Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

I wonder if Joe will get him talking about the time he saw the aliens..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The problem is half the time the focus isn't on MMA and it just turns into a standard JRE podcast.

I've only watched the ones wherevthe guest interested me (Danaher, Big John, etc) and they mistlynon point. I'm ok with the odd diversion tbh.
    Big John is MMA history personified. His insight into what actually happened in the early days, correcting some of the rumours (Rickson and UFC 1) and stuff like that is gold imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'm glad the Chile fight night is over so we don't have to hear Ariel annoyingly teach us to pronounce it "Chee-lay" constantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Werdum the latest to get done by USADA. I highly doubt the UFC re-ups when the contract comes up. Far too many stars getting done to be worth it.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/22/17381240/fabricio-werdum-fails-usada-drug-test-facing-ufc-anti-doping-violation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Werdum the latest to get done by USADA. I highly doubt the UFC re-ups when the contract comes up. Far too many stars getting done to be worth it.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/22/17381240/fabricio-werdum-fails-usada-drug-test-facing-ufc-anti-doping-violation

Can't say I'm even slightly surprised. Heavyweight Brazilian in his 40s

On another note has Helwani addressed specifically what's happening with the mma hour? Is he continuing his own version through espn or are mmafighting bringing in a new host? Like most mma fans I watch atleast an interview or two from that show every week, will be sad to see it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭xtal191

dulux99 wrote: »

On another note has Helwani addressed specifically what's happening with the mma hour? Is he continuing his own version through espn or are mmafighting bringing in a new host? Like most mma fans I watch atleast an interview or two from that show every week, will be sad to see it go.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/997278822415458304

xtal191 wrote: »

Happy days! Hopefully ESPN don't put shackles on him or the guests. I enjoy how there's no real time constraints and they can curse away if they want to. Nothing kills a conversation like worrying over if they can or can't say something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He's doing something with the same format as stand alone a podcast with ESPN, on Mondays. And then his on air show with Cheal on Wednesdays. Whether it will be called the MMA Hour or not I don't know. Probably no more new York rock as a producer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

ESPN will be a lot stricter on the editorial front I would imagine.

ESPN will be a lot stricter on the editorial front I would imagine.

I think so too unfortunately. I definitely can't imagine Helwani's new long format podcast will be much better for the "die hard" MMA fans. I doubt people like us will be ESPN's target audience... Hopefully I am wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Werdum flagged by USADA. Out of comp test.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjGUJmCBXEJ/

He called it a misunderstanding, so should maybe wait until specifics come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just seen Liverpool is starting at 4. Does that mean main card be over by 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes - Main card to start at 7. Prob be over between 21:30-22:00

Starts at 3. Main card starts at 6.

It'll clash with the champions league final so. Will lose a lot of viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It'll clash with the champions league final so. Will lose a lot of viewers

UFC is on Sunday, not Saturday

Is it due to be shown live in the states does anyone know? It'll be a long night, I've never gone to a ufc fight night show. I've been to ppvs and fight pass shows, where they get through the fights at a very quick pace, but they'll drag the arse out of it if it's live in the states.

On another note does anyone have a pair of weigh in tickets they're not using? Didn't even occur to me until this morning to try and source tickets but they're long gone.

Is it due to be shown live in the states does anyone know? It'll be a long night, I've never gone to a ufc fight night show. I've been to ppvs and fight pass shows, where they get through the fights at a very quick pace, but they'll drag the arse out of it if it's live in the states.

On another note does anyone have a pair of weigh in tickets they're not using? Didn't even occur to me until this morning to try and source tickets but they're long gone.

Maincard is on FS1, premlims and early prelims are on fightpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,239 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Weigh in tickets???

I didn't even know it was ticketed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mellor wrote: »

He called it a misunderstanding, so should maybe wait until specifics come out.

We've heard that many, many times..

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    UFC is on Sunday, not Saturday

Ah balls!!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Weigh in tickets???

I didn't even know it was ticketed!

Yeah it is unfortunately. That makes two of us! Ah well. Still might try get in on the day considering the arena is practically in town anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

coverage starts at 4 on btsports 2 and ends at 9:30. which is great cause i can watch it live and not need to record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

GSP on Joe Rogans podcast is a fantastic listen

ricero wrote: »
    GSP on Joe Rogans podcast is a fantastic listen

Is there anywhere I can listen to it like SoundCloud or something? I'm on android and YouTube won't really work with the phone in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is there anywhere I can listen to it like SoundCloud or something? I'm on android and YouTube won't really work with the phone in my pocket

He has an android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Or any podcast app will probably have it. I use podcast addict myself and they're all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Enjoyed it but I could have done without all the time spent on dinosaurs, climate change denial, aliens and sub-conscious additional dimensions.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed it but I could have done without all the time spent on dinosaurs, climate change denial, aliens and sub-conscious additional dimensions.
    He'll find any excuse to say "gigantopithecus"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement