Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Blanco100 wrote:
    You can tell feck all people in here actually competed with all the emphasis they put on who wins the press conference.

Blanco100 wrote:
    Same sh*te tomorrow, "oh khabib out manoeuvred him in the stare down". Its all garbage.

Conors mental game was a HUGE part in him beating both aldo and Alvarez. Alvarez even admitted as much.

You'd wonder if McGregor is gonna keep rocking the two belts even if he gets bate on Saturday..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

froog wrote: »
    Conors mental game was a HUGE part in him beating both aldo and Alvarez. Alvarez even admitted as much.

Here's an image that says a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You'd wonder if McGregor is gonna keep rocking the two belts even if he gets bate on Saturday..

do you even compete bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Here's an image that says a lot

That's a mad difference in size looking back.

Mcgregor the smaller man this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Eddie Alvarez is a very limited fighter who Connor beats 100 times out of 100.

Does Alvarez fare better if McGregor talks less ****e in the press conference.

Absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The Khabib who thanked all the fans for coming, said see ya later and bounced calmly was all riled up?

People project all sorts fo ****e into this stuff.

You haven't a clue if that's what you saw.

He was clearly agitated and did not want to be there. He hated getting grilled up there on his own.

You need to take off those McGregor hatred goggles for a few seconds once every so often.

Blanco100 wrote: »

Absolutely not.

Do very limited fighters usually become world champions in the two biggest organisations in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Blanco100 wrote: »

Absolutely not.

Lol

The Khabib who thanked all the fans for coming, said see ya later and bounced calmly was all riled up?

People project all sorts fo ****e into this stuff.

exactly. couldn't be arsed waiting for dags snatch McGregor to be all cool turning up deliberately late (which is totally lame) and why would he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Cut the bull. Kabib is spooked. I have never seen Conor more relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭xtal191

Catching up on Embedded EP 4. Who's the English bellend McGregor lookalike having a fake go at Khabib during his workout?!

Havent it watched yet it but was it this twat whos at all his fights? Think he's Aussie

maxresdefault.jpg

jo0skX3.jpg

watch-a-mcgregor-lookalike-asked-conor-if-hell-learn-portugese-to-taunt-aldo-in-the-octagon.jpg

^^^Thats way more tragic than the lads jumping around the gym the other day..

Cut the bull. Kabib is spooked. I have never seen Conor more relaxed.

bs. Khabib was chilled. annoyed yes that McGregor was acting the arse being late and all etc and just said feck this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Khabib is weight cutting of course he is gonna find it annoying to have to go to a press conference.

glasso wrote: »
    exactly. couldn't be arsed waiting for dags snatch McGregor to be all cool turning up deliberately late (which is totally lame) and why would he.
    bs. Khabib was chilled. annoyed yes that McGregor was acting the arse being late and all etc and just said feck this.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
    He was about as chilled as a man on fire, in the desert.

It's so bizarre the way the McGregor haters can't look at anything involving him objectively.

It's obviously a sign of stupidity but I've never seen a sports person that can create that kind of mentalness in people.

mdwexford wrote: »
    You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
    He was about as chilled as a man on fire, in the desert.

It's so bizarre the way the McGregor haters can't look at anything involving him objectively.

It's obviously a sign of stupidity but I've never seen a sports person that can create that kind of mentalness in people.

mmm.... almost as bad as the mcnut-huggers but not anywhere near that level of deluded attempted rationalisations for his erratic actions (outside the ring and pressers) really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

xtal191 wrote: »
    Always does a good breakdown

Good stuff, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Anyone know how to get the fight on the virgin media platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Fair play to Conor, he talks the talk and walks the walk.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

One funny moment in the presser I thought was when Dana gave a little pumped speech about how Conor was back! And then the camera panned out showing the empty chair beside him :p

As for Khabib, I like him and hope they both shake hands after the fight, no matter the result, but I do think he was agitated there tonight. Good example of that was when one journo asked him did he think McGrgeor being late was disrespectful and he replied that he wasn't even thinking about him and then five minutes later he highlighted the fact that McGrgeor was 15 minutes late and how disrespectful it was.

I'd say he's finding the weight cut tough. Just didn't look anywhere near as chilled as he did at the first presser. Understandable though.

mmm.... almost as bad as the mcnut-huggers but not anywhere near that level of deluded attempted rationalisations for his erratic actions (outside the ring and pressers) really.

Using those terms makes you fall into the stupid category I mentioned earlier.

Any sensible person I know was horrified by the bus incident and thought it was insanity and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,125 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    There is a chance Conor has a plan to elbow his head off against the fence as well. Khabib goes and stays very low in there against the cage, Conor might fancy doing damage there, very risky though.
    I doubt he's purposely bait it, but if he's in there he absolutely hits those elbows the minute that appear.
    i4ZNAD1.gifv
    Is there any truth behind Khabib's accusations about Conor's grandfather? Not sure where he pulled that one from.
    It's true he was in the British Navy, it wasn't a secret either.
    But the killing Irish people part is nonsense. When do people think the navy where killing people. His grandfather would have been in the Navy in the 1970s or so. Not the 1916 rising.
    As for Khabib, I like him and hope they both shake hands after the fight, no matter the result, but I do think he was agitated there tonight. Good example of that was when one journo asked him did he think McGrgeor being late was disrespectful and he replied that he wasn't even thinking about him and then five minutes later he highlighted the fact that McGrgeor was 15 minutes late and how disrespectful it was.

I'd say he's finding the weight cut tough. Just didn't look anywhere near as chilled as he did at the first presser. Understandable though.

Agreed. He was agitated, and understandable. Weight cutting is a bitch.
    It doesn't necessarily mean McGregor is camped out in his head, but regardless of the reason, it's not the perfect headspace to be at this stage. His father getting his visa denied (or revoked) during fight week isn't ideal either.

I don't believe he won't shake his hand afterwards. He is smart and knows that this is part of the game. I doubt he takes the promo stuff to heart. I hope not anyway, as that's getting into Brimage/Poirier/Aldo territory.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Using those terms makes you fall into the stupid category I mentioned earlier.

Any sensible person I know was horrified by the bus incident and thought it was insanity and disgusting.

that is just a term for a mcgregor fanboy (although pejorative) - standard term.

there were plenty defending him and now it seems to be "cool" for many to go with the mcgregor "funny" line that Khabib was a coward for staying on the bus as espoused by him in the last few weeks.

if you actually were disgusted and deemed him insane then you're a hypocrite for still backing him.

calling me stupid in that light just reflects that on yourself.

that is just a term for a mcgregor fanboy (although pejorative) - standard term.
    That's his point, labelled anybody who's supports Conor in the slightest a fanboy, nuthugger etc, just makes you look like a fanboy on the opposite side.

There are fanboys on both sides of this fight. With more coming out of the woodwork every day. Both sides are as bad as each other with their nonsense.
    But there's a whole host reasonable posters in the middle ground drowned out by the noise.

Mellor wrote: »
    That's his point, labelled anybody who's supports Conor in the slightest a fanboy, nuthugger etc, just makes you look like a fanboy on the opposite side.

There are fanboys on both sides of this fight. With more coming out of the woodwork every day. Both sides are as bad as each other with their nonsense.
    But there's a whole host reasonable posters in the middle ground drowned out by the noise.

no, his only point was to try to attack the fact that I used that term. that's all.

'cos that was the only point he could make.

no, his only point was to try to attack the fact that I used that term. that's all.

'cos that was the only point he could make.
    You entire point was "as bad as the mcnut-huggers".
    Not exactly much scope for a sophisticated retort, is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Who the hell are the Jameson brothers? Jameson was founded by one guy and his son, and it's not a family business anymore - it's owned by some French company now.

One funny moment in the presser I thought was when Dana gave a little pumped speech about how Conor was back! And then the camera panned out showing the empty chair beside him :p

I don't see this happening from either fighter IMO
    I genuinely think they hate each other after all the **** that went down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Standman wrote: »
    Who the hell are the Jameson brothers? Jameson was founded by one guy and his son, and it's not a family business anymore - it's owned by some French company now.

Absolutely! It's factually incorrect!!

And mostly a joke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement