Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭finglashoop

VW 1 wrote: »
    I don't disagree to an extent, its a weakness of the format. The show at six hours and ten guests gets very samey when he says it voer and over.

Like i said, at the end of the day, i quite like ariel and what he does.

Ye i agree he should ask maybe first guest and go in depth and get a quicker shorter opinion on it from others

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Any word on Matt Hughes since his crash months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Dtp1979 wrote: »

He walked out to the cage at an event a while ago, think it was his hometown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dtp1979 wrote: »

He put up a 'nice' photo on his instagram a few days ago of a beautiful tiger that he hunted/murdered but took the photo down after a heap of backlash

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

callaway92 wrote: »
    He put up a 'nice' photo on his instagram a few days ago of a beautiful tiger that he hunted/murdered but took the photo down after a heap of backlash

Smh, no comment or I'll be banned

• Advertisement

Smh, no comment or I'll be banned

Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

A leopard never changes its spots I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It was a mountain lion and although I wouldn't be interested in hunting one they are hunted by the public at certain times of the year to control the populations in parts of the US and Canada.

True lads - the man (for the fighter of top quality that he was) isn’t a very pleasant person

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

True lads - the man (for the fighter of top quality that he was) isn’t a very pleasant person

From what I’ve read about him he seems like a horrible human being

• Advertisement

Much as I wanted to read his book I'd rather burn the money
    From what appeared online you could only whole heartedly agree with the above comments

I recall seeing Matt in a video with hospital staff last year and he looked kinda simple/innocent, he had a childlike expression and very genuine smile. I thought maybe the brain damage had 'reset' his personality and maybe he wasn't a dickhead any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

No thread for tonight, anyone staying up for it?

One of the worst cards I’ve ever seen on paper. Big fat no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,376 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I probably will tbh, only because I woke up so late today and I’ve nothing better to do. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

When I look at that card on Sherdog without the main event I honestly don't know if I am supposed to read it from top to bottom or the other way round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I honestly am. Of even sure what card is on? Chile?

If so **** that card, the UFC are trying to ****ing punish Maia or something.

Let's put the waining 40 year old bjj player up against all the rounded freak wrestlers.

waited to see would anyone bite :p

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107042342#post107042342

I honestly am. Of even sure what card is on? Chile?

If so **** that card, the UFC are trying to ****ing punish Maia or something.

Let's put the waining 40 year old bjj player up against all the rounded freak wrestlers.

at least after usman there'll be no more left after he's been beaten by the best three wrestlers in the div

I hope he retires after tonight though I suspect he'll carry on a bit longer, maybe a swansong on a card in brazil later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads can anyone remember when the MSG card was set last year...was it july/august ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads can anyone remember when the MSG card was set last year...was it july/august ?

They did a big press conference during international fight week and announced all the big cards for the rest of the year during that. It'll be the same this year I'd say.

They did a big press conference during international fight week and announced all the big cards for the rest of the year during that. It'll be the same this year I'd say.

That was it! sound....wiki has it as Nov 10th but Billy Joel says he's playing the garden that night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,239 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Maybe he's fighting Conor at catch weight.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Maybe he's fighting Conor at catch weight.

You'd watch...you know you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Wonderboy-Till going to be broadcast on BBC 5 Live. Perhaps doesn't mean quite what it once did but still a significant step towards the mainstream in the UK.

Wonderboy-Till going to be broadcast on BBC 5 Live. Perhaps doesn't mean quite what it once did but still a significant step towards the mainstream in the UK.

can't imagine listening to an mma fight on the radio :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

mailburner wrote: »
    can't imagine listening to an mma fight on the radio :pac:

They even have darts on the radio now, and strangely it kind of works.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm much really liking Joe Rogan's MMA Podcasts. I don't mind the randomness of the other one, but it def works better when the focus is MMA.

This is an excellent one. Covers the history of MMA, rule changes, future rule changes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm much really liking Joe Rogan's MMA Podcasts. I don't mind the randomness of the other one, but it def works better when the focus is MMA.

This is an excellent one. Covers the history of MMA, rule changes, future rule changes etc.

The problem is half the time the focus isn't on MMA and it just turns into a standard JRE podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Apparently GSP is going to be on Wednesday's JRE. Should be a good one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement