Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Since I got a new job I'm refusing to bring work home with me, but today I realised that even though I'm not working I've spent the last two hours worrying about how much work I've to do tomorrow, and have snapped at a friend who was trying to help anyway. So not bringing work home has not actually helped at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

New Home wrote: »
    The only two things that spring to mind when I hear the word "dentist" are 1. My sadistic old dentist, who was the spitting image of Pavarotti and who used my chest as a tray for his tools (not a euphemism, calm down, folks!), and 2. the Marathon Man. Neither of these images are very appealing to me.

TA at people having gorgeous, considerate dentists. Also wondering if those ^^^ are the effect of the gas.

That's fighting talk that is! My love is genuine!!

Ok it may not be genuine love I'm feeling but that's completely beyond the point!

TA jealous people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Those Easter egg mallow things. The size of them this year! Half of half of half the size they used to be. Je suis offended.
    Also due to my one-eyed williness, I was meant to text my friend and say “you look amazing” and instead wrote “you look massive” :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

jaxxx wrote: »
    That's fighting talk that is! My love is genuine!!

Ok it may not be genuine love I'm feeling but that's completely beyond the point!

TA jealous people :D

You still haven't told us if you had inhaled any gas at that point or not. :pac:

You still haven't told us if you had inhaled any gas at that point or not. :pac:

The only gas I inhaled, were the fumes of desire!

That sounds about as romantic as a pig in a slaughterhouse......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Swoons*

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that I have to open a window with all the gas spilling around here.,

*Swoons*

Can we stop talking about my love life (or complete lack of) please??

Back on topic:

TA People refusing to shut up about my love life.

GODDAMMIT!

You started it!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that you have dragged my lack of one to the surface, just when I had buried it in the back of my brain.

• Advertisement

TA 'cause join the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I have enough love for all of ye :D

You started it!

I did not! I had a genuine TA of the heart then LadyMacBeth had to go and get all dirty... Not my fault as Sephiroth damn well acknowledged! :D

Thanks for the offer, LMB, but I don't share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Kenneth-Williams-and-Hattie-Jaques-540756.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Aaaaaand this is why I love this thread. Gives me all the lols when I'm about to lose my sh*t..

Ta'd that my dentist isn't a hottie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Actually while we're on the subject of tats.. Lambing is just kicking off with us and 3 out of 5 of the ladies that have lambed have only one tat working and we have to tube feed the poor hungry lambies in case they aren't getting enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The label in my t shirt was annoying me so i tried to cut it off with scissors now there is a hole in my t shirt. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The word “ilk” trivially annoys me. It’s like someone was trying to say milk but forgot the m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The automatic check in/check out machine in the local library. The stupid thing rarely works properly, or directs you to take the book or dvd to the desk. The amount of public money wasted on these shiny, useless items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

There is a disgusting amount of dog sh1t on the footpaths and clearly all the dogs in town have explosive diarrhea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I was in the middle of a choke-y cough there reading that and it turned into a gaggy vomit.. Bleurghhh...

Just saw someone spell Paddy's Day as Paddie! :confused: For feic sake like!

Still have this horrible awful lingering dry cough weeks later where I struggle to breathe! :( Trying not to cough is making my Ribcage and insides sore. :( My body-parts being sore is making me doubly wrecked exhausted beyond belief much more so than usual! Oh so tired... :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I had to walk half way across the town for a working ATM today. My legs are so sore now because I walked too fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

At the parents house.
    I was in reading with the TV on.
    I noticed the program was about sex-crime investigation so I changed the channel for decency sake.
    Flicked through the channels and found a programme that looked like some harmless period drama.
    It's on one minute and it cuts to a scene where a couple are going at it like a pair of animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭donegal_man

People who write "here here" when they mean "hear hear".
    I know I'm a sad pedant getting annoyed by these things but this is a thread for trivial annoyances.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA wind woke me up much sleep left to do sleepy look at bbc headlines and see Stephen Hawking has died now too sad to sleep gonna watch his futurama and simpsons clips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

What's up with google images all of a sudden? Becoming a pain in the... nudnik

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

madmaggie wrote: »
    The automatic check in/check out machine in the local library. The stupid thing rarely works properly, or directs you to take the book or dvd to the desk. The amount of public money wasted on these shiny, useless items.

OMG, I love the ones in my library. I try and fool it by putting loads and loads of books stacked on top of each other to see if it can find them all*, and it always does. It's everything that the self-checkout at the supermarket isn't! It scans multiple items at the same time, it doesn't give out about inappropriate items in inappropriate areas (bagging area I mean, tut, tut!!), and it doesn't require you to feed it money at the end either. I love 'em. Your library may just be unlucky in the machines it has.

* and then stress about finding the time to read them all before they have to be returned!!! My TA.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Feeling old. Noticed it recently when talking to people about Storm Emma, and realised that none of them remember the "big snow" of 1982 which I do (vaguely!). Checked the CSO and the average age in Ireland is 37.4. So now knowing that literally most people are younger than me right now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Have woken up with swollen tonsils and a very busy day ahead. Staff meeting after work and I’m supposed to be singing in a choir concert later...we’ll see how well that goes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement