Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ricero wrote: »
    GSP will make bits of him

Yup, although it's targeted for 155. I actually think both guys will have trouble making that. Wrestle**** incoming regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yup, although it's targeted for 155. I actually think both guys will have trouble making that. Wrestle**** incoming regardless.

I presumed it would be at 170. Would be interesting to see GSP at 155.

I reckon GSP is thinking that proving he can make weight and beating a name in Diaz will set up a future showdown with either Mcgregor or Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Mellor wrote:
    I hope he comes up with a better excuse the next time he pops.

cliggg wrote:
    I see Chad Mendes is officially back. He's fighting Myles Jury in July in what is looking like a really good card for a Fight Night. I hope he uses a different foot cream now

I actually feel sorry for him, I have psoriasis as Well and almost every treatment that actually is worth a damn is steroid based.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I actually feel sorry for him, I have psoriasis as Well and almost every treatment that actually is worth a damn is steroid based.

I mean the excuse he gave was for a cream that doesn't exist, or that has no known clinical benefits to treat it with it. It was growth hormone based, not steroidal either.

He pretty much owned up to juicing in an Instagram story post hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

ianob7 wrote: »
    UFC fightpass subscription can be paid using credit

Sharing this from some legend in Bargain Alerts. You can use the UFC App to pay for Fight Pass with phone credit.

Works on Android anyway, not sure about iPhone.

• Advertisement

Sharing this from some legend in Bargain Alerts. You can use the UFC App to pay for Fight Pass with phone credit.

Works on Android anyway, not sure about iPhone.

Is there a deal atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Inviere

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon GSP is thinking that proving he can make weight and beating a name in Diaz will set up a future showdown with either Mcgregor or Khabib

100%

Regardless, if McGregor figured Nate out & got the job done over 5 rounds...GSP should have no issues. The only concern is how he'll do at 155

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Yer Welcome MMA boardsies :D

Anyone giving Pennington a shout the weekend ??

Not me anyways, Think nunes annihilates her!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ianob7 wrote: »
    Yer Welcome MMA boardsies :D

Anyone giving Pennington a shout the weekend ??

Not me anyways, Think nunes annihilates her!

she's dog tough though but for me she gets outpointed.
    I'd still consider backing her at 6/1 though, odds a bit too big imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Anybody else see Darren Till upending his sparring partner on Instagram? It’s a bit tough to watch to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

hunter164 wrote: »
    Anybody else see Darren Till upending his sparring partner on Instagram? It’s a bit tough to watch to be honest

Bad form alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Bad form alright

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,239 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Bad form alright

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They don't look like 16oz gloves either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    They don't look like 16oz gloves either

I'd say 12oz. Big lad he's sparring is using pillows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭cletus

That fella looked like he got pulled out of the 8 pm beginner's class and put in that cage. Strange stuff

I'd say 12oz. Big lad he's sparring is using pillows though.
    Doesn't really matter what the big lad is wearing, Till is the one teeing off.
    I know it's a bit hard to judge from short IG clips, but big lad doesn't look like he should be in there.

I was more pointing it out as it seems strange to have one lad using pillows while another fella's knocking the snot out of him with smaller gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Inviere

Tommy Gunn sparring in Rocky V comes to mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Till seems to spare very hard anyway. Posted fee clips few months back of him taking a powerful one to the chin, dunno how it he didn't go to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ah the oul AKA method of training

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Ah the oul AKA method of training

With AKA it's not necessarily hard sparing, they just completely over train, doing 2-3 sessions per day is normal and it gets more intense during camps.

Till's style is more like Brazilian schools like Chute Boxe, which isn't surprising as his first dozen or so pro MMa fights he was training with Astra in Brazil.

I was more pointing it out as it seems strange to have one lad using pillows while another fella's knocking the snot out of him with smaller gloves.

Possibly making gross assumptions here, but the big lad looked a big novice-ish. He might only have 16s. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jaysis, thats a hard watch.

I sparred a boxer in Canada that was levels above me, the coach told me it would just be very light and not hard. He pummelled the head off me for 3 rounds, I landed maybe 2 digs if I was lucky and he was throwing hard and accurate punches.

It benefits no one, maybe just cushions the ego a tad for the better fighter, but he gets nothing out of it. The other guy gets a sore head and demolished confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭xtal191

https://www.instagram.com/p/BijnRPBFP-G/
    For all you dumb ***** commenting on my previous video talking ****, saying that it’s bullying. Giving my training partner **** saying he is not worthy to be in there with me! We had a good few rounds together were he gave me a smack and I gave him one, it was a hard day and I feel I have it my all and that previous video was a good clip of me landing some shots. All you internet fighters haven’t got a ****ing clue so stick to internet fighting and leave the real fighting to us! Here is a video which I posted last December of me taking a smack! I post when I’m hitting and I post when I’m taking a smack, so keep talking ****! #InternetFighters #HaventGotA****ingClue

Well that's not the same guy, so he kinda missed the point.
    Two guys at the same level want to go hard, that's their business.

Knocking around a random*, different story.

*as I said, massive assumption, but I'm happy enough to make it without evidence otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

What a card that is. Dana is calling it his "my birthday present to myself card". If he had several more birthdays a year then we would see higher quality cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yairs been released for turning down fights with Lamas & Zabit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement