Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ASOT wrote: »
    He has an android app.

whats the app called. i found a few with his name on it but none are actually his by the look of them

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

tommyboy26 wrote:
    whats the app called. i found a few with his name on it but none are actually his by the look of them

Don't bother .. I had it for a while and was a massive battery drainer

Player FM for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just download podcast addict.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Enjoyed it but I could have done without all the time spent on dinosaurs, climate change denial, aliens and sub-conscious additional dimensions.

Still sounds more coherent than Alex Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

This is the answer your looking for. Finally treated myself to a decent phone with a memory card so very easy to run if you've space to spare.

Got the Joe Rogan Experience subscribed and Chael Sonnen's You're Welcome.

Didn't catch 100% of the GSP episode but thought it was great and of course you can't be on the show if you don't do aliens, flat earth, Trump, MMA on a basketball court, front leg side kick legal vs 12 to 6 illegal and legalise marijuana topics.

Getting to the end of my wick with these topics mentioned every 2 days if I'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

This is the answer your looking for. Finally treated myself to a decent phone with a memory card so very easy to run if you've space to spare.

Got the Joe Rogan Experience subscribed and Chael Sonnen's You're Welcome.

Didn't catch 100% of the GSP episode but thought it was great and of course you can't be on the show if you don't do aliens, flat earth, Trump, MMA on a basketball court, front leg side kick legal vs 12 to 6 elbows illegal and legalise marijuana topics.

Getting to the end of my wick with these topics mentioned every 2 days if I'm honest.

The biggest thing I took from it was that if he's back, a fight at 155, or rather a fight vs Khabib or McGregor, is very much on his radar. He didn't really mention the current top WWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The biggest thing I took from it was that if he's back, a fight at 155, or rather a fight vs Khabib or McGregor, is very much on his radar. He didn't really mention the current top WWs.

When he spoke about how he 99% suspects that some of the top fighters of today are on the juice, I kind of read between the lines that he was implying Woodley, hence why he didn't say he wanted to fight him. But who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ricero wrote: »
    GSP on Joe Rogans podcast is a fantastic listen

I second this, GSP comes across as a true gent. Very clever and very wise.

FRB is claiming that Nick Diaz was arrested for domestic battery by strangulation.

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/1000024040273268738

Several details match although the spelling of his first name is out slightly. Could simply be a coincidence.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    I second this, GSP comes across as a true gent. Very clever and very wise.

He sounded really really happy. Never heard him so relaxed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Had a feeling till would miss weight all week, don't know why. Yes mate you are a light heavey weight. Was very lucky to get this fight an he misses by nearly 4lbs.

Thompson will only fight if till weighs 188 tomorrow afternoon

Had a feeling till would miss weight all week, don't know why. Yes mate you are a light heavey weight. Was very lucky to get this fight an he misses by nearly 4lbs.

thats his second time to miss weight.

so many fighters missing weight lately ufc needs to impose higher penalty for missing weight

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    thats his second time to miss weight.

so many fighters missing weight lately ufc needs to impose higher penalty for missing weight

Fighters who missed it this year are 7-0. Joke. A financial penalty isn't good enough either as win will get you up rankings still

Fighters who missed it this year are 7-0. Joke. A financial penalty isn't good enough either as win will get you up rankings still

yea bisping made a good comment that the history books will only show who won the fight and not that they missed weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

188 means Till is definitely going to be hungry, and possibly dehydrated also.

Till is gonna have to move up, even at 175 he looked like a crack head, so even if a 175 division came in, it might not suit him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Thompson will only fight if till weighs 188 tomorrow afternoon

how does this work?

will he be weighed just before his walkout? or will it be at the start of the main card?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

CatFromHue wrote: »
    how does this work?

will he be weighed just before his walkout? or will it be at the start of the main card?

Apparently it's at 1pm tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

how does this work?

Think he has to weigh in at 1pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/mikebohnmma/status/1000426578667388929?s=21

It has also destroyed them in terms of entertainment for the fans (I know that’s not really a concern for them).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

xtal191 wrote: »
    Think he has to weigh in at 1pm tomorrow

His fight is at 9pm so he would still have time to rehydrate up to a higher weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

His fight is at 9pm so he would still have time to rehydrate up to a higher weight?

Rehydration rates for brain tissue are much longer than this

I like this tho. Till would have weighed alot more than 188 had he made weight so it kind of gives Wonderboy the advantage? Fancy him to stiffin till anyway but I'm almost certain now. Just threw few

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looking at going to UFC 229 in Vegas in October, however now see Khabib v Conor slated for it at the moment. Getting tickets would be a nightmare if that gets booked. Might book everything now anyway before they get inflated.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looking at going to UFC 229 in Vegas in October, however now see Khabib v Conor slated for it at the moment. Getting tickets would be a nightmare if that gets booked. Might book everything now anyway before they get inflated.

Conor has been "slated" to fight on almost every Vegas card this year at some point. I wouldn't let it hamper your plans. I think he fights in new York in November myself if they don't throw the book at him next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Advertisement

Bisping "officially" retires. Strangely, I might actually believe this one.

Congrats on a great career Mike. An absolute prick, but a loveable one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement