Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Completely lost me as any sort of fan after this.

He was becoming less funny and more of a dick the more money and hype he got but this is the behaviour of criminal thugs.

They put fighters, security and regular staff in danger here. Bananas carry on and I hope they are all prosecuted and sued to the fullest extent of the law.

It's comparable to the Man City bus incident last night. Just because we know who some of them are should give them no special treatment.

Supposed to be professional athletes. Christ, embarrassing scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

.ak wrote: »
    There's something really puzzling about this. Surely you keep your mouth shut here? Does he not realise he's opening up the UFC to being sued also?

Even stronger comments here:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/981982450900488192

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Hhaha just noticed that little ginger gerbil running around in the middle of it all taking pictures. How pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hhaha just noticed that little ginger gerbil running around in the middle of it all taking pictures. How pathetic

His camera will do nicely for evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Conors "entourage" are literally the worst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Can’t argue with any of that, fair play to Dana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Jesus.

I wonder if UFC could sue McGregor for breach of contract due to gross misconduct and go after him for loss of earnings too??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Conors "entourage" are literally the worst

No, Toby is just the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

mdwexford wrote: »
    It's comparable to the Man City bus incident last night. .

Comparable?! It’s way worse! He threw a steel fvcking trolley through a glass window in a bus!! He’s going to jail and is gonna be sued to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,153 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hopefully he gets cleaned out by lawsuits, wonder will he be so cocky when collecting the dole

Yes he will. He was drawing the dole 4 years ago and was just as cocky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

.ak, is it all still gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hopefully he gets cleaned out by lawsuits, wonder will he be so cocky when collecting the dole

Not very clear here how this is going to happen though, anyone is??

I mean, what is he going to get sued for? I get why he'll be arrested and whatnot, but who other than Michael Cheisa can actually sue McGregor (provided he's the only one injured)? And McGregor, not his mates.

Also, what sort of payout do people normally get in instances like this? Will he be subjected to heavier fines than the average person (I'm thinking not).

And also, how can they force him to show up for non-criminal proceedings? And if they get that far, McGregor can surely just not pay?

I get that he wouldn't be able to return to the States, but if he's gonna get cleaned out why would he bother?

And by the way, I'm literally just thinking out loud. I haven't got a clue of any of those answers in case you think I'm trying to make a point or something.

I used to be a big fan of his up until sometime in between the Aldo and Alvarez fights. Any fondness for the man has completely dwindled in the past year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Comparable?! It’s way worse! He threw a steel fvcking trolley through a glass window in a bus!! He’s going to jail and is gonna be sued to bits.

If people are injured (it seems they are), he’s fooked

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

was that dee in the bunch of thugs ??

Poll on whether or not he'll wear a tracksuit to his US court appearance? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Not very clear here how this is going to happen though, anyone is??

I mean, what is he going to get sued for? I get why he'll be arrested and whatnot, but who other than Michael Cheisa can actually sue McGregor (provided he's the only one injured)? And McGregor, not his mates.

Also, what sort of payout do people normally get in instances like this? Will he be subjected to heavier fines than the average person (I'm thinking not).

And also, how can they force him to show up for non-criminal proceedings? And if they get that far, McGregor can surely just not pay?

I get that he wouldn't be able to return to the States, but if he's gonna get cleaned out why would he bother?

I used to be a big fan of his up until sometime in between the Aldo and Alvarez fights. Any fondness for the man has completely dwindled in the past year or so.

I’ve heard rumours that the US can be quite litigious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

was that dee in the bunch of thugs ??

I don't think so

Harsh blaming Andrew McGahon too much. I mean how do you say no to 20 scumbags off their tits on coke, especially when one is McGregor. I'd do whatever they asked tbf. He's not a security guard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FINALLY Conor will be off to WWE.

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

.ak wrote: »
    There's something really puzzling about this. Surely you keep your mouth shut here? Does he not realise he's opening up the UFC to being sued also?

Whats dana supposed to do. If you have a cancer cut it out. Ufc should cut ties with him. Sponsors could pull out not wanted to be assiosted with scummy behaviour like that... but i suppose mcgregor fanboys will blame everyone except conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Last night was pretty awful as well.

Let's hope he is. Conor Junior will be so proud watching this back in about 15 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

.ak, is it all still gas?

Yeah. The whole situation is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Obviously everything being talked about is hypothetical and extreme, but to be able to get back into the US, first of all he'd have to be able to leave the US

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I still dunno and I don’t think I’ll be convinced it’s not a work until he’s actually arrested. The NYPD aren’t commenting on it and it’s a way to keep McGregor in the public conciousness without him fighting, plus you have the eventual redemption story to sell when he does come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If people are injured (it seems they are), he’s fooked

Chiesa got cut up and is in hospital. Dana mentioned other injuries.

Based on that TMZ video alone he will be doing time in a US jail and face humongous lawsuits from Chiesa and UFC alone.

He seriously could have blinded or killed Chiesa. See the force he threw that steel trolley. It’s gone from hilarious to tragic to downright disturbing and scary with each new video.

I still dunno and I don’t think I’ll be convinced it’s not a work until he’s actually arrested. The NYPD aren’t commenting on it and it’s a way to keep McGregor in the public conciousness without him fighting, plus you have the eventual redemption story to sell when he does come back.

Seriously?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Kind of embarrassed that I was ever a fan of his. Funking hard that he becomes a broke jailbird now.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

So you think that smashing the windows on a bus containing fighters in the middle of cutting weight is a work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

So you think that smashing the windows on a bus containing fighters in the middle of cutting weight is a work?

CGI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

dave1982 wrote: »
    Whats dana supposed to do. If you have a cancer cut it out. Ufc should cut ties with him. Sponsors could pull out not wanted to be assiosted with scummy behaviour like that... but i suppose mcgregor fanboys will blame everyone except conor

Hmm... I'm not sure the metrics support the 'cancer' analogy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement