Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mellor wrote: »

Interesting. BBC have certainly upped their investment in MMA in the last year or so. If this goes well wonder if they'll be tempted to take a shot at BAMMA next. It's put up decent figures on terrestrial before and a show with Bisping or Hardy on commentary could prove pretty popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bisping "officially" retires. Strangely, I might actually believe this one.

Congrats on a great career Mike. An absolute prick, but a loveable one!

Great pundit. Like him.

Apart from a flash or two here and there he never really made it to the top tier in UFC though, always seemed to fall short. I know he was very briefly champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The Nal wrote: »
    Great pundit. Like him.

Apart from a flash or two here and there he never really made it to the top tier in UFC though, always seemed to fall short. I know he was very briefly champ.

He would've become champ sooner if USADA came in a few years earlier. He was fighting both legal and illegal juicers his whole career.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but would anyone have the presale code for the UFC Calgary event? Tickets for the presale went on sale this morning. If they could PM that would be fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Mossyman wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but would anyone have the presale code for the UFC Calgary event? Tickets for the presale went on sale this morning. If they could PM that would be fantastic!

PM'd you my fight club code there. Enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Rhys McKee defending his title in June against Terry Brazier. I did not see that match up coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

qwabercd wrote: »
    PM'd you my fight club code there. Enjoy..

Got great tickets, thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Till up to #2 at welterweight.

30% of his purse doesn’t feel too bad now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lukker- wrote: »
    He would've become champ sooner if USADA came in a few years earlier. He was fighting both legal and illegal juicers his whole career.

Very true. The Brazilians in the division fell quickly post USADA didn't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Paully D wrote: »
    Till up to #2 at welterweight.

30% of his purse doesn’t feel too bad now. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't matter Dana is desperate to get that belt off Woodley, he'll keep pushing Till. Rankings hardly even matter in UFC anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Unranked to #2 in two fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If Woodley comes back and he hasn't lost a step, I think he'd absolutely murder Till.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Say what you want about the decision but the fact is he holds a win over wonderboy. Wonderboy had two razor thin fights vs the current champion. #2 is fair. Who should be #2 ahead of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

If Woodley comes back and he hasn't lost a step, I think he'd absolutely murder Till.

I think it would be like Woodley / Thompson 2.

I haven't watched it yet, but there is a video of Darren Till losing his vision while cutting weight for Thompson. He tried a colonic too to help him cut extra weight (and ****).

He struggled that bad and couldn't even make 174.5. I'd have my doubts about him even competing at 175 if they ever created it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I haven't watched it yet, but there is a video of Darren Till losing his vision while cutting weight for Thompson. He tried a colonic too to help him cut extra weight (and ****).

He struggled that bad and couldn't even make 174.5. I'd have my doubts about him even competing at 175 if they ever created it.

They're saying his cut was interrupted by a "family emergency".

They're saying his cut was interrupted by a "family emergency".

In fairness, apparently his pregnant girlfriend had to go to hospital the saturday night before. Now that shouldn't affect the cut at all, considering he really should have been going to bed close enough and waking up on point.

He said he's going to lose some before the next fight so he's not as heavy starting the cut.

He said he's going to lose some before the next fight so he's not as heavy starting the cut.

Good luck to him. It would require eating like Canelo (and possibly the clen too) was when was trying to avoid Middleweight like the plague. He literally ate like toast, a couple of eggs and protein shakes year round to keep it down.

Till while similar height to Wonderboy, has a considerably bigger frame. I dunno if he could ever comfortable compete at WW.

• Advertisement

Good luck to him. It would require eating like Canelo (and possibly the clen too) was when was trying to avoid Middleweight like the plague. He literally ate like toast, a couple of eggs and protein shakes year round to keep it down.

Till while similar height to Wonderboy, has a considerably bigger frame. I dunno if he could ever comfortable compete at WW.

Darren seems to enjoy the good life between camps. Plenty booze and food so it mightn't be that hard for him to lose a few pound .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

No real issue with the decision itself.It was a close fight, not a whole lot of action.

I do definitely take issue with the face Darren Till is now #2 Welterweight. He shouldn't move up a division when he couldn't meet the criteria to fight in that division.

D.Q wrote: »
    No real issue with the decision itself.It was a close fight, not a whole lot of action.

I do definitely take issue with the face Darren Till is now #2 Welterweight. He shouldn't move up a division when he couldn't meet the criteria to fight in that division.

People saying it wasn't a robbery, I still can't get my head around it had wonderboy 3-1 after 4 was fairly certain of it. I lost a nice few quid on it too so could be slightly biased

Where could I watch glory tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭Inviere

No real issue with the decision itself.It was a close fight.

The decision suggests it wasn’t a close fight though :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Inviere wrote: »
    The decision suggests it wasn’t a close fight though :confused:

Not necessarily, given that at least 3 of the rounds were very very close, its not inconceivable that a judge could have given 4 of the rounds to Till.

Obviously its not inconceivable that a judge could have given 4 of the rounds to wonderboy either, but thats the nature of things when you have such a cagey fight with so few strikes landed by either fighter. It starts coming down to factors that are harder to quantify than just strikes landed like cage control / effective aggression etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When you see the success of guys like Rumble, Whittaker, McGregor (looked better at LW albeit only in 1 true fight against Alvarez), as well as Poirier, RDA, Cowboy among others I can't think of you'd have to say the only reason for killing yourself is that your skillset isn't good enough and you need the size advantage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Where could I watch glory tomorrow night

Seems its on the Free Sports channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

After a hard week at work and some training on the bike today I finally get to relax with the house to myself, couldn't beat it. Also makes a change not having the results spoiled on Facebook since no one cared.

https://ibb.co/c8gBdJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

To the surprise of nobody Yair Rodriguez will be fighting Zabit Magomedsharipov at UFC 228. You can take absolutely nothing that comes from Dana as truth ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement