Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oppressively humid and airless outside. Not a breath of wind

west mayo; offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Gavlor wrote: »
    Balls of and a day on the south east coast, sun came out for a bit but heat was drowned out by a strong south westerly. Misty and foggy since 5

Bit of redemption today!

https://twitter.com/meteireann/status/1031172606332989440?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Gonzo wrote: »
    disappointing day here, murky with spits of drizzle all morning, no sign of any sun. Temperature 19C.

Similar in Artane/Coolock except the sun managed to come out for a minute. It's gone now sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This August has to be the most boring month in quite a long while. It was bound to happen sometime after all the interest the weather has provided since Ophelia. Not complaining because this allows me to focus on other matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Currently about 24/25 degrees in Cork. Feels very warm and nice when the sunshine appears!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Overcast in Castlebar, 19.3C and 89% humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

22.5 in waterford and horribly humid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

21 degrees in dublin city centre but the humidity is brutal! Sweating buckets out there

Would love to know since 1st May what proportion of days in dublin have seen at least 20 degrees hit. It feels like only a handful of days where the max temperature wasn’t at least 20-22 degrees with so many days around 23-26 over the past few months

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

23C in Cork airport, city feels balmy.
    Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today's high at Dunshaughlin reached 20C briefly, a full 6C cooler than yesterday. If the sun was around today we would have easily reached 22 or 23C. A damp day here with drizzely showers on and off all day.

Would love to know since 1st May what proportion of days in dublin have seen at least 20 degrees hit. It feels like only a handful of days where the max temperature wasn’t at least 20-22 degrees with so many days around 23-26 over the past few months

Station|May|June|July|August|Total|% of days
    Casement Aerodrome|8|15|26|11|60|54%
    Dublin Airport|5|15|23|9|52|47%
    Phoenix Park|9|19|26|14|68|62%

Data comes from Met Éireann.

Sryan thanks so much for that. If you take out May which I suppose is not technically summer that would mean Phoenix Park in June, July and August combined has averaged about 75% of all days being 20 degrees or higher, very impressive. Can’t imagine there are too many summers with that type of average!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Station|May|June|July|August|Total|% of days
    Casement Aerodrome|8|15|26|11|60|54%
    Dublin Airport|5|15|23|9|52|47%
    Phoenix Park|9|19|26|14|68|62%

Data comes from Met Éireann.

More annoying drizzle in Dublin 5

Artane2002 wrote: »
    More annoying drizzle in Dublin 5

The boring August continues so my mind turns to Winter :D

Already 20c in Arklow 2 hours ago.

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1031461119611887616

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭pauldry

Good afternoon from sunny misty (at the same time...all day) Sligo 19.1c

Very warm West Mayo... cloudy with some sun.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The boring August

:confused: Nothing boring about it where I am. The winds had us cut off and the rain filled the moored boat with water ;)

Graces7 wrote: »
    The boring August

:confused: Nothing boring about it where I am. The winds had us cut off and the rain filled the moored boat with water ;)

Well I'm on the other side of the country from you in fairness where it's just been cloudy, humid muck with little rain - perfect definition of boring to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,589 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

There's nothing worse than a hot, rainy day. And that's what today has been. The air is like a soup again.

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than a hot, rainy day. And that's what today has been. The air is like a soup again.

This post really shows that everyone has a different definition of hot/cold. Personally, I found the temperature perfectly fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

This post really shows that everyone has a different definition of hot/cold. Personally, I found the temperature perfectly fine.

Today is definitely not hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's been very humid, and that feels hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain, rain, drizzle and more rain in Leitrim.
    Warm and humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was roasting in cork city today with the sun out. Was sweating just standing outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,589 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It has cooled down significantly since the cloud cover got thicker, but earlier when it was partly sunny and very humid, I would definitely have described it as hot for me. The air temps are one thing, but the combo of direct sunlight and high humidity earlier was pretty heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Youd get more wind off a fart than down the south today. Dead air , high humidity = a savage , cruel , exhausting and unrelenting warmth.
    Bring on the cold , bring it all the way on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Another lovely warm day here in Wicklow. Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

decent day in the west
    Brightest day in over a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Full proper blue skies in West Clare, rather shocked if I'm honest!

Advertisement