Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Same here in Tralee , mostly blue skies warm and humid with a few nice lenticulars about..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭OldRio

Drizzle first thing and now rain. 6 days in a row now. Dark and miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

sunny, warm and very humid in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got up briefly to 22.3C today in Castlebar, making it the warmest day since the 8th of July, mixture of clouds and blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Third week in August and Oak Park has notched up yet another 25c - it has been some summer in the south east which has certainly lived up to its sunny reputation.
    The sunny spells are gradually getting a bit longer here and the temp is responding, 22.7c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Full proper blue skies in West Clare, rather shocked if I'm honest!

Andddd cloudy. Max of 22.1c which was welcome. Currently 21.4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Andddd cloudy. Max of 22.1c which was welcome. Currently 21.4c.

I am absolutely boiling cutting the lawn
    Best day in in a few weeks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

warm with sunny spells, temperature of 23C. Not as warm or sunny as last Saturday, but still a very pleasant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭OldRio

OldRio wrote: »
    Drizzle first thing and now rain. 6 days in a row now. Dark and miserable.

Well hush my mouth. Sun shining at the moment and blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

An almost clear sky now with a lot of sunshine, here in Glasnevin. It's 24.3C now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Has reached 25.0c now in Dublin 16. Sunny with a SW breeze.

Out sunbathing in cork city. Blue sky with a warm wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wild warm wind out here in West Mayo.. no real sun but .. sunny clouds if you know what I mean... wind building more now
    offshore island

km79 wrote: »

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

probably my last bbq of the year this evening. Great day here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Gonzo wrote: »
    probably my last bbq of the year this evening. Great day here.

Why do you say that? I wouldn't write the bbq conditions off just yet. There still could be warm weather last week of August and into September.

Why do you say that?. I wouldn't write the bbq conditions off just yet. There still could be warm weather last week of August and into September.

yep, there may well be good weather around first week of September, there nearly always is. I'll be in Spain around that time, by mid September when I arrive back we will most likely be into proper autumn weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dear ! an absolute cloudburst here. Rain, heavy, loud, bouncing off the ground. A wall of water... West Mayo, offshore island

Cut mine as well this evening. Thought I'd better do it before any rain arrived tonight. I was surprised how much there was. Although it was a bit thin, and brown under the trees. It's still 22.3C so quite warm. Best time of day to do it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

This has been a ridiculously good summer by Irish standards. Sitting in the garden eating bbq in dublin, 23 degrees at 9pm. It has been like one near endless bbq since the start of May :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Had great sunshine and got quite warm and humid here in Tralee today. Little cloud before mid afternoon and even though cloud increased kept sunshine right up until evening.

High of 23.1C with 91% Rh making it very balmy. 18.4C atm

Lenticular at about 12.30 today in Tralee.

34umIf1.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blustery heavy rain has pushed into Castlebar in the last hour, 3.8mm of rain already and a big change from this afternoon, still 18.2C outside though and 97% humidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

I know we could really do with lots of rain, and the drought is causing huge issues but I've become so used to the sunny weather. I don't want it to go in  way.

I'm getting too cold when it dips below 19 with a breeze.

Warm still in Cork city. First night in a while that I have to keep the bedroom window open again

Warm still in Cork city. First night in a while that I have to keep the bedroom window open again

I don't know how anybody can sleep with their bedroom windows fully closed, at any time of year. It's 17.7C RH 89% here so still very warm.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    I don't know how anybody can sleep with their bedroom windows fully closed, at any time of year. It's 17.7C RH 89% here so still very warm.

So humid last night

I live in the country along a quiet road
    I can barely sleep with a vent open never mind the window
    Any car passing, dog barking etc wakes me as I’m a very might sleeper

So humid last night

I wouldn't be able to handle the lack of fresh air. I think I can sleep through most sounds so I think I'm OK there.

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

I know we could really do with lots of rain, and the drought is causing huge issues but I've become so used to the sunny weather. I don't want it to go in  way.

I'm getting too cold when it dips below 19 with a breeze.

I came back from holidays on August 1st and there's not really been any clear skies and nice weather you could trust since then, that I can remember.

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

So humid last night

I live in a quiet cul de sac but open windows are not an option. Come 4am or so birds start chirping and sometimes seagulls start going nuts.
    On the warm nights I've just slept in a sheet and usually wake up freezing, none of these nights would be too bad in my opinion, some air would be nice but what can ya do.

• Advertisement

Sardine wrote: »
    I live in a quiet cul de sac but open windows are not an option. Come 4am or so birds start chirping and sometimes seagulls start going nuts.
    On the warm nights I've just slept in a sheet and usually wake up freezing, none of these nights would be too bad in my opinion, some air would be nice but what can ya do.

I forgot about the birds actually as well
    I’d get no sleep if I left a window open
    Vent is even a stretch !

Advertisement