Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

MagicIRL wrote: »
    She won't go near flyweight while Shevchenko is up there, especially when she butchers Montano for the belt. Shevchenko has three wins over Jedrzejczyk (albeit in Muay Thai) so I can't imagine she's keen for a 4th. :pac:
    I know but she has often talked about moving up to 135 in part to fight Valentina and also to be champion in 2 weight classes. She even tried to get that fight when Nunes pulled out of her fight with Shevchenko. When the 125 division was created I thought that fight was a certainty, hopefully it still happens.

mailburner wrote: »
    Not crazy about this match up at all.
    I like torres and she always puts on a good show but for me this is a fight she can't possible win, doubt she'll win a round

wouldn't it be some craic if jeremy beat jose :D
    if someone suggested a few years ago that jeremy would be main card with jose I'd be sending them to the loony bin

jj wins this and is probably one fight away from fighting rose again if rose is still on top
    I don't know about Joanna getting another shot anytime soon. She's lost to her twice now. There are some fresh matches to make for that belt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cliggg wrote: »
    I don't know about Joanna getting another shot anytime soon. She's lost to her twice now. There are some fresh matches to make for that belt now.

not sure, outside of jj and rose there's andrade, can't make a case for any of that top ten besides those three
    there's nobody else really as far as I can see

after that there's karolina who got beat up for five v jj and a split win v herrig just doesn't cut it, she'll be slaughtered again v jj if they ever meet imo

gadelha was outclassed v andrade, not sure where she goes from that

rest are well below, torres and herrig, the likes of esparza and waterson nowhere near good enough

jj beats torres and one more opponent and she fights for the belt again for me

not sure, outside of jj and rose there's andrade, can't make a case for any of that top ten besides those three
    there's nobody else really as far as I can see

after that there's karolina who got beat up for five v jj and a split win v herrig just doesn't cut it, she'll be slaughtered again v jj if they ever meet imo

gadelha was outclassed v andrade, not sure where she goes from that

rest are well below, torres and herrig, the likes of esparza and waterson nowhere near good enough

jj beats torres and one more opponent and she fights for the belt again for me
    Karolina beat Rose only a few fights ago which should be enough for a shot. Claudia has never fought Rose so why not give her a shot too? Obviously Andrade deserves a shot and if Torres beats Joanna she would too imo.

It's looking like the Montano v Shevchenko fight won't be happening in July as Montano is still injured. The latest rumour is Alvarez v Poirier if they can get Eddie to sign a new deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Montano will have another 4 surgeries and be out for another 2 years before she fights Shevchenko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Not crazy about this match up at all.
    I like torres and she always puts on a good show but for me this is a fight she can't possible win, doubt she'll win a round

wouldn't it be some craic if jeremy beat jose :D
    if someone suggested a few years ago that jeremy would be main card with jose I'd be sending them to the loony bin

jj wins this and is probably one fight away from fighting rose again if rose is still on top

The Karolina fight wasn't as one sided as you're making out. Was a good fight. She beat rose last year too.

The Karolina fight wasn't as one sided as you're making out. Was a good fight. She beat rose last year too.

might have to watch it again

I remember how much punishment she took in comparison to jj and how tough she was but she was slow in comparison iirc

The win over rose does look kinda good now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Nah, Joanna outclassed Karolina pretty clinically. She started to tire a bit from the 4th on and took some big shots but she was never in any sort of trouble.

Obviously it was comfortable for JJ with a 49 46 UD but it wasn't this lobsided fight that would stop Karolina from a title shot almost 2 years later. It was a great fight I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Joanna needs to build herself back up and fight someone else, and beat someone else. She's fought everyone else in the top 6 apart from Torres, and it would be pointless putting her in a rematch again. No problems with that fight.

Any truth in Nate wanting a fight I wonder.. can't see him v anyone bringing in the kinda money he is rumoured to be looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

My prediction is Nate Diaz vs Robbie Lawler if Nate does fight again. The script for that fight writes itself, two big names, and stylistically it's the kind of fight Diaz would want. It would be an unbelievable matchup.

dulux99 wrote: »
    My prediction is Nate Diaz vs Robbie Lawler if Nate does fight again. The script for that fight writes itself, two big names, and stylistically it's the kind of fight Diaz would want. It would be an unbelievable matchup.

I believe he said he has no interest in Welterweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Robbie would wreck Nate. He is too big and too powerful, he'd just walk Nate down and he's not going to be bothered by the volume punching.

And I say that as big Nate fan.

Whatever danis is doing its working. He's got a lot of fighters even UFC fighters talking about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Whatever danis is doing its working. He's got a lot of fighters even UFC fighters talking about him.

About what kinda dickhead he is?

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Doesn't really matter what they are saying. His name being mentioned over and over again on social media and all the click bait sites means more $. I'm supposed it's happening I was hoping people would just ignore the fool out of existence.

Yeah, it is, and he gets fighters like Joanna posting on his account promoting him to. He's smarter than he looks, and he seems to be more of a nerd than a **** when you actually hear him speak.

Rumours of a Rockhold vs. Gustaffson fight for the interim 205 belt. Don't think DC is gonna return to 205, if he beats Stipe he'll prob fight once more vs Brock, if he loses he'll prob have 1 retirement fight, maybe defend one last time vs the interim camp, but don't see him fighting Rockhold personally.

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as bad publicity.

I think Danis picked Conor's brain and got some simple guidelines for self-promotion.

-It's okay to be hated
    -Act as successful as you intend to be (confident to the point of cockiness)
    -Say controversial things
    -Dress in a way that gets people talking - no matter if it's to say you look a prat
    -Trash talk the biggest target you can find, so you get mentioned in the same breath as them.

At the end of the day none of these things will have any bearing on his fight results. He'll win or lose based on his ability, which would be the case no matter what. But the self-promotion will make a huge difference to his pay cheque. Even if he loses, he's going to get more for losing than he otherwise would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rumours of a Rockhold vs. Gustaffson fight for the interim 205 belt. Don't think DC is gonna return to 205, if he beats Stipe he'll prob fight once more vs Brock, if he loses he'll prob have 1 retirement fight, maybe defend one last time vs the interim camp, but don't see him fighting Rockhold personally.

Bad fight for Rockhold imo, wouldn't give much of a chance against Gus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gus will determine exactly how that fight goes, Rockhold will be mauled for however long he wants to maul him

It’s prob the worst possible matchup for Luke. A tidy boxer with a good reach

same as above, not a good match up for luke

can't think of many fighters over the years I'd like to see win the
    belt more than gus
    reminds me a bit of condit in his prime, a match for anyone on his day though he's just come up short against two beasts

I see Chad Mendes is officially back. He's fighting Myles Jury in July in what is looking like a really good card for a Fight Night. I hope he uses a different foot cream now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cliggg wrote: »
    I hope he uses a different foot cream now :P

I hope he comes up with a better excuse the next time he pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

BAMMA this weekend in the 3 Arena, Dublin. Can't wait!

Nate Diaz vs GSP targeted for UFC 227.

GSP just after them money fights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lukker- wrote: »
    Nate Diaz vs GSP targeted for UFC 227.

GSP just after them money fights.

GSP will make bits of him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement