Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 7 [** Spoilers US Pace **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ya, I'm hoping they let Simeone be captured to see who interrogates her. That, or there has to be an insider to assist in such an easy capture.

have to remember that it's only a tv show! reality has no place here and glossing over will be done to advance the plot!
    the main Russian dude is not going to get his come-uppance 2/3's of the way through the season :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

lukin wrote: »
    So the Russians were able to snatch Simone without a shot being fired or a single person noticing? When Homeland does things like that it really annoys me. I know you have to stretch your imagination when you watch these shows but that was really taking the p###.

Err, they created a decoy at the front and went on the back. Only 2 guards if I recall. Hardly seems far fetched. The only reason they took her was because of threats from the president. Killing Americans would have been counterproductive?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So the Russians were able to snatch Simone without a shot being fired or a single person noticing? When Homeland does things like that it really annoys me. I know you have to stretch your imagination when you watch these shows but that was really taking the p###.

when saul arrived the marshall told him htat they had been drawn out to the front of the house by one of the russians and the other guy went in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

how near to the house was the car? They were told to leave the car and walk the rest of the way. we also dont know how many roads there are leading to the house.

how near to the house was the car? They were told to leave the car and walk the rest of the way. we also dont know how many roads there are leading to the house.

given that it looks like a remote location unlikely that there was more than 1 road in and out tbh. anyways - as said - doesn't really matter - it's tv, not garda patrol or crimewatch or whatever it is now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

when saul arrived the marshall told him htat they had been drawn out to the front of the house by one of the russians and the other guy went in the back.

A witness that could bring down the US government and they have two men guarding here. It was a plotline so ludicrous that the scriptwriters didn't even show her escaping. How could they, it was so daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭political analyst

It's interesting to note that Sandrine Holt's character, Simone Martin, as the same surname as the character Sandrine played in season 5 of 24 (though Simone's surname is pronounced differently because she's French).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭political analyst

To be honest, I was surprised that the Marshals who were guarding Simone were not killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

To be honest, I was surprised that the Marshals who were guarding Simone were not killed.
    To me that was the biggest surprise. Pulled it off without violence. Bit of a change to the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The cars weren't that close, the Russians said they'd do the last bit on foot. But why was she at that safe house in the first place? She wasn't under arrest, or deemed a threat to those keeping her there; she was being sequestered before her testimony to that Congressional committee. Hardly anyone knew who she was or what the plan was, only a few at the highest levels. While there was security, it was organised by the committee, not Saul, and we're not talking Camp David levels of security. Just a couple of US Marshals, no operatives running drones to monitor a perimeter. So I have no problem believing some cars could escape notice as long as they didn't get too close.
    A witness that could bring down the US government and they have two men guarding here. It was a plotline so ludicrous that the scriptwriters didn't even show her escaping. How could they, it was so daft.
    I don't think it's that daft. The physical threat to her was considered low. The Congressional committee did not know about the Russian angle - yes, I recall President Keane said something like that to Paley, but Paley didn't believe her. Also, security like that has to be paid for, and Congressional committees don't have unlimited budgets. Did they imagine Saul was going to have her assassinated? Saul already knew where she was, and he is the National Security Advisor. Had there been a massive security operation protecting Simone, with military units and perimeter surveillance, I would have found that less believable than the low level security she had.

It's going to be fun to see what happens next, if I can avoid spoilers. The most immediate threat to the President was Simone's testimony, and that's not going to happen now. Keane's threats to the Russian Ambassador got the result she wanted, and Simone has been extracted. This may sound a bit cold, but Dante's guilt or innocence seems a bit irrelevant now. It doesn't look like he has much of a part to play any more, except in Carrie's personal story..

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I'm assuming that Paley or other Keane-enemies will think that Keane is responsible for the disappearance of Simone. The fact that Saul & Carrie have almost (or maybe actually) killed an FBI agent won't look good for the administration either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,343 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyable again. I liked the camera angle shortly after Carrie walked out the door and screamed in her car.

Not sure who to trust at all!

Ireland was the weak link into the server lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Brego888

That was a good episode

Except
    the Russian dude shooting his comrade in the stomach (fatally?) to get access to Dante was totally mad / would not happen

No guards outside Dante's room? I mean really, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Was that whole last 5 or 10 minutes a Carrie “dream” / hallucination? Bizzare ending in the hospital....

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Was that whole last 5 or 10 minutes a Carrie “dream” / hallucination? Bizzare ending in the hospital....

Carrie realises yet again that pretty much everyone she fcuks dies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Carrie should have frannie taken away from her, she's not a fit mother at all regardless of her condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

JoeA3 wrote: »
    No, it was all real...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

oh f*** that ending was intense! :eek:

so we know Carrie has bipolar
    we know she's been messing up her med

so off I go to the wikipedia article for Bipolar disorder which has a section on Manic episodes
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder#Manic_episodes
    So I think they've checked all the checkboxes:
    the following behaviors: speak in a rapid, uninterruptible manner, short attention span, racing thoughts, increased goal-oriented activities, agitation, or they may exhibit behaviors characterized as impulsive or high-risk, such as hypersexuality or excessive spending

and that tonight was reaching the extreme:
    At the extreme, manic individuals can experience distorted or delusional beliefs about the universe, hallucinate, hear voices, to the point of psychosis

So that end I think was showing us their interpretation of Psychosis :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis
    Psychosis is an abnormal condition of the mind that results in difficulties telling what is real and what is not. Symptoms may include false beliefs and seeing or hearing things that others do not see or hear. Other symptoms may include incoherent speech and behavior that is inappropriate for the situation. There may also be sleep problems, social withdrawal, lack of motivation, and difficulties carrying out daily activities

I dunno what was real or not.

My guess is that Frannie is ok but that almost crash pushed the mania to the extreme. I think the FBI guy is dead.

F*** though, I was really panicing that they might have killed Frannie. Even with a miracle turnaround, I see no reason why that kid shouldn't be taken away and given to the sister for at least a year.

How they portrayed the scenes afterwards was something. For what it was, they had me on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

isn't the **spoilers** bit of the thread title an indication that the episodes are openly discussed, and you read them if you want, but can't complain if you haven't seen it yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

glasso wrote: »
    Except
    the Russian dude shooting his comrade in the stomach (fatally?) to get access to Dante was totally mad / would not happen

Its somewhat plausible as he's gone rogue.

And yes, can we please drop the spoiler tags. Its in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No need for spoiler tags for episodes that have aired, guys.

Mr E wrote: »
    No need for spoiler tags for episodes that have aired, guys.

I put in a spoiler tag as it aired in US but not over in Europe yet when I had posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

US pace or RTE pace needs to be put in the title so people know where they stand before looking in when it comes to spoilers.

• Advertisement

The stuff that Russian dude is getting away with is a teensy bit far-fetched really. First of all he captures Simone without a bit of trouble and now he kills off Dante and escapes without a trace. Not to mind being able to drive across the US chatting away on his mobile undetected. The US intelligence service isn't very intelligent it would seem.

Advertisement