Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

splinter65 wrote: »
    Were you upset at the Polish man stabbed by another? Did you start a thread or comment about that?

Was there a Polish terrorist attack carried out this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Radical Islam I think you mean.

P.S. you are now a racist

I meant what I said.

Am I? Is there a welcome party? Should I make a speech?

It's mad, but expressing the opinion that radicalisation needs to be combatted has never led anyone to actually call me a racist, except on boards where people assure me some brigade or another will be along shortly to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Was there a polish terrorist attack carried out this week?

Is this a terrorist attack??says who ? You?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

It's radicalisation that needs to be tackled, and Trump is to radicalisation what Bloody Sunday was to the ra, tbh.

proper laws and standing up to the liberals would solve that pretty quickly but EU governments dont have the balls to do it.

Is this a terrorist attack??says who ? You?

Not sure, but it looks possible.

The other stabbings were not terrorist attacks carried out on random members of the public.

• Advertisement

Maybe they shouldve just sent this lad to limerick?

Which lad ? The dead lad? You’re not making any sense Tom. Spit it out . What are you trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Radical Islam I think you mean.

P.S. you are now a racist

The opposite usually. If you take a look at terrorist attacks and try to figure how a normal young person ends up becoming a terrorist then you're a "terrorist apologist".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

we are lucky he didnt know how to drive a car

He saw the quote for the insurance on it and decided to walk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

But 2 or 3 people have been stabbed even in the last few days in incidents. 2 are dead already . What’s different about this one?

Dunno yet. The one in Cavan where a Polish guy died is thought to be over a card game.

The one in Limerick appears to have been an argument between brothers.

It'll take more than a couple of hours after the event to figure out why the stabbing in Dundalk occurred.
    The murderer in Dundalk may have been related to his victim and it's possible they might have been arguing over a card game. All that is highly unlikely though.
    We'll just have to wait and see.

6541 wrote: »
    If some middle eastern bloke came within 5 meters of me I would politely ask him to stop his approach. If he did not cease at this point he better have a really big knife and know how to use it.

Your life must be very difficult. I feel sorry for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

When was the last time we had a random stabbing in Ireland and numerous people were injured and died?

Grayson wrote: »
    The opposite usually. If you take a look at terrorist attacks and try to figure how a normal young person ends up becoming a terrorist then you're a "terrorist apologist".

I think you mean 'try to figure how a normal young person ends up becoming a terrorist while excluding Islam as a possibility'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Were you upset at the Polish man stabbed by another? Did you start a thread or comment about that?
    Or an Irish man stabbed to death by his brother ? No? Why?
    Because they’re white?

If I hear of a Muslim man commit a murder in a western country, my interest is immediately piqued because of the hard evidence over the last 5-10 years suggest it could be a terrorist act. Don't be so naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

humberklog wrote: »
    Dunno yet. The one in Cavan where a Polish guy died is thought to be over a card game.

It'll take more than a couple of hours after the event to figure out why the stabbing in Dundalk occurred.
    The murderer in Dundalk may have been related to his victim and it's possible they might have been arguing over a card game. All that is highly unlikely though.

we can only go on what the media are saying and at the moment, both RTE and TV3, the 2 national broadcasters have mentioned terrorism. would they do that, without some form of credible information?

rte mentioned his phone, internet history etc etc are being checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

humberklog wrote: »

yep. When a woman was attacked with acid it assumed by a load of people that a muslim did it. Sensible thing is to wait and see.

From the areas I saw sealed off he didn't go as far as was being reported earlier. The two non-fatal places just have a squad car protecting them, doubt there's much evidence there but everything has to be covered.

I'm usually quick to criticise the Gardai but they seem to have responded fairly quick. An attack like this is not something I expect them to be great at handling just for simple logistical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

RTE saying now the attacker was from Egypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There were three separate attacks in Dundalk.
    1. Seatown Place - 2 Irish people on their way to work attacked and struck by man with iron bar and carrying knives.
    2. The Inner Relief Road - 1 person believed to have been stabbed.
    3. Avenue Road - 1 man stabbed to death. Believed to be a Japanese man of about 24.

Syrian national?? about 18/19 years of age tackled and arrested by garda in uniform. He is believed to have carried out all the attacks.
    No motive as yet.

I spoke with several people in the area who are very shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

we can only go on what the media are saying and at the moment, both RTE and TV3, the 2 national broadcasters have mentioned terrorism. would they do that, without some form of credible information?

rte mentioned his phone, internet history etc etc are being checked.

I didn't hear them mention terrorism on the TV news but they did stress he was an 18 year old boy from Syria with little English and that all his digital activity was now being scoured in detail.
    He was also carrying several weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Hmmm the plot thickens....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Already the attacker's nationality has been amended from Syrian to Egyptian by RTE, from Middle Eastern initially. So North African and Egyptian not Miiddle Eastern, Syrian. People may comment on what difference does it make but already the facts reported on this incident have changed significantly enough as the hours pass. It is a waste of hot air jumping to any conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

wait, aren't knives banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Could be just some over the top teenager who got dumped and lost an online game.

Could be a mentally ill kid who lost it.

Could be a muslim terrorist hell bent on highlighting to the world the suffering his people are going through by whacking a few Irish culchies and maiming a Jap guy?

Which sounds more plausible and which sounds like fear mongering?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They said Syrian on the One o' Clock news. The deceased was Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

1. Seatown Place - 2 Irish people on their way to work attacked and struck by man with iron bar and carrying knives.
    3. Avenue Road - 1 man stabbed to death. Believed to be a Japanese man of about 24.

Syrian national?? about 18/19 years of age tackled and arrested by garda in uniform. He is believed to have carried out all the attacks.
    No motive as yet.

Well if we read the points as laid out above it seemed to have been a planned attack not some argument over a card game or disagreement between friends at a party.
    And based on similar attacks across Western countries it bares the hallmarks of a terrorist attack

No motive as yet.

I couldn't see anything around Seatown. He covered a fair bit of ground if he was there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭kaymin

'Initial investigations indicate that he may have applied to remain in the UK, but may have been refused and entered Ireland following the refusal.'

Another great performance from the Dept of Justice

Garda believe they were random attacks (meaning terrorism).

• Site Banned Posts: 5 TheRedPanther

There is a strong correlation between the people who say we shouldn’t jump to conclusions & the people who act as apologists for Islamic terrorism & make excuses & try to normalise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

kaymin wrote: »
    'Initial investigations indicate that he may have applied to remain in the UK, but may have been refused and entered Ireland following the refusal.'

Another great performance from the Dept of Justice

Garda believe they were random attacks (meaning terrorism).

What mistake did the DoJ make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

The do gooders now have blood on their hands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement