Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

There's a few decent tracks and some golden lines but "Stepping stone" and the last 3 tracks on the album are utter shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Eminem's flow is awful.

Good production but is is another average album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

MD1990 wrote: »
    Eminem's flow is awful.

Good production but is is another average album.

What a load of utter utter bollox. His best album since TES, better than SSLP. Absolutely destroys so many of todays frauds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What a load of utter utter bollox. His best album since TES, better than SSLP. Absolutely destroys so many of todays frauds.

Okay so I haven't listen to the album yet but what on earth, for one it's only been out for like a few hours, and also Eminem's been a mess musically for over a decade so to say it "destroys so many of todays frauds" is some claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Only Album I can listen to more than once since Encore.

This should have been the Marshall Mathers LP 2 along with Bad guy.

Okay so I haven't listen to the album yet but what on earth, for one it's only been out for like a few hours, and also Eminem's been a mess musically for over a decade so to say it "destroys so many of todays frauds" is some claim.

Give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Pleasantly surprised by the Em album, thought he was finished after the horrendous 'Revival' but this album here is definitely a solid effort. I really can’t hate on any songs on it. Just a straight Hip-Hop album, he is just straight spitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm a bit mystified how someone could say that his flow is awful on it.

• Advertisement

• I'm a bit mystified how someone could say that his flow is awful on it.
    It's the best he's sounded in years IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Em came out throwing grenades at any and everyone that’s spoken foul on him and I’m fucking with that energy. Shit's like the bullied white kid that finally snaps and shoots up the school... and that’s the beauty of it.

Em came out throwing grenades at any and everyone that’s spoken foul on him and I’m fucking with that energy. Shit's like the bullied white kid that finally snaps and shoots up the school... and that’s the beauty of it.

Its slim shady from 15+ years ago and it's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭fitzparker

MGK responds to eminem

Video not working, here is link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sNCyiyIc_8

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I listened to the Em album this morning.
    First song is a verse too long after starting off brilliantly.
    Then there are average beats and Em rapping about how people give out about him too much, then a diss track for MGK.
    There was one point where one of the tracks beats flipped, sounded real good and then fizzled out.
    Then there is Em singing hooks.
    Then there is more moaning from Em.

I have to admit, it's alot better than his last few albums, Em is rapping better, but it's very whingey and he really does have a complex where he is the greatest rapper alive and that his last few albums have been the best thing ever and that critics are against him.
    He also forays into politics again on it which just sucks.

I'll listen to it again but my initial impressions are that I'll keep 1 or 2 tracks and bin the rest.

I have to admit, the MGK song is pretty damn good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

I've listened to it twice now, and i dont know where i sit with it.

He's throwing a lot of disses out and talking about how he's great, but I just can't seem to get into it. It sounds good in terms of style, almost like the Marshall Mathers LP for cadence and tone, the beats are nice, but there's so little to it other than slagging people off I'm struggling.

That MGK track is laughable, dissing Eminems beard and clothes? Looking forward to the reply that will bury him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Em wears deadly t-shirts, he can't diss them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

MGK makes valid points.

Good diss. Eminem doesn't respond he looks very weak. About time someone responded to him.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    MGK makes valid points.

Good diss. Eminem doesn't respond he looks very weak. About time someone responded to him.

"his ****in beard is weird"
    "****in dweeb, all you do is read the dictionary and stay inside"
    "Damn, he a younger me
    Except he dresses better and I'm ugly
    Always making fun of me"
    "you were named after a candy"

Aswell as far too many references to Eminems age, this is far from a good diss. On top of that mentioning Hailie and Kim, MGK is done once the response comes out.

He actually has some great lines in it besides the corny stuff

"Took you six years and a surprise album just to come with a diss"

"When you the one that called Diddy (facts)
    Then you went and called Jimmy (facts)
    They conference called me in the morning (what?)
    They told me you mad about a tweet
    You wanted me to say sorry (what?)
    I swear to God I ain’t believe him (nah)
    Please say it ain’t so (no)
    The big bad bully of the rap game can’t take a ****ing joke"

"“I’m not afraid,” okay Oscar the Grouch, chill on the couch" the delivery of that is hilarious mocking his accents/cadence.

The 'beef' is alot deeper than what is on the surface, i think it started when MGK said Hallie was hot or something, then Em used his contacts to get MGK banned from radio and stuff.
    MGK dissed him on a Tech Nine song, then Em bit back on the new album and the MGK unleashed this a couple of days later.
    So I'd forgive some of the corny stuff, as this was rushed out.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He actually has some great lines in it besides the corny stuff

"Took you six years and a surprise album just to come with a diss"

"When you the one that called Diddy (facts)
    Then you went and called Jimmy (facts)
    They conference called me in the morning (what?)
    They told me you mad about a tweet
    You wanted me to say sorry (what?)
    I swear to God I ain’t believe him (nah)
    Please say it ain’t so (no)
    The big bad bully of the rap game can’t take a ****ing joke"

"“I’m not afraid,” okay Oscar the Grouch, chill on the couch" the delivery of that is hilarious mocking his accents/cadence.

The 'beef' is alot deeper than what is on the surface, i think it started when MGK said Hallie was hot or something, then Em used his contacts to get MGK banned from radio and stuff.
    MGK dissed him on a Tech Nine song, then Em bit back on the new album and the MGK unleashed this a couple of days later.
    So I'd forgive some of the corny stuff, as this was rushed out.

Ya it's from a tweet he put out about Hailie, Em basically called him a paedophile and MGK didn't even comment on that in the diss. He's getting himself a lot of attention that he otherwise wouldn't have got so fair play to him but I fully expect him to be destroyed within a few days.

I'd love to see a response from Em, I'm not sure that'll happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's just funny to me that even the guy Eminem disses feels like he hasn't been relevant for years. Is he gonna go for Soulja Boy next?

It's just funny to me that even the guy Eminem disses feels like he hasn't been relevant for years. Is he gonna go for Soulja Boy next?

Eminem will forever be more relevant than machine gun Kelly.

Eminem will forever be more relevant than machine gun Kelly.

Em has been clawing at relevance for the past 5 or 6 years and moaning about not being held in the highest regard.

FYI - I was with my mates billions of years ago downloading freestyle from Em on 56k modem before there were any albums...well maybe Infinite but there was no digital version of it back then.
    I still think that he is up there as one of, in not the best technically gifted rapper. But his subject matter and beat choice and his own image of himself irk me.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Em has been clawing at relevance for the past 5 or 6 years and moaning about not being held in the highest regard.

FYI - I was with my mates billions of years ago downloading freestyle from Em on 56k modem before there were any albums...well maybe Infinite but there was no digital version of it back then.
    I still think that he is up there as one of, in not the best technically gifted rapper. But his subject matter and beat choice and his own image of himself irk me.

IMO Kamikaze shoots him right back to the top of that relevance list. I was the same as you, hunting down freestyles and then Infinite on crap 56k connections, I've always had a spot for him and I credit him with getting me into rap in the first place.

Here's the video for fall. There's actually a lot of clever wordplay going on in some parts of this now that I listen again. I still think that the beat is lackluster though.

• Advertisement

The Joe Budden Podcast today is a must listen, I'm 1 hour 44 minutes in and it's just moved onto MGK after discussing Em/Shady and loads of other stuff.

Advertisement