Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

tap tap tap on the cell bars.

conor jr will be blowing his daddy kisses behind a glass window

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I still dunno and I don’t think I’ll be convinced it’s not a work until he’s actually arrested. The NYPD aren’t commenting on it and it’s a way to keep McGregor in the public conciousness without him fighting, plus you have the eventual redemption story to sell when he does come back.

Cheers for the comments Eddie Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So you think that smashing the windows on a bus containing fighters in the middle of cutting weight is a work?

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised. Tin foil hat time but I could see how he got carried away and it’s being exaggerated.

Either that or he’s just genuinely braindead, which is probably the most likely answer in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

What a role model for young people!!! I never liked the knacker. You wouldn't see Paul O'Connell or Sean Kelly behaving like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

mdwexford wrote: »
    Last night was pretty awful as well.

Let's hope he is. Conor Junior will be so proud watching this back in about 15 years time.

1 lad in 10,000 throwing a rock or small bottle shattering a small window pales in comparison to one man throwing a steel trolley at a bus window from close range with excessive force, smashing it completely when he knew there was a person at the other side.

Lock him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

If anything, I finally know what them wheelie yokes are called :D

What a role model for young people!!! I never liked the knacker. You wouldn't see Paul O'Connell or Sean Kelly behaving like this.

Role model my balls!

He's a dirt bag for all this, and I hope he gets the book thrown at him, but I genuinely hate when people start wheeling out the role model rubbish!

Raise your own kids!

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised. Tin foil hat time but I could see how he got carried away and it’s being exaggerated.

Either that or he’s just genuinely braindead, which is probably the most likely answer in fairness.

Watch the tmz video, he’s going to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I’ve heard rumours that the US can be quite litigious.
    Cheers:D

I'm looking for something a bit more specific though if anyone can give me that.
    Obviously everything being talked about is hypothetical and extreme, but to be able to get back into the US, first of all he'd have to be able to leave the US

I'm not very familiar with US law, but once criminal proceedings are done with I'm sure he'll be free to leave no? And the likelihood is that he'll be out on bail not longer after he turns himself in anyway.

It looks like his career in the US is over anyway, provided it is as bad as people (Dana included) are making it out to be, but I can't see him giving much in the way of compensation - certainly not if it'll bankrupt him.

Brett Okomato: ‘Despite Dana White’s comments about an arrest warrant on McGregor, ABC News reports NYPD is currently investigating the incident and has not issued a warrant yet.’

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/981980651254702081?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭robwen

On sky sports news NYPD say no arrest warrant but they would like to speak to McGregor about an incident

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Rose supposedly very shaken up after it according to discussion on the MMA beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I was half expecting Kurt Angle to pull up in a milk float, watching that footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

rigthly so, she got a steel chair smashed through a window she was behind in an attempt to maim her

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Role model my balls!

He's a dirt bag for all this, and I hope he gets the book thrown at him, but I genuinely hate when people start wheeling out the role model rubbish!

Raise your own kids!

This. I always find it amusing when this happens that people start wondering how he could possibly do this... He's a ****ing thug, that's what he does, he breaks people and hurts people for living, it's why he's good at it.

It's hardly like people expected Tyson to be saint just because he came into the spotlight.

McGregor is McGregor, why are people expecting something different? You get what you see.

Hell, Ali was no saint either.

Stop expecting combat sport stars to be heroes or role models. They're not. The best ones out there are killers generally, the Diaz' and McGregors of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

He’s ruined a few careers for the MAC life guys and potentially Artem.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dana just goes after anyone associated with Conor, you can’t really hurt Conor because he’s got too much money but anyone associated with him is in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Chiesa got cut up and is in hospital. Dana mentioned other injuries.

Based on that TMZ video alone he will be doing time in a US jail and face humongous lawsuits from Chiesa and UFC alone.

He seriously could have blinded or killed Chiesa. See the force he threw that steel trolley. It’s gone from hilarious to tragic to downright disturbing and scary with each new video.

