Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

At the moment, my list of acts I want to catch is:

Friday: Fever Ray.

Saturday: Fever Ray.

Is she playing twice?

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Fever Ray leaving me cold and unexicited, despite numerous listens.

I'm not mad into the latest album but I know she's been playing stuff off the first a lot. I must check out recent setlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Whipping Boy

When can we expect the site map? Did I hear something mentioned about a new stage this year? Could have imagined that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Has anyone camped in the Us & You campsite before? What is it like compared to the normal campsite? Was thinking about going down late Friday/early Saturday and reckon this might have a lot more space than the normal campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Has anyone camped in the Us & You campsite before? What is it like compared to the normal campsite? Was thinking about going down late Friday/early Saturday and reckon this might have a lot more space than the normal campsite.

Last year it seemed to be about three times the size of the normal campsite, becoming the de facto "normal" campsite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Probably gonna decide on a ticket before Friday.

I know it's kinda been answered already, but will I be ok going up on the Friday with about 32 cans and a litre of spirits ? (In a plastic bottle obviously.)
    Have you any of ye had bother in that regard in previous years ?

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Last year it seemed to be about three times the size of the normal campsite, becoming the de facto "normal" campsite

It's a lot more civilised than the other campsites.
    It's not the eco vibe that it used to be, more like people who don't want to camp beside loud assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is it wristband only and fenced off, like the Eco campsite at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

Yep you have to exchange your ticket for an Us & You wristband and there's security at the gate checking each time you walk in/out.

It's encouraged to keep things clean etc, there's people walking around with bags to separate your rubbish and its nice that you dont crawl out of your tent and put your hands in a load of cans or food.

Our group feels kinda feel safer camping in there anyways..and not saying it's boring but there's less 7am sessioning/people falling in to your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Burr10

Probably gonna decide on a ticket before Friday.

I know it's kinda been answered already, but will I be ok going up on the Friday with about 32 cans and a litre of spirits ? (In a plastic bottle obviously.)
    Have you any of ye had bother in that regard in previous years ?

I'd imagine you should be OK.

Been three times previously, each time bringing 24 cans and a litre of spirits, and the searches for me have ranged from a quick look in my bag to make sure there was no glass to just being waved on through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Aside from Jon Hopkins, does anybody have any suggestions for good dance/electronic/techno acts? Not terribly familiar with most of the line up..

Thanks in advance.

Mebeme wrote: »
    Aside from Jon Hopkins, does anybody have any suggestions for good dance/electronic/techno acts? Not terribly familiar with most of the line up..

Thanks in advance.

AV AV AV, James Holden, the whole Maeve line up on Reckless in Love on Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

Thanks in advance.

Mano Le tough

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

I see on Facebook they're selling 100 tickets for149,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thanks in advance.

Electronic is my main genre too. This is my customised clashfinder, from the one Ferris Bueller made on here.

https://clashfinder.com/s/bodysoul2018/?user=0ekuea.xx&

Green ones are the acts I want to see.

Friday

Gundelach
    Bearcubs
    AV AV AV
    Son Lux
    Le Boom
    Mama Snake

Sat

Fish Go Deep
    Mother DJs

Sun
    Daithi
    James Holden
    Maeve: That entire stage will be good - Mano Le Tough & Baikal are great.

jones 19 wrote: »

Bought one of them myself, went with the Us & You campsite, probably going to head down after work on the Friday which means I will miss a few acts. Been exploring the lineup a bit tonight and will look into it more tomorrow.. Plenty of okay sounding stuff but not many that are making me say they're unmissable..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bought one of them myself, went with the Us & You campsite, probably going to head down after work on the Friday which means I will miss a few acts. Been exploring the lineup a bit tonight and will look into it more tomorrow.. Plenty of okay sounding stuff but not many that are making me say they're unmissable..

is it your first time at Body & Soul Festival Ferris?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

is it your first time at Body & Soul Festival Ferris?

Nope it will be my 4th appearance in Ballinlough!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

jones 19 wrote: »

Just looking for clarification, do you mean there is 100 euro tickets being sold for 149 euro? And is it the festival or individuals selling them?

Ferris_Bueller: Aah right, was just curious, you know yerself about B&S there is always some mad distractions and randomers about and taking in the music you want to see you will always discover something else in the process. And before you know it it will be Monday again ha ha. :)

• Advertisement

milehip wrote: »
    Just looking for clarification, do you mean there is 100 euro tickets being sold for 149 euro? And is it the festival or individuals selling them?

Huh? :confused: Do you not mean 100 tickets at 149 Euro each.

Aah right, was just curious, you know yerself about B&S there is always some mad distractions and randomers about and taking in the music you want to see you will always discover something else in the process. And before you know it it will be Monday again ha ha. :)

Ah yeah you are right in fairness, I have always felt slightly that of all festivals I go to the lineup matters least at Body & Soul because there are certain places that are guaranteed to be good like the Woods, Absolut bar, comedy tent etc.. looking forward to it now that I have a ticket!
    milehip wrote: »

No Body & Soul were selling 100 tickets for the price of €149 earlier on (instead of €200 as they are now), limited to one per person, was still some when I went to buy mine about 2 hours ago.. Link was on their facebook page.

(insert love heart eyes emoji here!!)
    I am verdy excited for Mr Hopkins.

I suppose that track there was a work-in-progress at the time, elements of Open Eye Signal and Collider in that version. You will notice in the last minute and a half he ups the bpm and it becomes the version you hear on the new album. I like both versions though and there is a lovely crunch in that live video clip which he also played at Electric Picnic in 2015 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

What's the story with buying stuff in there? Mixers specifically. I'm planning on bringing a plastic bottle of whiskey with me but I'm wondering about getting mixers in there. Is there a shop type thing or is it only bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What's the story with buying stuff in there? Mixers specifically. I'm planning on bringing a plastic bottle of whiskey with me but I'm wondering about getting mixers in there. Is there a shop type thing or is it only bars?

Loads of vans selling coke, fanta etc., yeah. Not too sure about getting anything more than 50cls, though.

Don't remember any mini shop like at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

This is my better half's strategy also. Brandy & Diet Coke (a disgrace if you ask me).... Ice cream vans are your friend for half litre bottles of Diet Coke, often cold. Probably not what you have in your whiskey... Most food stalls will also sell soft drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Tempted by the availability of Saturday tickets now. What's the story with day tickets? Do they kick you out at a certain time or can you hang around as long as you want in the main areas? 

Realise that I won't have access to the camping areas.

Also is it easy to get taxis at 3/4am there?

• Advertisement

Tempted by the availability of Saturday tickets now. What's the story with day tickets? Do they kick you out at a certain time or can you hang around as long as you want in the main areas? 

Realise that I won't have access to the camping areas.

Also is it easy to get taxis at 3/4am there?

You're allowed stay in the main arena until it closes around 4/5am, after that I think they expect you to go home but the entrance/exit is through the campsite so not sure how they enforce people with day tickets not staying in the campsites.. I'd imagine you would get away with staying in a friends tent if you wanted but might find it hard to get back into the arena on the Sunday.

Advertisement