Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

graememk wrote: »
    Ohh i must get myself one of them clamp meters

I have found the car "wakes up" as soon as you walk up to it, as the dash cam in the car turns on when the mirrors fold out.

I wonder for how long it stays awake, It knows the bonnet is open or not so it might not shutdown if its open.

You can switch this behavior off AFAIK - if you want to. It's called something like "Welcome lights/(...)" in settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭championc

Ohh i must get myself one of them clamp meters

I have found the car "wakes up" as soon as you walk up to it, as the dash cam in the car turns on when the mirrors fold out.

I wonder for how long it stays awake, It knows the bonnet is open or not so it might not shutdown if its open.

€ 35,21 57%OFF | UNI-T UT210D Digital Clamp Meter Multimeter Handheld RMS AC/DC Resistanc With Temperature,Send Two Test Lines.
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mspz6sL

You can turn off the car waking up when standing near it with the key. Once off, you need to touch the handle button, or the open button on the remote

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Cheers. That's what I'm thinking. I could definitely get it started and get it to the Kia garage, but you only get a replacement vehicle if yours is towed away by Kia Assist (as I understand it - open to correction?). Would be great to avoid Kia assist, if I could get a replacement vehicle from the garage. Will give them a call.

Kia could give you a replacement car, but if they're all booked out, you're stuck. They'll then suggest using the AA to get you a replacement car for 2 days, and after that you're relying on Kia again. Hyundai was like this for me, but they were completely useless in getting me a replacement car (while I waited for a part) so I kept my car.

As others saying, try just get a brand new battery off them.

Also, the radio buttons not working now? Seems like the car is going backwards. Personally if it was my car i'd be constantly nervous that it's going to give me issues, regardless of how it's fixed now. They don't know exactly what's the cause, so they can't fix it, and they're just ham fisting a few "fixes" at it in hope.

I would just get the car transported to the garage and get them to fix it or give a new one.

The buttons issue is likely that the buttons need to be "paired" in some way with the radio head unit I reckon. So it's likely that your original head unit is in whatever other car and also not working with the buttons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

championc wrote: »
    The buttons issue is likely that the buttons need to be "paired" in some way with the radio head unit I reckon. So it's likely that your original head unit is in whatever other car and also not working with the buttons
    It was working for the first few days after the car was returned. They stopped working around the same time the battery drain improved. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Edit: Ignore me, was doing something stupid(er) :)

Anyone know how to reset the password for Kia UVO app? Updated app on iphone and am logged in. Their silly "Forgotten password" questions doesn't actually
    reset password, just gets stuck on the last step (of verifying email) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Girl 2011

The 12v battery people on about is this the one that shows up on he dash board above the revs? How are people checking that and is this something that we need to check on regularly. Would never have thought of battery checking

Girl 2011 wrote: »
    The 12v battery people on about is this the one that shows up on he dash board above the revs? How are people checking that and is this something that we need to check on regularly. Would never have thought of battery checking
    That little battery symbol with a '1' beside it? That's actually just a symbol representing the full state of charge of the high voltage (drive) battery (the gauge denoted by the number '5'). There is actually a warning light for the 12V battery (see (3) in the screenshot), but in my case it never lights, as you only see the telltale signs when you're not in the vehicle (e.g. a caution in the UVO app, or the car won't unlock :eek:). Hope I'm grabbing the screenshot from the correct version of the vehicle - my eNiro is dearly departed again, so can't check.
    526614.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Kia Ireland have confirmed that they won't be bringing the e-Niro 4+ to Ireland. :(

• Advertisement

Kia Ireland have confirmed that they won't be bringing the e-Niro 4+ to Ireland. :(

What's that missing for us?

Sunroof
    Led headlights
    11kW AC charger
    Memory seats and mirrors
    Heated rear seats and ventilated front seats
    JBL speakers
    Front sensors
    Blind spot detection
    Heat pump
    Ambient lighting
    Aluminium pedals

That everything?

Led headlights, 11kW charge and memory seats are a disappointing option that won't exist here. Heat pump and blind spot detection would be nice to have I guess.

Sunroof
    Led headlights
    11kW AC charger
    Memory seats and mirrors
    JBL speakers
    Front sensors
    Blind spot detection
    Heat pump
    Ambient lighting
    Aluminium pedals

That everything?

Led headlights, 11kW charge and memory seats are a disappointing option that won't exist here. Heat pump and blind spot detection would be nice to have I guess.

I think we get the bolded ones in the current 4.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I think we get the bolded ones in the current 4.

We have heated rear seats and Front sensors too (Might be easier just to edit your post)

We have heated rear seats and Front sensors too (Might be easier just to edit your post)

Done :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Irish version has manual seats too. vs electric ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Sunroof
    Led headlights
    11kW AC charger
    Memory seats and mirrors
    JBL speakers
    Front sensors
    Blind spot detection
    Heat pump
    Ambient lighting
    Aluminium pedals

That everything?

These we do have already:

11kW AC charger
    Heated rear seats
    Front sensors
    Aluminium pedals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Any recommendations where to get a rubber boot mat for e-niro??

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

Would this Lidl powerbank be any good to keep on board in case of 12v battery issues?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/winter-ready/powerbank-with-compressor/p50562

• Advertisement

Redlim wrote: »
    Would this Lidl powerbank be any good to keep on board in case of 12v battery issues?

I reckon so

I reckon so

Cheers, think I'll pick it up for that added peace of mind

Redlim wrote: »

Would this one in Halfords be better?
    https://www.halfords.ie/tools/garage-equipment/jump-leads/4-in-1-jump-starter-594335.html

Bigger internal battery, higher amperage, cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭eagerv

I bought a Noco boost HD GB70. 2000A.

Serious bit of kit, great for a big diesel but a bit of an overkill for an EV...

The Noco Boost GB20 is perfect since it can be stored in the glovebox and could be left permanently connected to trickle charger off a USB socket

The Noco Boost GB20 is perfect since it can be stored in the glovebox and could be left permanently connected to trickle charger off a USB socket

Was wondering about that with the halfords and lidl ones.

Was wondering about that with the halfords and lidl ones.

I could be wrong but the Halfords one you linked to looks a bit bulky to keep in the car. If the Lidl one is nice and compact I might pick it up. If not, then the Noco GB20 seems to be the way to go.

It was mentioned it in a previous post, but you don't want to store your jump starter kit in the boot, and most certainly not in the spare wheel well. If the 12V battery gets run down, you can't open the boot or the rear doors, so you'd need to clamber between the seats, drop down the rear seats, and lift up any covers in the boot to retrieve it. So keeping it in the central armrest is handier. Sometimes smaller is better!

I have the nocoGB20, and it kept me motoring for a week of vacation in the west of Ireland, while I suffered with a battery drain. It does what it says on the tin.

I'll stick a price watch on it sure. Seems it drops in price regularly enough

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B015TKPT1A

• Advertisement

It was mentioned it in a previous post, but you don't want to store your jump starter kit in the boot, and most certainly not in the spare wheel well. If the 12V battery gets run down, you can't open the boot or the rear doors, so you'd need to clamber between the seats, drop down the rear seats, and lift up any covers in the boot to retrieve it. So keeping it in the central armrest is handier. Sometimes smaller is better!

Oh, hadn't thought of that, thanks! Looks like the Noco is the way to go then due to it's more compact size.

Amazon doesn't seem to allow delivery of battery items to Ireland, will Parcel Motel/AddressPal work ok?

Advertisement