From the TMZ video it's clearly shows Cian Crowley throw something through a window also....why are you so convinced it's McGregor who caused any injury

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

**** sakes Conor what are you playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I was half expecting Kurt Angle to pull up in a milk float, watching that footage.

Haha yeah thats the level were at. UFC loving this. Global free promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Cheers:D

I'm looking for something a bit more specific though if anyone can give me that.

I'm not very familiar with US law, but once criminal proceedings are done with I'm sure he'll be free to leave no? And the likelihood is that he'll be out on bail not longer after he turns himself in anyway.

It looks like his career in the US is over anyway, provided it is as bad as people (Dana included) are making it out to be, but I can't see him giving much in the way of compensation - certainly not if it'll bankrupt him.

And if he's convicted and jailed as a result of those criminal proceedings? Who knows what way this will go but if the NYPD arrest him as reported and there's a prosecutor looking to make a name for themselves, he will be charged. Any bail would require him to surrender his passport.

• Advertisement

Well John Cena is looking for a fight this weekend.

sonofenoch wrote: »
    From the TMZ video it's clearly shows Cian Crowley throw something through a window also....why are you so convinced it's McGregor who caused any injury

Because McGregor clearly throws the trolley that completely smashed the big window. The later one by Crowley just cracks the window. It doesn’t take a genius to work out who’s guilty of causing the cuts.

And if he's convicted and jailed as a result of those criminal proceedings? Who knows what way this will go but if the NYPD arrest him as reported and there's a prosecutor looking to make a name for themselves, he will be charged. Any bail would require him to surrender his passport.

what we need now is a freeway police chase with tv helicopters a la OJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Brett Okomato: ‘Despite Dana White’s comments about an arrest warrant on McGregor, ABC News reports NYPD is currently investigating the incident and has not issued a warrant yet.’

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/981980651254702081?s=21

Yeah see this is something I was thinking about - why would Dana come out and say there's an arrest warrant for McGregor before the NYPD say anything. He wouldn't actually know. And they'd surely be still investigating footage to ensure he actually did anything or not, or was it one of his goons.

For me, I think Dana is delighted to have a bit more leverage behind the negotiating table with Conor, which is undoubtedly the cause of no fight agreements. Statements like 'Conor has made a very bad career move', and 'there's an arrest warrant out for Conor McGregor'.

Sorry, I'm a total cynic, but I feel Dana is a shrewd business man and knows exactly what he's doing by sitting infront of the next available camera to release a statement on stuff that details are still emerging on and putting a pretty damning bunch of comments on someone that's on their roster when usually he'll say things are being looked into yada yada.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

When he ends up in court oer this (which he no doubt will), I hope the book is thrown so hard that it gives him a concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You can see the dolly smash the window from the inside and Chiesa seems dazed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

glasso wrote: »
    what we need now is a freeway police chase with tv helicopters a la OJ.

I just want to see Charlie charge head on at some cops and trip himself up before they even have a chance to shoot him.

The state of Cowley as well. These lads are absolutely laughable.

The Nal wrote: »
    Haha yeah thats the level were at. UFC loving this. Global free promotion.

Much like the "role model" rubbish, there's always a percentage who will wheel out the "free publicity" nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Sorry but that's a stupid comment..

Conor smashes a window that Chiesa was sitting behind, causing an injury, which is fairly plain as day in the video.

Cowley throws a chair (I think) at the front window and puts a small hole in it.
    He may or may not have injured the baldy fella that was near where it hit, that's not clear. Unlike Chiesa's window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

.ak wrote: »
    This. I always find it amusing when this happens that people start wondering how he could possibly do this... He's a ****ing thug, that's what he does, he breaks people and hurts people for living, it's why he's good at it.

Why didn't he take the fight then? UFC would have loved it.
    He's probably snorted a load of his money which is why he's acting odd & spent it on his clingons who accompany him everywhere like stray cats.
    Don't expect him to be a role model but looks like he let the very lucrative glorified exhibition fight with Mayweather go to his head along with other things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement