might just save them, otherwise I'd say they were in trouble. I suspect they overestimated the draw of Fever Ray and Jon Hopkins, though great, are a "minority sport".

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jambonjunior

I'd say it's highly unlikely that the bus driver would stop anywhere other than the designated area, especially with people having all sorts of gear with them. where is the staff gate? can't see it on the map. the box office is near the bus drop-off point...
    It's not on the normal map, but it's the complete opposite side of the site. Hmmm, think I'm in trouble.

you can always ask, although from memory the buses come in on the side of the general carparks/entrances.
    you might be able to leave your stuff with some other staff on that side and around the other side quicker, then shortcut back through the site when you have your wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Queue not moving

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

MadYaker wrote: »
    Queue not moving

Oh jeez are there really strict bag searches?

Not getting there til half 7 or 8 myself, hoping the queuing will be gone by then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Queue setup is a joke.

Carpark is only a fraction full and they’re already struggling to move the queue ffs.

Its just a single road in, what can they do?

You should try the road into burning man. Its a single two lane road for 80,000 odd people. It takes 8+ hours at the peak times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

It’s not the cars. There’s zero traffic in so far, breezed in.

It’s the physical queue to security that isn’t moving.

Oh right, gotcha

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Any one know if us and you camping has a separate que in this year again

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Queue is still well over an hour and no sign of abating. They should wave a few prople in during busy periods

EDIT: you can skip the queue if youve and us and you ticket. Of course no one tells you this

The queue has always been a problem at Body & Soul, worst I have experienced at any irish festival, it's as if there is always a delay in them opening the gates and people are just left around waiting for an hour or two. Always the worst part in fairness, once you're in and set up for the weekend you have 3 great days ahead of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

What are the searches like? Are they doing pat downs and what not?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

Silly q: If we arrive Sat afternoon by car at A2, will there still be enough room to park, or is there an overflow car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Is the queue any better?

Susanne Sundfor has pulled out on the Sunday, she is being replaced by Booka Brass Band on the main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m fcuked already

Advertisement