Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Personally if I was buying a new car today :p

I would have a concern over Nissan because of chademo. The rest of the market has gone to other connection. With the likes of Ionity now starting to roll out I am not sure about Nissan...

It would be a huge minus against Nissan.....

I said this 2 years ago when I got the eGolf the market was going away from chademo and it is true now.

Even the eCar chargers now all have triple head connection

• Registered Users Posts: 65,018 ✭✭✭✭unkel

CHAdeMO was obsolete years ago. The only standard for the western world going forward was CCS. Even Tesla acknowledged that and they've adopted their superchargers to have CCS now.

The arrogance of Nissan in continuing with CHAdeMO is staggering. The Leaf is the only EV for sale today that still uses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Are there any dealers in Ireland that have stock I can order and buy before 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Are there any dealers in Ireland that have stock I can order and buy before 2020?

I'd say if you don't have a deposit on one already you will find it difficult to get one. there are supposed to be very few cars coming to Ireland in 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Fitz2011

jmpie wrote: »
    Has one one on here got an actual price for the 64kWh from your dealer yet? I still didn't get a definitive price that I will have to pay just approximate. They are also not after giving me a date for delivery yet.

On the road price of €39500 is what I was quoted

• Advertisement

Fitz2011 wrote: »
    On the road price of €39500 is what I was quoted

That's more or Less what i was told too. So hopefully its not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

That's more or Less what i was told too. So hopefully its not more.

That's what I paid, but I got an excellent deal on the Ioniq, and blagged ceramic coating too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭eagerv

Called into a local Kia dealer this morning.

They claimed that the Niro will be available in one high spec version for about €40K. Apparently Kia have told them it will include a 7.5" screen, leather heated and ventilated seats, full LED lights, adaptive cruise and full safety suite incl Blind spot warning, lane follow assist etc.

Soul will be same spec except for 10.5" screen and a little cheaper.

They have yet to receive pricing, above only an indication.

eagerv wrote: »

They claimed that the Niro will be available in one high spec version for about €40K. Apparently Kia have told them it will include a 7.5" screen, leather heated and ventilated seats, full LED lights, adaptive cruise and full safety suite incl Blind spot warning, lane follow assist etc.

Its odd how they all have slightly different stories and specs. There is no 7.5" screens only 7 or 8 and the Irish or British cars don't have ventilated seats, no LED headlights, no Blind spot warning and this is what I saw on the 39kWh I had on test a month ago too. they just seem to bluff their way through it!

Its odd how they all have slightly different stories and specs. There is no 7.5" screens only 7 or 8 and the Irish or British cars don't have ventilated seats, no LED headlights, no Blind spot warning and this is what I saw on the 39kWh I had on test a month ago too. they just seem to bluff their way through it!

Exactly what I said to the sales boss, but he was certain about the spec, having only just got off the phone from Kia.

He did say that getting them will be the problem..

• Advertisement

The e-Niro is back up on the Kia Ireland website now. 37,495.32 € For the 64kWh before met paint and delivery I assume

Just took a test drive in an eSoul 64kWh, good drive some power! Good spec too 10.25”screen, HUD, electric seats, Harmon Kadron stereo, extra over the e-Niro I had.
    It’s alive it or loathe it type of car though and I’m not a fan of the look. Dash and steering wheel look a bit busy with buttons too. Small boot compared to e-Niro or leaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just took a test drive in an eSoul 64kWh, good drive some power! Good spec too 10.25”screen, HUD, electric seats, Harmon Kadron stereo, extra over the e-Niro I had.
    It’s alive it or loathe it type of car though and I’m not a fan of the look. Dash and steering wheel look a bit busy with buttons too. Small boot compared to e-Niro or leaf.

Price?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Price?

K2 €35,995

K3 €37,495

Excluding delivery and metallic paint.

eagerv wrote: »

I think the dealer I called to yesterday was talking out of his rear end.:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Here's the spec https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/e-niro/specifications/

It's also appearing on the finance calculator. GMFV has been set at €15,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Bjorn has been testing the new 64kWh Soul. 10" screen with telematics and new LFA.

Hard to get excited about the first edition Niro now.

kuro68k wrote: »
    Bjorn has been testing the new 64kWh Soul. 10" screen with telematics and new LFA.

Hard to get excited about the first edition Niro now.

The e-niro is more practical and easier to look at, but I would like if it had that 10.25" screen and the new LFA and the seats are nicer in the eSoul too. I don't like the dash of the new ESoul I took it for a drive yesterday. it is too busy with buttons and the steering wheel is uglier than before and boot is tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

liamog wrote: »
    Here's the spec https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/e-niro/specifications/

It's also appearing on the finance calculator. GMFV has been set at €15,000.

Yeah and the only thing I check is that it still has a my bloody heated steering wheel and seats :pac:.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Going to call over to them in a couple of weeks. There's chargers here in work so very handy for me - I could charge it every few weeks here and no need for a charger at home. I wonder if I'll stick with my blue

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What's the difference between the LFA on the Niro and Soul? The Irish Niro comes with LFA, the Irish Kona only comes with LKAS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

I don't see a reversing camera in the specs, anybody know if this is included?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

jspuds wrote: »
    I don't see a reversing camera in the specs, anybody know if this is included?

The car I test drove had one.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    The car I test drove had one.

It's on the specs as RVM (Rear View Monitor); w/ PG-Dynamic (Parking Guidance-Dynamic)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

tk123 wrote: »
    Yeah and the only thing I check is that it still has a my bloody heated steering wheel and seats :pac:.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Going to call over to them in a couple of weeks. There's chargers here in work so very handy for me - I could charge it every few weeks here and no need for a charger at home. I wonder if I'll stick with my blue

Why pay so much if you actually have no need for the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

eNiro driver on Twitter....

325 miles with just one 20 minute charge....

Mostly motorway speeds.

4.3 miles per kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

Old diesel wrote:
    325 miles with just one 20 minute charge....Mostly motorway speeds. 4.3 miles per kwh
    That's 0.145 kWh/km, hard to believe it was 520kms at 120kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

McGiver wrote: »

Guessing it's a UK motorway so probably more like an average of 60. Roadworks, traffic, temporary limits they forgot to turn off...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

JPA wrote: »
    Why pay so much if you actually have no need for the range?

I'd be happy enough with the lower range one - I have a list of requirements and the Niro just checks all my boxes! For example when it was being serviced they left me a v40.... which I was too short to drive confidently lol :o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

McGiver wrote: »
    Old diesel wrote:
    325 miles with just one 20 minute charge....Mostly motorway speeds. 4.3 miles per kwh

He DID stop for a 20 min charge - this wasn't 325 miles with no charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

Old diesel wrote:
    He DID stop for a 20 min charge - this wasn't 325 miles with no charge.
    No, I get that. I'm talking about the kWh/km figure.

Advertisement