Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Seriously. **** Conor McGregor. What an absolute scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Apparently Dana is gonna strip him of his warrant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Artem is responsible for his own behaviour, so are the other guys

they all seem to have got carried away, where the hell was Conors manager? If they had planned something like this they should have planned it much better.

Oh please have a bit of cop on. Every last one of them is a lackey who does what they're told so they can keep feeding on that sweet McGregor tit. They do what he tells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

You can take the man out of Crumlin but you can't take the Crumlin out of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Soulds like McGahan was the mastermind at the doors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

bur wrote: »
    in what way?

Well the UFC are open to be sued anyway. It happened to their staff, at their event, which clearly didn't have appropriate security.

Now would the likes of the guy who got cut and Rose sue? I doubt it. If they want to keep their careers that is. But the UFC are definitely liable here.

little did Michael Chiesa know when he woke up this morning that he would get his biggest payday just by sitting on a bus when McGregor launches a trolley into the window, cutting him up and handing him a multi-million lawsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Word is things with Artem and Kahbib got reallt. out of hand with the russian ringing and treathing Artem he had to leave the UFC hotel last night ,
    So Conor and his crew.areived today and went to confront them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The amount saying Conor and crew are on drugs is laughable. Absolutly no evidence. I'll be surprised if the mods don't give a stern warning over such comments.

Suggested on the MMA Beat by the lads, why shouldn't use of substances be ruled out!? certainly has hallmarks of it. Suggesting Conor is coked out of it isn't fighter bashing it's all relevant reaction to as to why has he carried on like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

His Maltesers comment and other racist stuff might come back to bite him when he's locked up. Good fighter as he is, doubt he'll stack up too well against big bubba when he's in the slammer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Oh please have a bit of cop on. Every last one of them is a lackey who does what they're told so they can keep feeding on that sweet McGregor tit. They do what he tells them.
    and how does that not make them responsible for their own behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Yeah because f%cking bins at bus windows is the behaviour of a man clear headed and sober. Cop yourself on.

I smashed up the office today because my mouse wouldn't work, I didn't take any drugs??

Sure i'll just fly over to the states there, a country with the tightest security in the world and bring my kilos with me.

Or quick lads can we grab 5 bags on the way to the center.

No proof of any of this. You need to cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tinpib

Now that's a good, witty joke.

Yep, top drawer stuff. Fair play Markcahill1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Honestly this is seriously worrying as far as future fights go. Reckon Conor's finished or will be suspended for a long, long time - certainly I'm now seriously doubting whether we'll see him in the Octagon before the end of 2018. Is this an overreaction or are others worried too?

Yeah because f%cking bins at bus windows is the behaviour of a man clear headed and sober. Cop yourself on.

Ah jaysus, you've clearly never met the lads from from the various estates around Dublin. They don't need any encouragement for that.

Honestly, he could've been on something, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. The lads want to be OG, want to look like a posse who can get away with anything. McGregor's done this sort of stuff completely sober without thinking twice, he thinks it's a gang war between him and Khabib and not pulling the trigger on something like this would show weakness.

That's the mindset, there doesn't need to be drugs involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

tinpib wrote: »
    Yep, top drawer stuff. Fair play Markcahill1985.

Pity it was robbed from twitter :p

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I smashed up the office today because my mouse wouldn't work, I didn't take any drugs??

Sure i'll just fly over to the states there, a country with the tightest security in the world and bring my kilos with me.

Smashed up the office because your mouse wouldn't work? You definitely sound like a McGregor fan alright.

Or you know they could just send a text ahead. Not like coke is hard to get in NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Artem is responsible for his own behaviour, so are the other guys

they all seem to have got carried away, where the hell was Conors manager? If they had planned something like this they should have planned it much better.
    My first point is related to the 2nd point. The best way to punish Conor is to go after his mates who can’t afford to lose out on cash like Conor can.

Suggested on the MMA Beat by the lads, why shouldn't use of substances be ruled out!? certainly has hallmarks of it. Suggesting Conor is coked out of it isn't fighter bashing it's all relevant reaction to as to why has he carried on like this.

Suggesting it is libellous however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Smashed up the office because your mouse wouldn't work? You definitely sound like a McGregor fan alright.

Or you know they could just send a text ahead. Not like coke is hard to get in NYC.

Doesn't matter if I'm a fan or not? You've no proof he or anyone there is on drugs.

His Maltesers comment and other racist stuff might come back to bite him when he's locked up. Good fighter as he is, doubt he'll stack up too well against big bubba when he's in the slammer.

Oh, the irony...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tinpib

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Pity it was robbed from twitter :p

Well it's still real to me, damnit!!

Doesn't matter if I'm a fan or not? You've no proof he or anyone there is on drugs.

I believe it's likely.

Though what .ak said earlier actually makes sense. He's just a thug and doesn't actually need to be off his head to behave like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Was there a woman part of Mcgregor's entourage?

.ak wrote: »
    Oh, the irony...

Where's the irony. You inferred big bubba was black. I actually had envisaged big bubba as being a large white man who hates prejudice in all its forms.

Honestly this is seriously worrying as far as future fights go. Reckon Conor's finished or will be suspended for a long, long time - certainly I'm now seriously doubting whether we'll see him in the Octagon before the end of 2018. Is this an overreaction or are others worried too?

Depends on whether or not he's arrested. I've just seen the footage of him putting the trolly through the window. That's fairly clear cut, but if that's not the one that injures your man then he might not get arrested and charged if UFC own the bus.

If he's not charged, I reckon a suspension is coming and that'll help them negotiate a fight in late 2018 or early 2019.

If he's arrested and banned from entering the US ever again the UFC won't really have a choice but to drop him. My feeling is right now the company still need him more than he needs them, but they'd love to even that up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If you genuinely have to ask this question, you haven't been paying enough attention to the sport, to Conor or to the UFC for any significant time

While I haven't watched every card recently mainly cause there are too many to watch resulting in big fights being spread anemically thin so many events just mean nothing but fulfilling a date in the calendar for UFC.
    Conor vs Khabib couldn't have been done on short notice cause McGregor hasn't been in camp yet seemed to want to remain lightweight champion enough to fly to America to chuck around bins like a late 90's wrestling show. He could have figured out that a fight called off 4 times may be cancelled again, short notice yeah but if he wants to Khabib that bad....one the buisiness side for him one of his most lucrative ufc fights was done on 10 days notice vs Diaz. He had no real history with nate but a callout either.
    Despite the pay issues with ufc I am confident he'll fight this year for them.

Where's the irony. You inferred big bubba was black. I actually had envisaged big bubba as being a large white man who hates prejudice in all its forms.

Okay. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Some of his mates are quite well accustomed to getting powders across borders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement