Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 7 [** Spoilers US Pace **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Another quality episode, that ending was tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Sticking with the RTE showing myself.

I enjoy Homeland, it does some thing really well. The almost prescient and topical storytelling involving all things online and social media related have been really well done. Then you get scenes like the Evgeny simply able to pass himself off as a doctor and make contact with a high level operative in a supposedly secure hospital. I can forgive it though because the show always seems to pull itself together and produce another quality episode from time to time.

Poor Franny! Movie reviewer, the late Gene Siskel would be spinning in his grave over the treatment and danger that we see Franny in week to week. He hated children being put in peril to create drama as he saw it as a cheap thematic device. It becomes repetitive and boring after a while. We see it all too often in TV and movies these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The hyper competent Russian lad amuses me. Good series so far. Agree as regards Carrie's cack parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

The hyper competent Russian lad amuses me.

Reminds me a little of Jack Bauer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

UI made me lol , good episode

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

silverharp wrote: »
    UI made me lol , good episode

Slowly turning into a comedy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ooph, that episode had an air of desperation in its writing, mostly on the Russian front. I was driven to distraction by Yevgeny's phone usage whilst he was behind the wheel, it was almost comical. Hopefully they'll put the Frannie thing to bed now and we won't have that next year. Oh, and look they were spelling out 'trauma' in big neon writing near the end - whatevs.

Still, we got some Dylan Baker fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The hyper competent Russian lad amuses me. Good series so far. Agree as regards Carrie's cack parenting.

He's a good looking b*****d!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I really wish we could move beyond Carrie's bi-polar issues. I don't see what her condition brings to the character any more, apart from making it seem ridiculous that anyone would continue to employ someone so unstable in such a sensitive position. Why couldn't they just quietly mention that her medication is working and let it go?
    While I'm very much enjoying this season again, and the many parallels with real life events, Carrie's personal issues are just annoying at this point.
    Also, we get that she's a terrible mother. Didn't she seem to contemplate smothering Frannie at some point? Let her sister take the kid, and let's all move on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

But I think that's kind of the point. Carrie has devoted so much to serving her nation and its people. Often at her own neglect. If she just tried to live a normal life her health issues may be far less intense, she may even become a good mother. The problem is her commitment, which may be influenced by her condition, to her nations well being. She values that above all else including herself. It's been self destruction for her from season 1. Her father and sister even warned her of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

bogmanfan wrote: »
    I really wish we could move beyond Carrie's bi-polar issues. I don't see what her condition brings to the character any more, apart from making it seem ridiculous that anyone would continue to employ someone so unstable in such a sensitive position.

This. It's really getting in the way of what could be a decent show (well that and the few wtf moments like yer man just waltzing past all security into the hospital room last night purely because he managed to grab a doctors pass!). How many times do we need to see Carrie look at herself in the mirror or struggle with her condition.
    TBH this season feels more like an effort at becoming The West Wing with all the action at the White House (and failing miserably I might add!).

It was acceptable at that particular time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

good episode today, getting the crap out of the way for the last two episodes. i really think this is the best season ever, maybe because of the way the storyline is reflecting real life, only in real life, there's no sympathy for the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Good episode. Glad she made the decision for Frannie!

2 episodes left? The build up at the end of this one suggests they will be packed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

good episode today, getting the crap out of the way for the last two episodes. i really think this is the best season ever, maybe because of the way the storyline is reflecting real life, only in real life, there's no sympathy for the president.

Did you not watch season 1???

• Registered Users Posts: 40,265 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

she thought she would be able to use them but decided to do what was best for frannie instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Why go to the bother of stealing her fake medical records?

She obviously had a change of heart on using them to her advantage, especially after the sister had her say on the stand. Had she used them she’d surely have destroyed her relationship with her sister so she made the wise choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

I wasn't too keen on the whole Frannie/Maggie sideshow but the scenes between all three in this ep were well written and well acted I thought. Particularly Maggie's "I'm not a hero" speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Claire is up the duff (in real life). I wonder if Dante is the father, ha-ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Homeland to End With Season 8, Claire Danes Says
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/homeland-end-season-8-claire-danes-confirms-1103890
    Star Claire Danes has confirmed the news in an interview with Howard Stern on his Sirius XM show. "Yeah, that’s it," she said when the host brought up the fact that the next season is rumored to be the CIA drama's last.
    In February, showrunner Alex Gansa told The Hollywood Reporter that season eight would likely be his last year. Though he's long hinted that season eight would be the end of Carrie Mathison's story, he noted he wasn't sure that'd be the case for the others on the show.

"It's definitely going to be my last year," said the executive producer and writer ahead of the seventh season debut. "I can't speak for Claire or Mandy, but it will be my final year and it will be designed to be the end of an eight-season story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

JoeA3 wrote: »
    She obviously had a change of heart on using them to her advantage, especially after the sister had her say on the stand. Had she used them she’d surely have destroyed her relationship with her sister so she made the wise choice...

And destroyed her sister's career too

Ffs RTE, I know they really don't care about homeland this season but 11:45 next Thursday? That's a joke.

I thought that was a good episode alright and thankfully Carrie finally saw sense regarding Frannie. Did anyone else think the "I always come back" line was a hint that this time she might not make it back?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Better episode with 7.10. Pretty much everyone is throwing grenades at each other, Carrie managed to keep the pin in hers. I am losing patience with the White House side of it because I don't care much - the institutions, yes, less so the decisions. Given Saul's op presumably things might go a bit 24 now we're into the final arc of the season. Oh, that line from the VP about indignation and crap - uh, Jed Bartlett said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,406 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a great last 15 minutes to this week's episode.

That was a full on return to form.

Good bait and switch at the end there.

• Advertisement

Advertisement