Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Place bets now! My money is on an i3 Rex unless he's found a decent priced model S second hand....

Rex, however I'd be very happy if he found a M6 in his budget.... it would give me hope for the future :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Place bets now! My money is on an i3 Rex unless he's found a decent priced model S second hand....

Nah, he didn't say PHEV. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 65,134 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My initial thoughts too. But I doubt he wants a PHEV and the only reasonable value model S in the country (because highly desirable model with long remaining Tesla warranty and available at trade price) was gone last week. Still a very risky purchase, I reckon they will drop a good bit over the next year or two when the early ones all come out of warranty and there are many more EV offerings from Tesla and others...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Will update if I purchase. It's not a Niro EV so not related to the thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

https://youtu.be/n04gn67z0tg

One of the harshest reviews I've seen so far, but even so he seemed to think it was okay. Didn't try out LFA which is a shame, most reviewers miss it and it's one of the best features!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ELM327 wrote: »
    Will update if I purchase. It's not a Niro EV so not related to the thread :P

You have finally seen the light and gone to VW eGolf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

kuro68k wrote: »

One of the harshest reviews I've seen so far, but even so he seemed to think it was okay. Didn't try out LFA which is a shame, most reviewers miss it and it's one of the best features!

He was super critical.... he figures animals will attack the car because of the pedestrian noise! :rolleyes:

knocked it for having keyless entry on only 2 doors, not 4!
    Lots of other little gripes that just seemed like he wanted to complain for the sake of it.

I would agree with his assessment on the LKAS... its only fair at best but worth turning on on a long journey for added safety... i wouldnt pay for it though if it was an optional extra.

I think he hates Kia.....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

Does this car come with the option of a tow hitch? I would like to use it for a bike rack and maybe a small trailer when camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You have finally seen the light and gone to VW eGolf :D
    Neveerrr!!
    lol

No it was a Zoe from electric autos but they wouldn't budge on price so I left it. Pity as I had gone with the intention of buying it that day but the figures didn't work.
    Edit: link https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe-dynamique-intens-battery-lease/21693048

Oh well, will keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Oldenboard

Thanks, interesting, because I think the Hyundai / Kia EV offering are the cars to watch if you want to go electric!

ELM327 wrote: »
    Neveerrr!!
    lol

No it was a Zoe from electric autos but they wouldn't budge on price so I left it. Pity as I had gone with the intention of buying it that day but the figures didn't work.
    Edit: link https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe-dynamique-intens-battery-lease/21693048

Oh well, will keep an eye out.

Nice looking car, not sure about the Lease

KCross wrote: »
    He was super critical.... he figures animals will attack the car because of the pedestrian noise! :rolleyes:

knocked it for having keyless entry on only 2 doors, not 4!
    Lots of other little gripes that just seemed like he wanted to complain for the sake of it.

I would agree with his assessment on the LKAS... its only fair at best but worth turning on on a long journey for added safety... i wouldnt pay for it though if it was an optional extra.

Failed to test the LFA too, the best feature!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Failed to test the LFA too, the best feature!

I think he did.

Didnt he say it wasnt great and made mistakes around off-ramps etc and was only a useful safety feature but not to be relied upon? Which goes for all Level 3 autonomy today really.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

Has anyone got an update on e-niro 64kWh availability or deliveries?

Got this standard reply from Kia!
    Thank you for contacting Kia. We appreciate your interest in the eNiro and unfortunately we don’t have any firm dates on when the vehicle will be available for purchase at dealers. The 64kwh version will be offered in Ireland but all we can confirm for now is that it will be available in the second half of 2019.

We hope to advise of pricing and availability in the coming weeks, in the meantime I can add you to an eNiro/eSoul mailing list for updates.

I think he did.

Didnt he say it wasnt great and made mistakes around off-ramps etc and was only a useful safety feature but not to be relied upon? Which goes for all Level 3 autonomy today really.

The 39kWh one I had for a day did try to follow the off ramp every time you passed one alright, its a bit off putting when it does it.

I think he did.

He tested Lane Keep Assist, which is a very different thing. It stops you drifting out of lane, it doesn't actively follow the lane like LFA does.

He mentions some issues with off-ramps, but it's not clear what. Since he was using LKA it should only nudge the wheel when the car crosses a white line without indicating. So either the off-ramps have some very strange markings, or he was confused. Maybe he doesn't indicate when he comes off the freeway?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

hey guys, any update on E-Niro?
    also I wonder since Kia is sister company of Hyundai would they implement this below in their kias?

https://pushevs.com/2019/05/07/2020-hyundai-kona-electric-gets-a-11-kw-on-board-charger/

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    also I wonder since Kia is sister company of Hyundai would they implement this below in their kias?

https://pushevs.com/2019/05/07/2020-hyundai-kona-electric-gets-a-11-kw-on-board-charger/

Kia launches the eNiro yesterday

Gobs**ts....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

So it is confirmed. I will be getting Niro in early June. I will just live with spec. And it’s still better than kona. Just 50 or so 64kw cars in Ireland coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Fitz2011

kevin16w wrote: »
    So it is confirmed. I will be getting Niro in early June. I will just live with spec. And it’s still better than kona. Just 50 or so 64kw cars in Ireland coming.

Any confirmation on price?

Not 100% but he reckons it will be around the 38300 mark. Just had to go in and get started so to apply for grants and such.
    He will get back to me with the details.

Kia Ireland website is down....bet they are going to re-release the pricing for the eNiro

HI, I was on to the dealer yesterday and they told me they have an e-niro "Booked" for me but no date for delivery yet. Its interesting that you have a delivery date, that must mean they will deliver the first batch to Ireland soon. did you get any details from them on Color availability or anything.

Stefs_42 wrote: »

When I spoke to the Kia dealer yesterday they said they will have an eSoul in today and it will have the new 10.25inch Screen etc, that is mentioned in the Hyundai link you have also. so it might be possible that its an option for 11kw charger on the eSoul. they siad that there will probably be an updated e-Niro for 2020 as the PHEV and Hybrid are being updated for 2020 with new interior and extrior including the 10.25 screen and new instruments.

Delivery date isn’t precise but expected in country 11th June. I’d say another few days after that or top a week and should be mine. As for colour I had requested a number of weeks ago the dark grey I had seen in showroom but I think it’s called a blue. Specs are per the car in showroom. I had requested higher and they tried to get first edition from UK but no success. It will take a few weeks to do grant process and such so that’s why started now. Probably a bit early but I didn’t want to be left waiting.

Delivery date isn’t precise but expected in country 11th June. I’d say another few days after that or top a week and should be mine. As for colour I had requested a number of weeks ago the dark grey I had seen in showroom but I think it’s called a blue. Specs are per the car in showroom. I had requested higher and they tried to get first edition from UK but no success. It will take a few weeks to do grant process and such so that’s why started now. Probably a bit early but I didn’t want to be left waiting.

Thanks for the Info, I request the dark Grey also I think its called "Graphite"? but I'd be happy enough with any color apart from White. At least the spec is better than the Kona which was fairly disappointing for the price.
    My dealer didn't say anything about the grant yet, I might give them a shout on that so. I assume you will get a 192 reg?

I’m not pushed on 191 or 192. I’ll see what the situation is closer to the time. It’s not like it would be December and I would wait for that. But mid year I don’t think there is much difference at all.

yeah its not much of a difference really. let us know anyway if you hear anything interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Test drove it this week, really impressed. Dealer said absolutely no stock until 2020 and even then, I'd be looking at a 500e deposit from July onwards to secure it. Pretty much sold on it now, if we get the 2020 model next year with an upgraded charger then even better!

Advertisement