Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭denismc

Anyone know if any of the dealers in Cork have demos available?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

denismc wrote: »

Nyhan Motors in Bandon have one (39kWh I think) parked out the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jmpie

denismc wrote: »

Nyhans in Bandon, I had a 39kWh e-niro for an overnight test last month. They also have an eSoul in the forecourt I saw it on Saturday when I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭denismc

Thanks, Nyhans is only 20 minutes from me, I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The eSoul vs eNiro thing is interesting.

Unless the eSoul is significantly cheaper what is the point?????.

• Advertisement

In the UK I saw that the e-Niro was around £33.5k and the expected eSoul price is £30.5 so £3k whatever that translates to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

tk123 wrote: »
    Do I need the grant if there's an electrician in the family to install the charger for me!?

The grant relates to the 5k SEAI grant for the car.
    jmpie wrote: »
    They told me that they could get any color, especially White or dark colors. I asked for the graphite (Grey) and they said no problem.

My dealer had a metallic red one that he could swap for a white, metallic grey, silver or very dark blue (hard to tell it was blue, looked black). I ordered the grey, so the red has gone back into Kia Ireland stock.
    Bif wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping in but what price are dealers quoting for an EV Niro on the road after grants? Thanks.

€39,500, on the road with metallic and a 3 year service plan in my case.

Old diesel wrote: »
    The eSoul vs eNiro thing is interesting.

Unless the eSoul is significantly cheaper what is the point?????.

I drove both at the weekend. The soul is significantly better equipped than the Niro. Lovely car inside.

That's Great, I asked my dealer about the grant application but they said they didn't have a chassis number yet and will need that for the application which is fair enough. But I still didn't get an approx date of anything like that. July would suit me fine, but I would like to know.

They definitely have 64kWh cars in stock. Today I had the choice of Metallic red, silver, grey, and deep blue, and domestic appliance white. :P

The one I was driving at the weekend was black, but I wouldn't buy that one. The tyres will need to be replaced soon. :p Some power in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

hS4yvbA.jpg
    CA4SqdZ.jpg

Drove the eSoul - nice enough, spacious up front interior, smallish boot with a large load lip/sunken floor.
    Short spin - it drove well & was well equipped, LED dipped & main beams, HUD (not a fan of the pop-up screen), nice high res, wide screen.
    Electric seats, no memory, heated full leather but not ventilated.

Apparently price will be the same as the eNiro - €39,995.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Soul actually looks nice in that pic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Old diesel wrote: »
    Soul actually looks nice in that pic

:puke:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I really can't see anyone buying it when the eniro is the same price ...... what advantage does the Soul have ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I really can't see anyone buying it when the eniro is the same price ...... what advantage does the Soul have ?

Dragon Scales on the inside of the door

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vidukasp

I don't willy like the look of the eSoul. For me looks like family box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Like the old Volvo add - they're boxy but they're good :D.

Soul EV is better equipped than eNiro - I mean, halogen lamps on the eNiro - terrible at almost €50k (before subsidies).

They definitely have 64kWh cars in stock. Today I had the choice of Metallic red, silver, grey, and deep blue, and domestic appliance white. :P

The one I was driving at the weekend was black, but I wouldn't buy that one. The tyres will need to be replaced soon. :p Some power in them.

I didn’t know they were doing the Red, did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Is it this one?

In stock as in, can drive one away in the next month? I kept being told there was 200 people on a waitlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

Kramer wrote:
    Apparently price will be the same as the eNiro - €39,995.

No way. That's ridiculous if true. It was supposed to be 4-5k cheaper than eNiro.

Yep, it was in the dealers back yard. It's not the candy apple red that you see on a lot of Renault cars, but it's not far off it either. It's going back into stock, so it's for sale at some Kia dealership, with immediate delivery.

• Advertisement

Yep, it was in the dealers back yard. It's not the candy apple red that you see on a lot of Renault cars, but it's not far off it either. It's going back into stock, so it's for sale at some Kia dealership, with immediate delivery.

Thanks, I'd like to get a look at one as I like the idea of a nice metallic red, the 40kWh leaf has a lovely metallic red. Is that the colour in the picture below?
    kia-niro-ev-snow-runway-red.png

Thanks, I'd like to get a look at one as I like the idea of a nice metallic red, the 40kWh leaf has a lovely metallic red. Is that the colour in the picture below?

That looks like it alright.

McGiver wrote: »
    No way. That's ridiculous if true. It was supposed to be 4-5k cheaper than eNiro.

It looks like the eNiro that we're getting is the mid spec in the UK, while the Soul is fully tricked out with top spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

McGiver wrote: »

It looks like the eNiro that we're getting is the mid spec in the UK, while the Soul is fully tricked out with top spec.
    What spec are we missing out on compared to the UK in the eNiro?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    What spec are we missing out on compared to the UK in the eNiro?

LED headlights, 8" screen (we get the smaller 7"), front parking sensors, ventilated seats. These are definitely missing. Not sure if the car has blind spot detection or rear cross traffic alert, but I think it was the Niro that beeped at me when I was reversing in to a parking spot and another car came up from behind on my right. I drove so many cars that day I can't be sure.

LED headlights, 8" screen (we get the smaller 7"), front parking sensors, ventilated seats. These are definitely missing. Not sure if the car has blind spot detection or rear cross traffic alert, but I think it was the Niro that beeped at me when I was reversing in to a parking spot and another car came up from behind on my right. I drove so many cars that day I can't be sure.

Also missing electric seat adjustment and memory seat positions, JBL premium audio

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

The UK one doesn't get ventilated seats, blind spot detection, cross traffic warning or memory seats either.

I have a reservation in the UK but was thinking of cancelling because the Leaf looks like better value.

kuro68k wrote: »
    The UK one doesn't get ventilated seats, blind spot detection, cross traffic warning or memory seats either.

I have a reservation in the UK but was thinking of cancelling because the Leaf looks like better value.

Yeah you are correct it doesn't have those items.

Do you think the Leaf is better value? is it the 62kWh one you are thinking of?

Is it Cheaper, I asked a Nissan Dealer in Cork and it actually looked like it would be more expensive and less range no thermal battery management either so that put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,136 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kuro68k wrote: »
    was thinking of cancelling because the Leaf looks like better value.

I would be very careful ordering a L62. Until I knew there was no #rapidgate issue with it and until I knew there was going to be investments in already obsolete CHAdeMO charging technology in this country. ESB has stated they would, but seeing is believing. It would be a bad use of tax payers money

Anyway even in the best case scenario, you would be spending a lot of your money on an EV that will only ever charge at 43kW at best and is very inefficient to run

Kona / Niro / Tesla Model 3 are all far superior in this regard compared to L62, more efficient, proper battery cooling and far faster CCS charging

• Advertisement

Has one one on here got an actual price for the 64kWh from your dealer yet? I still didn't get a definitive price that I will have to pay just approximate. They are also not after giving me a date for delivery yet.

Advertisement