Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JJayoo wrote: »
    I'm assuming he meant a 166 lb guy with 10% body fat can cut more water than a 166lb guy with 20% bodyfat.

So it would be true to say a leaner guy can cut more water if both guys were the same weight/height.

Yeah this is what I meant. Although, yourdeadwright is technically correct which is the best type of correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Ush1 wrote: »
    I was cringing for Khabib there. They were like a group of software dev nerds shouting and acting hard.

something, something 72 virgins

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mellor wrote: »
    Could mean low bodyfat too. Yoel struggles because he's huge to begin with.

11lbs isnt a lot to lose 4 days out. For comparison, he was 164lbs on the Wednesday for the Barboza fight.

On the TJ - Cody Garbrandt card there was guys fighting at 125 who weighed nearly 20 lbs more in the cage. Assuming he is 166lbs, it's definitely doable for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mellor wrote: »
    Could mean low bodyfat too. Yoel struggles because he's huge to begin with.

11lbs isnt a lot  to lose 4 days out. For comparison, he was 164lbs on the Wednesday for the Barboza fight.

On the TJ - Cody Garbrandt card there was guys fighting at 125 who weighed nearly 20 lbs more in the cage. Assuming he is 166lbs, it's definitely doable for him.
    Fingers crossed its not a issue, its a fight I think we all wana see happen ,
    I'll be going to bed Saturday with the phone turned off so no one ruins it for me , Love watching the the next morning with a nice breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

cliggg wrote: »
    Alternative stats for the fight, for nerds like me who like things like this
    https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/2/17927186/ufc-229-khabib-nurmagomedov-conor-mcgregor-alternative-statistics-mma-editorial

2 videos showing all of Conor's wrestling in the UFC I haven't watched them yet.

I'm expecting the fight with Khabib to be similar to the Mendes fight but with a different outcome.
    The clips vs Diaz are pointless when Nate is constantly pulling guard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I think Khabib showing up on the first Embedded with bruises on his face and with his fan army (wearing Allah Akbar t-shirts) gives McGregor the win from the mind games already. He's three steps ahead of him. He's just been an Irish guy all this time, against an opponent so formidable any MMA fan can get behind. But now a few days out it seems like any neutral will be against a devout Muslim fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Days away now......surely time for the late arrival to get Conor in true fighting shape.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Ido Portal

(Still can't believe this guy was in Conors corner for a fight)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

I think Khabib showing up on the first Embedded with bruises on his face and with his fan army (wearing Allah Akbar t-shirts) gives McGregor the win from the mind games already. He's three steps ahead of him. He's just been an Irish guy all this time, against an opponent so formidable any MMA fan can get behind. But now a few days out it seems like any neutral will be against a devout Muslim fighter.

Pretty pathetic if someone chooses to like or dislike someone cause of their beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Troll failure

Please try again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

xtal191 wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic if someone chooses to like or dislike someone cause of their beliefs

You've heard of a place called the USA right? It's where the UFC is from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I was cringing for Khabib there. They were like a group of software dev nerds shouting and acting hard.

To be fair, it's no more cringe inducing than the legion of Conor fans having the banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

To be fair, it's no more cringe inducing than the legion of Conor fans having the banter.
    Never in a million years, the Conor fans are at least  organic, that stuff is just cheese on toast cringe man,
    its American fans for you there just cringe in everything, YouTube American soccer fans you have to watch it through your fingers its that cringe worthy ,

Never in a million years, the Conor fans are at least  organic, that stuff is just cheese on toast cringe man,
    its American fans for you there just cringe in everything, YouTube American soccer fans you have to watch it through your fingers its that cringe worthy ,

Ah, the Conor fans are just as cringe..they just lack the self awareness to realize..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ah, the Conor fans are just as cringe..they just lack the self awareness to realize..

Approx 99% of the McG fans I know view him as a drinking session, the fights are on at 5am and a few pubs will stay open to show it so the drinking/party goes on.

The amount of people complaining after the Aldo fight was unreal, they were expecting another 30/40 mins at least in the pub.

They have zero interest in MMA. Now obviously if I was,let's say going to an MMA gym or doing bjj, the % of people who like him as a fighter would be much higher.

Always does a good breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Loved the McGregor interview on the MMA hour. Real honest, couldn't stand that press conference persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

WHERE IS COUNTDOWN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

JJayoo wrote: »
    Approx 99% of the McG fans I know view him as a drinking session, the fights are on at 5am and a few pubs will stay open to show it so the drinking/party goes on.

The amount of people complaining after the Aldo fight was unreal, they were expecting another 30/40 mins at least in the pub.

They have zero interest in MMA. Now obviously if I was,let's say going to an MMA gym or doing bjj, the % of people who like him as a fighter would be much higher.

Eh?

What's wrong with that?

It's sport mate. People celebrate sporting victories. Why is that so bad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Southwest Alaska

Even if they are idiotic beliefs in supernatural beings and the inferiority of women?

Nonsensical beliefs deserve ridicule.

Mod: See link below..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Even if they are idiotic beliefs in supernatural beings and the inferiority of women?

Nonsensical beliefs deserve ridicule.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108224441&postcount=7233

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boa7IvbB2Az/?taken-by=kingcondal

Guess we've found out why Conor's not released much footage so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boa7IvbB2Az/?taken-by=kingcondal

Guess we've found out why Conor's not released much footage so far.

That would have nothing to do do with conor releasing footage of his training?

That would have nothing to do do with conor releasing footage of his training?

Yeah I was confused at what Sofiztikated was getting at

Are you saying the footage was kept solely for the "bad blood" show? If so I can't imagine thats the case either

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah I was confused at what Sofiztikated was getting at

Are you saying the footage was kept solely for the "bad blood" show? If so I can't imagine thats the case either

That's what first popped into mind, didn't Conor say he had something going with ESPN?

That's what first popped into mind, didn't Conor say he had something going with ESPN?

Maybe you're right. Hopefully you're right! Be a great watch in that case.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Maybe you're right. Hopefully you're right! Be a great watch in that case.

Ah, I'm probably way off course. To be fair, I'm getting a distinct impression Conor is fed up with the superstar UFC dancing monkey thing.

Ah, I'm probably way off course. To be fair, I'm getting a distinct impression Conor is fed up with the superstar UFC dancing monkey thing.

I think he's just trying to prove he doesn't need to dance like a monkey for months on end doing shed loads of interviews to sell a fight.

I think he's just trying to prove he doesn't need to dance like a monkey for months on end doing shed loads of interviews to sell a fight.

Yeah I think you're right. Those days are behind him. If anyone deserves the right to pack in that side of it, it's him.

• Advertisement

People are entitled to believe what they want and people are allowed dislike them for their beliefs. Nothing wrong with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement