Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

.ak wrote: »

I also think UFC will be doing EVERYTHING in their power to ensure McGregor isn't charged.

I wouldn't bank on it. Dana was livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Start of Dana video: Conor and 20thugs

End of Dana video: 30 thugs

Conor = 10 thugs which is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone else think it's really naive of Dana making any sort of public comments on this right now? I know he's not one for subtlety but I'd be waiting until the dust settles on this one to make any public comments that would put UFC in a legally difficult place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Yea and there comes a stage where he has to think longer term, McGregors only worth protecting when he’s making money.

Could he the point where they weigh up how likely they are to get money out of him again vs very damaging behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The timing and manner in which this was all carried out makes me skeptical. What a bizarre thing to do either way.

• Advertisement

Clearly. But at the end of the day cash is king.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dana chill out in a day or two and spin the blame onto his entourage rather than Conor himself.

If Conor is arrested and charged and loses the ability to fight in the US that's a massive amount of money gone down the drain for the UFC. They'll be getting onto the all the lawyers money can buy right now to try and spin this as the it was one of his crew that caused damage and not Conor himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

What if connor gets cut? Has an 'mma' match with mayweather. Pockets another 100 mil. Thanks for the cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

andrew murray and charlie ward can't fly commercial due to drug distribution charges

delighted that this is the end of mcgahon's and lobov's careers. sbg will struggle to get anyone into ufc anymore.

the only thing conor will be tapping on soon is the bars of a new york prison cell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Oh the horror of it all....can we not get back to the thrill of watching 2 men beat each other to a bloody pulp :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yeah they'll lose money but they'd survive without him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Did McGahon let them in?

I always liked him and the interviews he did so fell bad if he's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Jon Jones crashes into a pregnant lady on a drug binge and still headlined a PPV after

Conor could still fight again but it will be a whole load more drama to make it happen

Throw them into Rikers for the weekend

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/jmurphy/conor-jail-hes-done-horrifying-details-emerge-conor-mcgregor-chaos-new-york/
    A source has told me a tha Dana White turned up at the scene and said.... "Conor is in jail, he's done"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

All of this because Artem bad mouthed Khabib on Russian TV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Jon Jones crashes into a pregnant lady on a drug binge and still headlined a PPV after

Conor could still fight again but it will be a whole load more drama to make it happen

McGregor has probably put chiesa out of his fight. Rose probably won't fancy fighting after that. It's all money out of the ufc pocket. Plus this kind of public thuggery is really frowned upon in the states. He'd get more public support if he shot someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

threeball wrote: »
    McGregor has probably put chiesa out of his fight. Rose probably won't fancy fighting after that. It's all money out of the ufc pocket. Plus this kind of public thuggery is really frowned upon in the states. He'd get more public support if he shot someone.

How is it money out of the UFCs pocket? Do you think.people are gonna demand refunds on their PPVs?

This creates a mountain of social media attention. Dana White couldn't give a fudge

There's something really puzzling about this. Surely you keep your mouth shut here? Does he not realise he's opening up the UFC to being sued also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

WWE being out WWE'd during their biggest week. He runs the fighting game AND the wrestling game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

JJayoo wrote: »
    How is it money out of the UFCs pocket? Do you think.people are gonna demand refunds on their PPVs?

This creates a mountain of social media attention. Dana White couldn't give a fudge

Lots of people don't buy until day off. One title fight in jeopardy plus the additional security measures the ufc will have to put in place in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

:( this is where i step off the train! Someone get me my coat...

Sooo sooo ****ing dissapointing... What in the actual **** :(

Hope all the other fighters are ok! Hate to say this but I hope he gets his license revoked and is barred from coming back to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He’s a danger to himself and others at this stage. Off the rails and needing jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Off the ball reported that
    Nypd have a warrant to arrest Conor
    His flight is grounded
    He may well turn himself in
    UFC are extremely hostile toward him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Deport him and ban him for visa wanker. Ufc won't be able to use him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/05/conor-mcgregor-ufc-attack-bus/

great videos

is that dee

cian crowley up to no good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Hopefully he gets cleaned out by lawsuits, wonder will he be so cocky when collecting the dole

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement