Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 7 [** Spoilers US Pace **]

Options

Comments

Slydice wrote: »
    post credits bit..
    has them talking about foreign intelligence operation.. and at the moment everyone is blaming everything on Russians.. so this could be homeland including that.. so my guess is they are pointing to yer man being Russian

makes sense. especially after the comments from the showrunners about the events being current.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Episode 4: Well, they ballsed that up good and proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Right! I'm sold! :eek:

So then.. yer man.. Russia?

He looked strikingly familiar to a certain series regular in the Americans. (Arguably the best tv show since the wire )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Turtwig wrote: »
    He looked strikingly familiar to a certain series regular in the Americans. (Arguably the best tv show since the wire )

:eek:

IT IS!!!!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2687923/

Woah! Good spot!

The difference a beard makes eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I don't reckon he's a foreign agent. He's in the same "group" as O'Keefe and the dead general - trying to provoke a coup against President Keane.

All the strife is internal, not from Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This post has been deleted.

Wouldn't be pining to see her nude. Her boobs are too small and her legs are bandy like John Wayne

sbs2010 wrote: »
    I don't reckon he's a foreign agent. He's in the same "group" as O'Keefe and the dead general - trying to provoke a coup against President Keane.

All the strife is internal, not from Russia.
    could be a red herring..

but that actor like.. his latest credit is "Russian American (post-production)" as Vadim

and then there's his history of appearances:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2687923/
    The Body Tree
    Sergei
    The Americans (TV Series)
    Oleg Burov
    Shooter (TV Series)
    Russian Ambassador
    The Strain (TV Series)
    Alexei Boiko
    Agent X (TV Series)
    Misha Voronsky
    Agent Carter (TV Series)
    Anton Vanko
    Extant (TV Series)
    Anton
    Shelter (2014) ... Anton
    2011 Red Dog
    Dzambaski
    2010 Anyone You Want
    Igor
    2009 East West 101 (TV Series)
    Gregorovich

I mean like.. it'd be a fairly well thought out red herring in fairness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cant really see O'Keefe spinning this one! He had the chance to end it and didnt. What the hell was he thinking. Plus I felt the militia had other plans. Shooting the dog and son did seem to be some sort of ploy to encourage the militia to start shooting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,343 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good old Homeland, America going up in flames. You don't name drop Ruby Ridge and Waco and then not go there. Senior FBI bloke was a bit of a reactionary. Couple of things to nitpick here. The militia had all those supplies and stuff to hand even though the FBI sealed the woods/roads...OK, I guess so. And they got there very fast when the kid was shot. Anyway. Good on the mother for calling out O'Keefe.

Also, I keep forgetting Frannie is Carrie's daughter. And key Max and Costa Ronin, this time bearded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭political analyst

Mc Love wrote: »
    Cant really see O'Keefe spinning this one! He had the chance to end it and didnt. What the hell was he thinking. Plus I felt the militia had other plans. Shooting the dog and son did seem to be some sort of ploy to encourage the militia to start shooting.

Why didn't that FBI agent, who has since been murdered by the boy's father in retaliation for the boy's "death", get his colleagues to form a perimeter around him and the boy while he called in the paramedics?

• Advertisement

Good old Homeland, America going up in flames. You don't name drop Ruby Ridge and Waco and then not go there. Senior FBI bloke was a bit of a reactionary. Couple of things to nitpick here. The militia had all those supplies and stuff to hand even though the FBI sealed the woods/roads...OK, I guess so. And they got there very fast when the kid was shot. Anyway. Good on the mother for calling out O'Keefe.

Also, I keep forgetting Frannie is Carrie's daughter. And key Max and Costa Ronin, this time bearded.

Maybe the Feds didn't know the woods as well as they thought, i.e. hidden driveways. After all, the militia probably knew the geography of the area better than the Feds did.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Maybe the Feds didn't know the woods as well as they thought, i.e. hidden driveways. After all, the militia probably knew the geography of the area better than the Feds did.

Happened in Afghanistan the SEALs and Rangers were often stunned by how well the Taliban could traverse the terrain. Stands to reason they simply knew it better.

Also fire teams are often no where near as competent as their military propaganda leads them to believe. (Plus the Fed's in this cases likely weren't as highly trained operatives as special military groups. They were just heavily equipped. )

post credits bit..
    has them talking about foreign intelligence operation.. and at the moment everyone is blaming everything on Russians.. so this could be homeland including that.. so my guess is they are pointing to yer man being Russian

What post-credits bit? There wasn't any post-credits bit when it was broadcast on RTÉ Two earlier this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I thought the bit where the President's chief of staff tells the general over the phone to go ahead with the airstrike was very weak , I'd imagine the protocols are a little more robust.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I'd speculate that
    she's a professional spook working for the same people who infiltrated the hospital and spread the fake news of the guy dying and that Wellington had nothing to do with the general's assasination

I'd speculate that
    she's a professional spook working for the same people who infiltrated the hospital and spread the fake news of the guy dying and that Wellington had nothing to do with the general's assasination

for sure.

still no sign of the hacker Carrie beat up - so it was just a totally random Carrie freakout for a whole episode after all unlike what people were saying.
    doubt there is a need to bring him back in now that the main plot has momentum - the specs dude is an IT expert so why bother.
    getting better now that that there is a foreign threat - hopefully cartoon O'Keefe will feature less.

glasso wrote: »
    for sure.

still no sign of the hacker Carrie beat up - so it was just a totally random Carrie freakout for a whole episode after all unlike what people were saying.
    doubt there is a need to bring him back in now that the main plot has momentum - the specs dude is an IT expert so why bother.
    getting better now that that there is a foreign threat - hopefully cartoon O'Keefe will feature less.

But you've seen that Alex Jones Infowar guy on youtube? O'Keeffe is nuanced compared to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But you've seen that Alex Jones Infowar guy on youtube? O'Keeffe is nuanced compared to him.

O'Keefe really overplays the gravelly voice.

• Advertisement

Hrmmm... all getting mixed up now.

I dunno. Best I can tell is she's gonna be working for the Russians. Unless they've maybe (unlikely) gone down a corporate espionage route. Cool old style mission impossible feel to that setup though.

Not sure about the Saul - Brett standoff resolving so easily. Might be more there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

But you've seen that Alex Jones Infowar guy on youtube? O'Keeffe is clearly meant to be a transparent version of nuanced compared tohim.

Listen to the voice(s). It's the same guy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the whole Carrie as a mother thing doesnt work as my wife likes pointing out :pac: , in the last episode Carrie goes off for a whole day , doesnt get back until the wee hours and nothing about who is looking after her kid especially since the sister is stressed out about Carrie's behaviour

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Just caught up this evening. I take it that Dante doesn't know about the surveillance that Max and Carrie are doing. Strange as the 'op' they just pulled together was 'completely illegal' in Carrie's own words. I guess he wouldn't stand for two separate illegal surveillance jobs.

Are Wellington and O'Keefe the complete red herrings that they appear to be after this episode?
    I Don't know if Wellington is as uninvolved as this episode appeared to make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

The lads casually having the bants in the kitchen with Carrie was a bit jarring. I guess it's always difficult to introduce a number of new characters so quickly who apparently knew the main character years ago.

Wellington is as clean as a whistle.

decent episode 6 if a bit predictable. no O'Keefe contributing to that.

Carrie's fake flirting was cringe tho.

That was a Masterpiece!

The reveal of the
    FBI guy being a double agent
    totally got me. I was as surprised as the look on Carries face. 'Take a breath Carrie' :)

Then the division of New (social media) vs Old (cold war) and how they showed them in their different ways.

The whole episode just tied up everything so far into a nice package. That was way cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I thought that was one of the best episodes of Homeland in quite a while.

I love how they've gone from painting the President as the villan of the piece at the outset of the season, into the unwitting victim (not to mention Ken Barlow's son as the clueless stooge who may well bring her down).

I don't know how long ago this season was written, but the mirroring of current events is scary; Russians interfering in the workings of the US administration and killing off Russian spies on international soil reads like the news we're seeing all over the shop at the moment.

Also, Saul + Carrie! The reunion we've all been waiting for provides the pivotal moment of the season. I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Damn, just when we were about to see Claire get her kit off..

Advertisement