Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There is a strong correlation between the people who say we shouldn’t jump to conclusions & the people who act as apologists for Islamic terrorism & make excuses & try to normalise it.

There's a strong correlation between being a rereg and posting sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I couldn't see anything around Seatown. He covered a fair bit of ground if he was there too.
    Seatown Place I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

These open borders Scumbags like that game of thrones actor have blood on their hands on days like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Dr Brown wrote:
    The do gooders now have blood on their hands.

I'd say your hands are fairly sticky reading this thread too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

RTE saying now the attacker was from Egypt.

This is something very common. Germans had the same problems last year after the attacks on the Christmas market in Berlin.

Simple fact is a lot of north African nationals entered the EU claiming to be Syrian to get refugee status. In some cases they even have original Syrian passports which they seem to have bought on the black market.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    There's a strong correlation between being a rereg and posting sh1te.
    I drove down it and saw nothing. Checked Mill St. as well and nowt. Just the 2 spots on the bypass either side of National Tile and the Avenue Road closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

May not be the case here, but an awful lot of these attacks are carried out by second generation immigrants, who were born in the country they attack.

It's radicalisation that needs to be tackled, and Trump is to radicalisation what Bloody Sunday was to the ra, tbh.

It is usually 2nd generation but you don't get 2nd generation without letting first generation in first. You are also right about it being radicalisation that's the problem but the reason they are being radicalized is they don't fit in to our society and shouldn't be coming in the numbers they are with next to no vetting. The only way to fight it is to reduce immigration substantially, it may not be ideal and goes against how most of us would like the world to act but it's the only weapon we have to fight this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭kaymin

What mistake did the DoJ make?

They allowed him into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

There needs to be a total shut down on "refugees" coming into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Oh oh oh. Me me me. I want to say it. I'm brilliant and Obama wouldn't say it:

Radical Islamic Terrorism

Feck. I just jizzed on my keyboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

kaymin wrote: »

Maybe he came in through England and NI....then the DoJ has nothing to do with it.

Unless of course you want a closed border again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

How did it happen that he was refused entry into the UK and ended up here? Why was he refused entry into the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Grayson wrote: »
    yep. When a woman was attacked with acid it assumed by a load of people that a muslim did it. Sensible thing is to wait and see.

Was that person ever caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Dr Brown wrote: »
    The do gooders now have blood on their hands.

So what are the do badders up to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

6541 wrote: »
    If some middle eastern bloke came within 5 meters of me I would politely ask him to stop his approach. If he did not cease at this point he better have a really big knife and know how to use it.

Aren't you quite the hard man. :rolleyes:

Maybe he came in through England and NI....then the DoJ has nothing to do with it.

Unless of course you want a closed border again.

An Egyptian travelling to Ireland from UK does not currently have freedom of travel especially if he has been refused refugee status in the UK. You are being hysterical if you think exercising existing border controls for such persons amounts to a closed border.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Omackeral wrote: »
    Was that person ever caught?

I haven't googled it but I think they were. If I'm remembering it correctly a guy did it at the behest of another woman. I think it wasn't specific but a juvenile was charged with an assault that happened in the same place. Since it was the only crime that happened people assumed the assault was the acid attack.

Or maybe I'm remembering something completely different.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It's radicalisation that needs to be tackled, and Trump is to radicalisation what Bloody Sunday was to the ra, tbh.

You will not hear me say he is a brilliant president but to blame him for the radical islam that has been attacking Europeans for over a decade now is utter bull ****.

The 2nd coming of jesus, Obama and certainly that bitch who lost the elections to Trump are a 1000x more to blame for that than Trump ever can be.
    And lets not forget Frau Merkel who thought it was time again for the Germans to **** Europe up once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

The irony here is the poor Japanese lad would never have been stabbed to death by a radicalized immigrant in his own country, due to the Japanese having some common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So what are the do badders up to?

Stabbing people to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

We should put more bollards up.

pilly wrote: »
    6541 wrote: »
    If some middle eastern bloke came within 5 meters of me I would politely ask him to stop his approach. If he did not cease at this point he better have a really big knife and know how to use it.

Aren't you quite the hard man. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he's just uncontrollably sexually attracted to "middle eastern blokes" and the only way to stop him from gobbling off the fellas knob would be if the fella had a weapon to fight him off?

You shouldn't necessarily assume he's a racist of violent person.

Although your description of being a "hard man" might still be relevant....just a different sort of "hard" perhaps. I don't know. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Klonker wrote: »
    It is usually 2nd generation but you don't get 2nd generation without letting first generation in first. You are also right about it being radicalisation that's the problem but the reason they are being radicalized is they don't fit in to our society and shouldn't be coming in the numbers they are with next to no vetting. The only way to fight it is to reduce immigration substantially, it may not be ideal and goes against how most of us would like the world to act but it's the only weapon we have to fight this.

But we're not going to stop attacks by second generation immigrants by stopping immigration, and it certainly won't deradicalise the population already here. How much even is there into Ireland? Yeah there have to be checks and balances but we're hardly overrun like.

There's been a substantial Muslim population in Europe for decades, it's not the existence of Islam that's the problem, something has changed in the past fifteen years.

I've had largely positive or neutral interactions with Muslims of varying ethnicities, levels of piety over the years but I'm no fan of severe/extremist/whatever Islam. For instance it boils my piss seeing a small girl wearing a hijab or khimar, which, while exceedingly rare, I have seen in Ireland. But from a purely practical perspective the only way to integrate people and work against radicalisation is to work with Muslim community, the majority of whom ARE moderates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Dr Brown wrote: »
    There needs to be a total shut down on "refugees" coming into Ireland.

Why? How many refugees have committed crimes in Ireland?

thefloss wrote: »
    The irony here is the poor Japanese lad would never have been stabbed to death by a radicalized immigrant in his own country, due to the Japanese having some common sense.

you mean if he'd fecked off back to his own country???...................................

Poor fella is dead

How did it happen that he was refused entry into the UK and ended up here? Why was he refused entry into the UK?

Not aware that information is available to the public. At a guess it may be because he claimed to be a Syrian refugee but is in fact Egyptian.

At the very least I expect the DoJ to have screened him before allowing him in and to have taken account of the reasons why he was refused refugee status in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

inforfun wrote: »
    You will not hear me say he is a brilliant president but to blame him for the radical islam that has been attacking Europeans for over a decade now is utter bull ****.

Yeah I didn't do that though

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Lux23 wrote: »
    Why? How many refugees have committed crimes in Ireland?

Plenty actually

Does anyone remember the halcyon days when the 'fugees were only killing us softly, with their songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Not aware that information is available to the public. At a guess it may be because he claimed to be a Syrian refugee but is in fact Egyptian.

At the very least I expect the DoJ to have screened him before allowing him in and to have taken account of the reasons why he was refused refugee status in the UK.

Where are we getting the "refused refugee status in the UK" from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement