Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

sonofenoch wrote: »
    BT sport must be showing the presser tonight ......UFC main event listed at 2300 on BT2

Its a replay of conors win at 189 and its 11.30 on bt3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

After looking at a few videos it's hard to pass on Conors comments on how flat footed khabib is. It plays perfect for Conor. I see Conor coming in with a knee you wouldn't give to your mother in law at one of khabibs take down attempts. I think that there will be allot of clinching on the fence and Conor will punish him when they break up. Predicting Conor TKO in the second.

There is a chance Conor has a plan to elbow his head off against the fence as well. Khabib goes and stays very low in there against the cage, Conor might fancy doing damage there, very risky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I might be locked now.. but I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

haha Roddy. "There's the neighbours out n' all. GET IN. SKETCH!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Is there any truth behind Khabib's accusations about Conor's grandfather? Not sure where he pulled that one from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Im not sure when they moved to ireland but they are scottish orginally so if his grandfather grew up in scotland he probably was in british navy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Supposedly he was in the Merchant Navy, so certainly not doing any killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

is this the article that mentions the grand father ref. https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/like-father-like-son-meet-tony-mcgregor-dad-of-the-notorious-ufc-star-conor-34803633.html
    It has October 4th Date on it but the article says Conor is 27 in it so maybe it was originally printed in 3 years ago. So not sure when it was officially printed.

Is there any truth behind Khabib's accusations about Conor's grandfather? Not sure where he pulled that one from.

Sure half the country has ancestors that were in the British army at one point or another

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dave1982 wrote: »
    Im not sure when they moved to ireland but they are scottish orginally so if his grandfather grew up in scotland he probably was in british navy

His grandfather was an Irish man who served in the British navy and married a woman from Liverpool. The name is Scottish but there's been McGregor's in Ireland since the plantations of Laois-Offaly and Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

His grandfather was an Irish man who served in the British navy and married a woman from Liverpool. The name is Scottish but there's been McGregor's in Ireland since the plantations of Laois-Offaly and Ulster.

Says in the article quoted above that he was merchant navy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

What is with the McGregor's and Liverpool girls? :P

cliggg wrote: »
    What is with the McGregor's and Liverpool girls? :P

Them scouse girls are up for some naughty sh!t :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

If it's true any Irish man cheering for Mcgregor should be ashamed of themselves. The soup taking goons.

BoneIdol wrote: »
    If it's true any Irish man cheering for Mcgregor should be ashamed of themselves. The soup taking goons.

You saw Black47 recently I take it? It was alright, very overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Tony brought his Lightweight belt to the face offs. There are 3 different Lightweight belts this week. They should make the main a triple threat match, winner take all.

Embedded 4

Sure half the country has ancestors that were in the British army at one point or another

Not too sure about that to be honest. Also it's not exactly ancestors when it's his father's father. It wasn't all that long ago.

You saw Black47 recently I take it? It was alright, very overrated.

Yeah. The soup accusation was the best bit in fairness.

Not too sure about that to be honest. Also it's not exactly ancestors when it's his father's father. It wasn't all that long ago.

A massive amout of the Irish population will be related to someone who served with the British Forces in WW1 or WW2.

Are we really going to hate on Conor cause his grandad sailed around with the British for a while in his 20s ?:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: hahahhah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Seemingly loads of bets on khabib to win the last day or so

A massive amout of the Irish population will be related to someone who served with the British Forces in WW1 or WW2.

Are we really going to hate on Conor cause his grandad sailed around with the British for a while in his 20s ?:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: hahahhah

Again I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Not saying you're wrong as such but I don't know many people with relations who fought for the British Armed Forces.

Also there is no hatred towards Conor or his family in any of my posts. Just questioning the legitimacy of Khabib's claims really.

My only opinion on it is McGregor's previous claims about fighting the British. I think it's clear that Khabib has in turn done his research and it'll surely come up in the presser tonight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cliggg wrote: »
    Tony brought his Lightweight belt to the face offs. There are 3 different Lightweight belts this week. They should make the main a triple threat match, winner take all.

Embedded 4

Pettis should bring his belts as well.

Again I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Not saying you're wrong as such but I don't know many people with relations who fought for the British Armed Forces.

Also there is no hatred towards Conor or his family in any of my posts. Just questioning the legitimacy of Khabib's claims really.

My only opinion on it is McGregor's previous claims about fighting the British. I think it's clear that Khabib has in turn done his research and it'll surely come up in the presser tonight.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/irish-soldiers-in-the-first-world-war-who-where-and-how-many-1.1884022
    At least 200k Irish people served between WW1 and WW2. In a country of 4 million people that would mean a huge amount of people have a relative that served.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/irish-soldiers-in-the-first-world-war-who-where-and-how-many-1.1884022
    At least 200k Irish people served between WW1 and WW2. In a country of 4 million people that would mean a huge amount of people have a relative that served.

You're assuming all our ancestors are from Dublin. Either way considering McGregors absolutely bizarre interpretation of Russian history in last weeks presser I hope Khabib has an equally insane take on McGregors familial roots. For the craic. Nobody is taking any of this ****e seriously like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What channel is the presser on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

BT sometimes show them? If not, youtube.com/ufc for free and in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,580 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I think my great grandad went to England once...and paid VAT on what he bought there. He practically funded the Queen and, let's face it the Black and Tans.

I think my great grandad went to England once...and paid VAT on what he bought there. He practically funded the Queen and, let's face it the Black and Tans.

My great grandad only ordered off amazon.de. A true patriot.

• Advertisement

BoneIdol wrote: »
    You're assuming all our ancestors are from Dublin. Either way considering McGregors absolutely bizarre interpretation of Russian history in last weeks presser I hope Khabib has an equally insane take on McGregors familial roots. For the craic. Nobody is taking any of this ****e seriously like?

There is people living outside Dublin? Someone should alert the politicians :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement