Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lewis will be obliterated in that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Lewis will be obliterated in that

Was coming on here to post same
    fair play to lewis, he's nothing if not game, tough an all he is if he gets
    past the first round he'll do well
    if he somehow gets past the second we could have a fight on our hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

mailburner wrote: »
    Was coming on here to post same
    fair play to lewis, he's nothing if not game, tough an all he is if he gets
    past the first round he'll do well
    if he somehow gets past the second we could have a fight on our hands.

If it does passed the 2nd we will have 2 gassed out fools holding eachother up.

Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I think the same about Lewis vs Ngannou. I don't really understand the massive outpouring of joy on twitter from people about it. Lewis was outclassed by a 43 year old Mark Hunt only last year. He's a bad, bad heavyweight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think the same about Lewis vs Ngannou. I don't really understand the massive outpouring of joy on twitter from people about it. Lewis was outclassed by a 43 year old Mark Hunt only last year. He's a bad, bad heavyweight

Black beast is gas craic

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The poster for 225 which basically confirms CM Punk is getting ppv points and is probably the 3rd last fight of the night.
    30856214_239203479970772_7937299613994713088_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Yeah what size are you
    If you are 6’6” and lifting 100 130 160 on the three then an hour
    If you are 5’6 and 9 stone it will take longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Dc looses every championship challenge he’s ever made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,189 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mailburner wrote: »
    this is what I was thinking until I read more, can't really blame her given it would have been her last fight
    Depends on the order of events imo.
    Sounds likeshe first tried to walk with her show money, and 1 contracted fight left. Then later changed her offer to fight for an extension. In that case I'm not surprised she was paid out and waved off.

If she was getting paid either way, Smith said it wouldn’t make much business sense to take the fight.
    “I considered fighting Aspen anyway, purely out of pride,” Smith told MMA Fighting. “And another chance to showcase my skills in the Octagon. But if I had done that, it would have been purely pride. And I would have been fighting for free since I was already getting paid the money.
    She was getting her show money. Not her full purse. So the idea that she was fighting for free wasn't true (at that point).

There's obviously a chance that had she took the fight no questions instantly, she'd still be cut. But I doubt it. She goes out and wins, she on a 3 fight streak since losing to Cyborg.

Tigger wrote: »
    Dc looses every championship challenge he’s ever made

lol DC is a beast who only ever lost to the goat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

cliggg wrote: »
    The poster for 225 which basically confirms CM Punk is getting ppv points and is probably the 3rd last fight of the night.

Did it need to be confirmed?? I don’t think there was ever any doubt he would be getting a (probably substantial) cut of the PPV. Unfortunately for the sport of MMA, it will be his name that will be attracting the most PPV buys.

cliggg wrote: »

It's hurts my eyes seeing cm punk on that poster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ricero wrote: »
    lol DC is a beast who only ever lost to the goat

Only ever lost to a drugs cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kevin Lee getting nice and racist:

https://streamable.com/s03xw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Mellor wrote: »
    Varies considerably from gym to gym. In terms of both their "style" of teaching, as well as the current stage of the syllabus.

I've been in classes that were based on cage work specific to MMA.
    Others were grappling based, focusing on the differences between nogi and mma. (eg turtle is a relatively good position to get to in BJJ, it's terrible in mma).

Then there's MMA that has some sort of situational sparring - rolling with like strikes sort of thing.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    It really depends. Beginners classes will focus on BJJ and really fundamental striking. It will also be drills focused on increasing your fitness, prob be split up into 20 minutes warm up, stretches. 10-15 mins watching technique and than another 20 mins doing it with a partner and swapping positions. After a few classes you'll prob do some light rolling at the end.

After a while the classes will become more regimented, with dedicated Muay Thai, BJJ, wrestling etc all on their own nights. Sparring class would be separate too.

thanks for the reply but think i will just stick at the bjj and mike it up between gi and no gi

haha ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Poor attempt at getting a fight with McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Can you imagine if Conor said the same thing about African Americans?

• Advertisement

miocicmma wrote: »
    Can you imagine if Conor said the same thing about African Americans?

I don't usually indulge in those arguments but you are right. Whenever you generalize about a race of people like that there is a high probability you are being racist.

Who will get the next shot at Khabib?

Poirier, Alvarez, Lee, McGregor?

I don't usually indulge in those arguments but you are right. Whenever you generalize about a race of people like that there is a high probability you are being racist.

Personally I don't believe Lee is a racist. He's just trying to wind up McGregor.

miocicmma wrote: »
    Who will get the next shot at Khabib?

Poirier, Alvarez, Lee, McGregor?

mc gregor if he wants it

outside of him I think poirier might get the nod, don't see Lee getting it just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Damn, Ponzinibbio injured and out of the Chile main event. They lost the co-main a few weeks ago. Usman said he will only fight a ranked replacement or he won't stay on the card. I wonder if Gamebred is available, he hasn't fought since November.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

To talk about everything except fighting. He gets great guests but chats mostly about absolute bull****. You can see the fighters cringe at times with some of the questions

Khabib confirms November/December return. Long wait for a title fight in a red hot division. Will McGregor come back before that I wonder

Khabib confirms November/December return. Long wait for a title fight in a red hot division. Will McGregor come back before that I wonder

If it was up to the UFC owners alone, It would be McGregor in Vegas. But it depends on the state of New York. They could potentially revoke his visa, stopping him from fighting in the US. An easy solution would be to fight in Toronto.

• Advertisement

Conor McGregor vs. a monkey with a knife on International waters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement