Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

weemcd wrote: »
    UFC has let far too many decent talent go. Off the top of my head:

Rory
    Mousassi
    Bader
    Davis
    Horiguchi
    Yair

^ should all still be in the UFC. Also they have not found a new draw in a long time.

Horiguchi will be back. The DJ fight was too soon, he didn't even want it, but you can't exactly turn down a title fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Fight broke out at the Bamma presser, Kiely I think it was

Ritchie? That's surprising.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Yeah but most people will go where the money is these days, can't imagine she would be getting as much for competing in BJJ as she would in the UFC.

Women's BJJ at IBJJF level doesn't pay very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah but most people will go where the money is these days, can't imagine she would be getting as much for competing in BJJ as she would in the UFC.

Women's BJJ at IBJJF level doesn't pay very well.
    UFC gives her other opportunities as well due to the greater exposure. Sponsorships, partnerships modelling etc, which (believe it or not Ultimate Seduction) tends to be easier for pretty little white girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fighters who have missed weight are 9-1 in the last 10 in the UFC.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Fighters who have missed weight are 9-1 in the last 10 in the UFC.

Can understand why ABC took the fight though. Dern is a far bigger scalp than her ability and performances (to date) justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Can understand why ABC took the fight though. Dern is a far bigger scalp than her ability and performances (to date) justify.

I said this in the gambling thread aswell - but realistically ABC getting 30% of Derns purse is probably more than she was due to make in general. Sad but true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chuck Liddell just announced on #themmahour that he is officially un-retired. He is back. He all but guaranteed he will fight Tito Ortiz in November under the Golden Boy banner. “It’s going to happen,” he said.

Chuck Liddell: “To be honest, in my mind, I’d like to fight two good warm-up fights then I’d like a shot at Jon Jones. I’m serious. I’d like a shot at him.”

The Nal wrote: »
    Chuck Liddell just announced on #themmahour that he is officially un-retired. He is back. He all but guaranteed he will fight Tito Ortiz in November under the Golden Boy banner. “It’s going to happen,” he said.

Chuck Liddell: “To be honest, in my mind, I’d like to fight two good warm-up fights then I’d like a shot at Jon Jones. I’m serious. I’d like a shot at him.”

*Looks for dislike button*

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Nal wrote: »

PoliteThoughtfulFurseal-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,376 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Whatever he earns from the two “warm-up fights” should just about cover the funeral arrangements after Jones is done with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think chucks style of fighting would cause a lot of problems for Jones. Unfortunately he’s 10 years too old

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I think chucks style of fighting would cause a lot of problems for Jones. Unfortunately he’s 10 years too old

More like 20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Jones will murder death kill Lidell.
    That brawling style will have him face planting the mat in no time

Dana won’t let him fight in the UFC thankfully. Hopefully he doesn’t get sanctioned for Joan own benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ufc is coming to moscow on the 15 of september. it will only be a fight night so no chance of a khabib vs mcgregor

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    ufc is coming to moscow on the 15 of september. it will only be a fight night so no chance of a khabib vs mcgregor

could be a trial run...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Dana already said the only place for that fight in Vegas. (unless June goes bad for Conor in court)

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Dana already said the only place for that fight in Vegas. (unless June goes bad for Conor in court)

Russia it is then...

Should be entertaining.

Edit: wow, he's leaving MMA fighting.com for this gig!

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/997173760657690624?s=19

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Should be entertaining.

Edit: wow, he's leaving MMA fighting.com for this gig!

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/997173760657690624?s=19

A regular on air gig with ESPN is the end goal for a sports broadcast journalist in the us. Fair play Ariel.

A regular on air gig with ESPN is the end goal for a sports broadcast journalist in the us. Fair play Ariel.

Until Dana tells them to pull the plug :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The title; a play on the Fighter and the Kid?? Hmm

I like Ariel and the MMA hour can generally be insightful when I tune in from time to time.

Cannot stand Chael; a broken record :o but all the best to them.

Do they get someone to run the show on MMAfighting now or will the show now cease?

That's a huge deal for him, fair play. Looks like MMA Hour is moving with him too - so maybe he'll reunite with Jeff Wagenheim!

I would say it protects him from Dana: with their new deal ESPN are calling the tunes and they will have ensured that any Ariel-Dana situation was reviewed and well under control before investing in him.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Until Dana tells them to pull the plug :pac:

ESPN will tell Dana to go and ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

I like Ariel, and in general i like the mma hour. But when he gets onto something, like he did with the pennington thing between rounds four and five or the conor at the barclay centre stuff, i find myself getting a serious pain listening to him talking about the same thing with ten guests in a row.

I think he will suit shorter time slots and less of the repetitiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I like Ariel, and in general i like the mma hour. But when he gets onto something, like he did with the pennington thing between rounds four and five or the conor at the barclay centre stuff, i find myself getting a serious pain listening to him talking about the same thing with ten guests in a row.

I think he will suit shorter time slots and less of the repetitiveness.

Of course hes going to ask each guest about it, understandably he has to repeat himself each time to start he discusson unless he guest has been listening. I think the fact its a five hour show just makes the repetitiveness more obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Class having ariel and chael with their own show. they will work very well together i feel

Of course hes going to ask each guest about it, understandably he has to repeat himself each time to start he discusson unless he guest has been listening. I think the fact its a five hour show just makes the repetitiveness more obvious.

I don't disagree to an extent, its a weakness of the format. The show at six hours and ten guests gets very samey when he says it voer and over.

Like i said, at the end of the day, i quite like ariel and what he does.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Class having ariel and chael with their own show. they will work very well together i feel

Definitely a lot of chemistry on this weeks mma hour, they bounce wel off each other. Presume they both knew at that stage of the upcoming work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement