Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 7 [** Spoilers US Pace **]

Options

Comments

lukin wrote: »
    Damn, just when we were about to see Claire get her kit off..

wouldn't be too much to see in the booby dept.
    although I find her weirdly attractive as the slapper that she plays as her character in the show.

remember the very first homeland scene where she gets back in the morning to her apt after a slutty shag and wipes her bits off :eek:

yCiPq.gif

you can just imagine the director explaining how that scene should go lol.

seamie_66 wrote: »
    Claire is definitely very attractive but as you say her knockers are not great (apologies to the females reading this). I'd still be in there like a shot though. That scene in your gif from the first season is really gross, I remember being disgusted when I watched it. She has been behaving fairly sluttish in this season after being well-behaved for the last few.
    Somebody on another forum put it very well: "Carrie puts the ho' in Homeland"
    :):):)

Her lowest moment had to be deflowering and tricking the Pakistani boy who was shot dead in the head in short order by his uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭lukin

glasso wrote: »
    Her lowest moment had to be deflowering and tricking the Pakistani boy who was shot dead in the head in short order by his uncle.

Yeah she was a real bitch to do that.

Poor Dante is in for the surprise of his life when he wakes up next week.He's expecting to see Carrie alongside him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What if Saul has been turned by his government's betrayal last season and he's setting Dante up? Dante is actually innocent.

Saul has just discovered how much of a threat carrie actually is.

Turtwig wrote: »
    What if Saul has been turned by his government's betrayal last season and he's setting Dante up? Dante is actually innocent.

Saul has just discovered how much of a threat carrie actually is.

What are you smoking?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

7.06 had a good tempo to it, I felt.

Carrie's good at playing social/fake Carrie. I thought they were gonna throw Dante into the back of a van and drag him to a warehouse somewhere. Saul's blind now that old Russia met the new one.

'I know how this goes.
    I'm CEO of that club.'

That you are, Saul. That you are. Danes sold that scene well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What are you smoking?
    I've seen too much 24 :o

I really hope it's not the case. But they have put the pieces in place for Sauls loyalty to have changed.

He has given so much for his job. His life, in many way. Only for that to be spat on. Is he really that motivated to protect this President any more? He joined her inner circle rather easily for my liking. If he has turned heel, then being on the inside of Carries op is where he needs to be. It's also likely he won't want any harm come to Carrie.

Carrie would have connected the pieces regarding Dante eventually. Saul informing her earlier gets him right back in her confidential circle. Let's see if he does anything erratic now.

that was hilarious.
    don't see Saul and Carrie making up too soon after that.

• Advertisement

at least she has a free gaff to stay in now.
    only Carrie would continue her investigations "on the job" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Wow, I wasn't expecting to see Claire Danes show so much skin. Not that I'm complaining, I always thought she was a damn sexy bird (small boobies notwithstanding). The scriptwriters seem to be obsessed with getting her clothes off this season, that's the third time now I think? Carrie didn't do much whoring around in the last couple of seasons so maybe they think she should make up for it in this one I suppose.
    The Dante/Carrie hook-up is a bit of a repeat of the Brody/Carrie hook-up from season one though. Neither one knows if they can trust the other.
    Best part for me was the exchange between Frannie and Maggie:
    Maggie: "Your mom has been under a lot of pressure in work recently"
    Frannie: "What work?"
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm confused now. He might not be working with the Russians from the way they set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Slydice wrote: »
    I'm confused now. He might not be working with the Russians from the way they set it up.

I think it might be the case that he doesn't know he is working for the russians. His contact is the french woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Slydice wrote: »
    That's entirely possible, and Saul could be wrong - he was using the "common sense" of a former CIA operative. We now know that Dante has another possible motive to go after Carrie, one that has nothing to do with the Russians directly - that is, his personal resentment at what happened in Pakistan under Carrie's watch, including the drone strike on the wedding, back in Season 4. This theme of "rewarding people for wrong actions" is echoed in President Keane's presentation of medals for the military action she didn't properly authorise - the attack on the Iran - Syria weapons convoy. But the question of his allegiance still remains open.

The biggest surprise for me was how Carrie got information out of Dante's ex ... by just going to talk to her. Which backfired after Carrie's lazy/desperate assumption that the ex wasn't talking to Dante, and now he knows she's investigating him. Not that that matters since Saul's goons dragged him off, without it being made clear just how Saul got the legal clearance to do that. (You just know we're going to hear more about that.)

I had to go back and watch bits of Ep. 1 again, because I missed exactly how Dante entered the picture. At one point, just before the abortive meeting with Senator Paley, Carrie says "that's why you came to me about this (the innocence of the 200 detainees) - because you care". This tells me that he knew how to get to Carrie, by appealing to her sense of justice and frustration at Keane's apparent transformation in to the new Stalin. They already knew each other from Kabul, so it wasn't totally random to her. Then he screws her over by refusing to talk to Paley, even off the record.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Johnnywaters

How's this season going

I'm afraid to check in after the last couple of seasons

Is it worth a watch?

it built up to a set piece
    in episode 4

it looks to be working it's way to another but maybe it'll be end of season.

The spy-craft feels a bit weak but there looks to be lines being developed that may pay off later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Far out, for a moment
    I thought Saul actually had been turned

*pausing just where
    the lawyer leaves
    THE PEN! YOU DEAD
    !

• Advertisement

ok, that was good.

I actually thought
    the Russians had sent the pen.

At one point I was even thinking the
    Russians were just a pawn in an even bigger web.. that it could've been Wellington/the VP but now I think it's just them.. maybe..

Definitely.. for a while at least..
    give Franny a break from Carrie.. at least until this is done.

The
    breakout of Simone was done well. I thought they'd kill her but no.. they might still.. but the post credits suggests otherwise

Last thing I thought was the whole
    pen trick can't have been OK for them to do on US soil. There's gotta be some repercussions down the line for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

How's this season going

I'm afraid to check in after the last couple of seasons

Is it worth a watch?

It is worth checking out. I feel it's stronger than the last few seasons .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I can't remember if it was explained or not.... but how did Carrie/Max manage to bug Wellington's apartment with cameras?
    I know he came back home and kicked Max and others (who were they) out of the apartment.

I can't remember if it was explained or not.... but how did Carrie/Max manage to bug Wellington's apartment with cameras?
    I know he came back home and kicked Max and others (who were they) out of the apartment.

they had already done it at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

they had already done it at that point.

Sorry I meant how did they get access to his house in the first place?

Sorry I meant how did they get access to his house in the first place?

Max slipped in as one of the crew who was making sure the house wasn't bugged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I think it has been a good season so far. With the last few episodes it isn't always clear who had been turned, who is being used and who is playing straight..

So the Russians were able to snatch Simone without a shot being fired or a single person noticing? When Homeland does things like that it really annoys me. I know you have to stretch your imagination when you watch these shows but that was really taking the p###.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Last two have been brilliant!

Advertisement