Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

Khabib is on weight at present

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Source?
    The source is in the post before yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Do you think Khabib and his crew of 10+ would be on the UFC bus with all the other fighters and UFC staff? Of course not. He had Ali and a couple of others with him. This set up nonsense is just plain ridiculous.

I think it was setup for a confrontation then Mcgregor went "full Proper 12", there is absolutely no chance he was able to smash a bus up and then stroll out the door without any interference from security. Dana maybe though he was going to bang on the windows of the bus and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

PLOPS wrote: »
    I think it was setup for a confrontation then Mcgregor went "full Proper 12", there is absolutely no chance he was able to smash a bus up and then stroll out the door without any interference from security. Dana maybe though he was going to bang on the windows of the bus and that was it.

Whatever makes you happy man. Can you recommend a good place for purchasing tinfoil hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Really bad to be 6 hours out unless your stable at the weight. He should been a lbs out at that stage leave his body in good state. But im glad hes inside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Commanchie wrote: »
    Really bad to be 6 hours out unless your stable at the weight. He should been a lbs out at that stage leave his body in good state. But im glad hes inside.

Nein.
    Being on weight when you wake up means you can just go back to bed and you're not trying to kill yourself before a deadline, It's ideal. He probably went to bed a few lbs off, woke up and took a dump and had a quick sweat.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Whatever makes you happy man. Can you recommend a good place for purchasing tinfoil hats?

i'm no conspiracy nut, but I've watched enough boxing and mma over the years to know how promoters hype a fight. Its so easy to sell a fight when two people hate each other, the most successful fighters always create bad blood between them and there opponent.

Its hardly a "Bombs took down the twin towers" kind of conspiracy though, is it? I just find the image of Conor Mcgregor hanging around the back of the Barclays centre with 20 lads and Ringing the Maclife lads inside to coordinate the opening of an emergency exit hard to fathom. The police would be all over that. That is a closed area off from the public, performers would normally be there, Alarms would be howling and security wouldn't just be trying to stop lads attacking a bus, guns would be pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

A lot of people were ringing into radio stations stating that they were having issues with their flights from Ireland ---> the fight this weekend. Only caught the last few seconds, anyone have a better understanding of what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

JJayoo wrote: »
    A lot of people were ringing into radio stations stating that they were having issues with their flights from Ireland ---> the fight this weekend. Only caught the last few seconds, anyone have a better understanding of what's going on?

Some radar was fown few days ago not sure if thats what they on bout but was early in week

Liveline had some father on, his young lad was refused entry as he admitted to Homeland security to trying hash a few weeks ago at electric picnic. imagine admitting that to them:confused:

• Advertisement

Liveline had some father on, his young lad that was refused entry as he admitted to Homeland security to trying hash a few weeks ago at electric picnic. imagine admitting that to them:confused:

Ahhh poor fecker, maybe that's what I heard, but I thought there were multiple people with issues, but like I said I only caught the very end, as Conor said in the advert "keep the head down and the wallet fat".

Liveline had some father on, his young lad that was refused entry as he admitted to Homeland security to trying hash a few weeks ago at electric picnic. imagine admitting that to them:confused:

That's the type of idiot or smart arse you are dealing with. If I was immigration I wouldn't have let him through either.

I seen the Muay Thai coach from SBG flew out this morning saying he got a last minute free ticket. I was wondering if it was from one of the lads not allowed fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I’d say his bag pinged for cannabis when swabbed and that was his story. They obviously didn’t believe he had just “tried” it at EP.

Ahhh poor fecker, maybe that's what I heard, but I thought there were multiple people with issues, but like I said I only caught the very end, as Conor said in the advert "keep the head down and the wallet fat".

It had came up Mcgregors family had been getting hassled as well, and he had referenced it at the press conference last night. I think Mcgregor was actually talking about those two scumbag brothers that were sent home and refused entry, but sure they have 50+ convictions between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its the Donalds america now. No more letting in idiots and spoofers. Got to respect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

They can watch mcgregor tap out like a little girl from the comfort of their screens at home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭robwen

At the presser last night did I see the crazy kid from outside the court few months back (McGregor's No.1) in the media area?

robwen wrote: »
    At the presser last night did I see the crazy kid from outside the court few months back (McGregor's No.1) in the media area?

Yeah he was there. He was at the open work out too and Conor have him a wave and an 'alright Robbie' from the stage. You should watch his video, he was chuffed with it. Seems like a funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah spotted him as well, when I first heard about him around the court case I thought he was a bit of a traffic case but watching his video, he is clearly just having a laugh with it and then how Conor's people told him to follow them and he got to meet Conor, was a really nice moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

come here lads if the nugget wins the weekend will he be walking round with three belts then ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just stuck a tenner on a draw at 80/1 in Ladbrooks, although I can't see the fight going anywhere near five rounds but I couldn't ignore those odds either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

dashoonage wrote: »
    come here lads if the nugget wins the weekend will he be walking round with three belts then ?

No but you can be sure he will be looking to fight Woodley next.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Nein.
    Being on weight when you wake up means you can just go back to bed and you're not trying to kill yourself before a deadline, It's ideal. He probably went to bed a few lbs off, woke up and took a dump and had a quick sweat.

Id always rather be a few lbs over and sweat to weight then relax.

I'd always rather be done as soon as possible, weigh in as early as possible and then go eat and drink everything in sight before I got back to bed for another few hours.

IMO
    If McG wins then Dana will announce that Diaz Vs Poirir is for the new 165 belt, and McG will get the first shot, against two guys he has previously beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf9Uyi3HbCw - Link to weigh in

Fans weigh in about 8pm

IMO
    If McG wins then Dana will announce that Diaz Vs Poirir is for the new 165 belt, and McG will get the first shot, against two guys he has previously beaten.

Seeing as he just said it's never happening yesterday it would make sense he announces it in the post fight presser if Conor wins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

ardinn wrote: »
    Kebab is 155!!

Looked pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭robwen

dashoonage wrote: »

Already has 3 including the interim against Chad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement