Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Summer seems to have ended on the 9th of July in Castlebar, we have had just one day that has topped 20.6C since then and we have had 168.7mm of rain in that time, so far 4/7 months have been wetter then 2017, while 5/7 monthly mean temperatures have we been lower than 2017, just an average summer as usual in Castlebar, I hope 2018 does not get a country wide blanket thrown over it, if so remember late May and June in Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wild wet night and a wild wet dawning....

west mayo. offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Mild and humid with Oak park,Moore Park Shannon and Phoenix park reporting 19 degrees already at 10am. If the sun comes out in the east this afternoon temperatures will shoot up to 25/26 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wet and windy down here in west cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

20c here in kildare with heavy cloud won’t be long till we see the rain. Even though the radar isn’t showing much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

harr wrote: »
    20c here in kildare with heavy cloud won’t be long till we see the rain. Even though the radar isn’t showing much.

Sunny spells in North Kildare. I doubt you'll see any rain today, not during daylight hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's 19.6C here in north Glasnevin and I just got a brief glimpse of the sun. It's mostly cloudy. Hopefully the sunny spells further west will come this way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

Got to 22c in Sligo there in Sunshine

Sun gone in now n dark again n down to 20c

God if today was pure sunny it would be boiling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Wet and windy down here in west cork.

I don't know what part of west Cork you`re in but in my area, about 15km north of Bandon, it is completely dry and breezy with occasional bursts of warm sunshine.

I don't know what part of west Cork you`re in but in my area, about 15km north of Bandon, it is completely dry and breezy with occasional bursts of warm sunshine.

Near Rosscarbery atm! heavy mist :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mild and cloudy here at Dunshaughlin, certainly a huge improvement over yesterday. Temperature currently 19C.

Temps in the low 20's till about Wednesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Gonzo wrote: »
    mild and cloudy here at Dunshaughlin, certainly a huge improvement over yesterday. Temperature currently 19C.

Temps in the low 20's till about Wednesday.

With a dramatic fall in temperatures to come after then, according to sryanbruen`s daily forecast thread post this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

With a dramatic fall in temperatures to come after then, according to sryanbruen`s daily forecast thread post this morning.

In frost hollows, nightime temperatures could be down over 10 degrees by later next week into the weekend from the next few days' values. That's of course only if the model output verifies.

1pm met reports, Oak Park 24 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Turning into a nice day in East Cork. Warm and partly sunny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

21C now at Dunshaughlin, but feeling warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Some of the clouds are burning off to give way to sunny spells. It's warm as expected.

2pm... Oak Park 25 degrees

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Warm and humid
    21C 81rh Cork airport

23C now at Dunshaughlin, spells of very warm sunshine. A full 10C warmer than this time yesterday.

Eastern Ireland is warmer in places than anywhere in the UK at the moment. Parts of Ireland may not get much below 17C tonight, going to be a very warm night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

19.1C in Castlebar, overcast and the humidity is at 92%.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Been a grand warm day currently at 20.4C with Rh at 81%, nice breeze from the SW. Broken cloud giving sunny spells. Found the sunshine blinding today. Had to get an eye test this morning using drops to dilate the pupils, had to wear sunglasses even in the house :cool: although getting better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Utterly miserable again in Donegal, horizontally blowing misty rain with low visibility and now starting to rain heavier. As is often the case, it was relatively nice when I left Kildare and got progressively worse the further north west I got.

Oak Park reporting 26C.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Stunning day in Durrow, Laois. Close to 26c at present with prolonged sunny spells in a balmy breeze.

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1030798051273785344

That sky was from around an hour ago or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Maximums from synop reports today (so far).

Oak Park - 25.5
    Casement Aerodrome - 23.2
    Dublin Apt - 23.0
    Gurteen - 22.5
    Cork Apt - 21.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

25.8c in currently in Wicklow town. 26.8c in Ashford a few miles away.
    Both yearly highs.

Update 26.2c & 27.3c respectively. Beautiful day. Humidity got down to 60%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Only 21 in Waterford but rather humid with it. Sun out after a gloomy morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Getting cloudier now in Tralee and Temp dropped to 19.8C , feeling warmer with the humidity.

temp_uk_ruf5.png

humidex_uk_qqr4.png

• Advertisement

Still misty rain down here in coastal west cork. No sign of strong winds yet

Advertisement