Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The only non-title fight I see McGregor taking would be against Nate.

So unless we see the Trilogy fight around the end of the summer, then looks like his next fight will be against Khabib in NY.

If both happened that would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The only non-title fight I see McGregor taking would be against Nate.

So unless we see the Trilogy fight around the end of the summer, then looks like his next fight will be against Khabib in NY.

If both happened that would be sweet.

He'd 100% take a GSP fight too, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He'd 100% take a GSP fight too, I think.

If it is an exhibition fight I see him fighting GSP before Nate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I think he'd be mad to take that fight. GSP would just do to him what he did to Nick.

And by that I don't mean get his medical team to poison McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

miocicmma wrote: »
    Personally I don't believe Lee is a racist. He's just trying to wind up McGregor.

He knows he can get away with it, it's pretty f*cking obvious that he's bull****ting I don't think anyone should really getting offended over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So what do we make of this Rory vs Askren, Champ vs Champ chatter?

Think Bellator and One FC will make a deal and do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ricero wrote: »

Lol "my dad was convicted of importing and distributing anabolic steroids but I have no idea why people don't believe I'm all natty"!

Sage, you scamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I put on 25lbs [in two months since I fought]
    Well Sage, that's exactly the deal tbh.
    Somebody needs to explain to the rascal how those sprinkles on his fruit loops work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

aldo Vs stephens to be co main at ufc in calgary july 28

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    aldo Vs stephens to be co main at ufc in calgary july 28
    If that's the co-main of a Fox card then the main must be something big. Who is a big Canadian name they have? (Aside from GSP obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

cliggg wrote: »
    If that's the co-main of a Fox card then the main must be something big. Who is a big Canadian name they have? (Aside from GSP obviously)

There isn't really any I can think of. Aubin-Mercier is having a good run but is nowhere near main event level, not over Aldo-Stephens anyway.

There isn't really any I can think of. Aubin-Mercier is having a good run but is nowhere near main event level, not over Aldo-Stephens anyway.
    Yeah I just assumed it would have a Canadian in it but I just saw they're trying to book Montano V Shevchenko for the Flyweight belt as the main event. It would be great if Shevchenko wins & Jędrzejczyk moves up to challenge her for the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

There is a rumour gunnar is injured and out of his fight with magny :(

Rogan is doing a fight companion for Fedor Vs Mir. Nice.

Is Danis on the main card? Highly unlikely but I'd love to see the mcgegor kicked out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Can it be seen on any tv channel?

Mod: Dont post about illegal streams...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

around what time will dillon be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭cletus

Is Danis on the main card? Highly unlikely but I'd love to see the mcgegor kicked out of him

He's first fight on the main card. The guy he's fighting has a 2-4 record so...

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    He's first fight on the main card. The guy he's fighting has a 2-4 record so...
    That's better than Danis's 0-0 record anyway!
    Deadst4r wrote: »
    There is a rumour gunnar is injured and out of his fight with magny frown.png
    Crap, he injured his knee and needs surgery. I guess the main and co-main event of that particular fight night were to much too hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭cletus

Deadst4r wrote: »
    There is a rumour gunnar is injured and out of his fight with magny :(

Looks like its more than just a rumour

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/4/28/17296268/gunnar-nelson-injured-out-ufc-liverpool-co-main-event-vs-neil-magny-mma-news

• Registered Users Posts: 12,233 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That's a lose lose for the fans.

Lost Nelson, and there's not much pressure on the UFC to replace him or make much effort to salvage the main event as its already long sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You can say a lot of things about Chael Sonnen. With the Bad Gut Inc schtick, gangster weight champ gimmick, and endless trolling.
    He he has balls imo. The guys in the HW GP might be over the hill, but they are all throwing serious leather for that first round. With his next match, he'll have faced faced;

Anderson Silva at Middleweight
    Jon Jones at Light Heavyweight
    Fedor at Heavyweight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

And all while delivering some of the best pre-fight and post-fight lines in the history of MMA.

The "Carrot to a Bus" story always makes me laugh :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MagicIRL wrote: »
    And all while delivering some of the best pre-fight and post-fight lines in the history of MMA.

I think the best was when he was doing a promo for the Jon Jones fight at LHW and a reporter brings up that he hasn't fought at LHW in 8 years. Chael's response, 'I also haven't lost at LHW in 8 years, no one else in the LHW division can say that'. Absolute genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

MagicIRL wrote: »

Only came across a video of all the times he's told that story last week, was weak laughing at it :D

Jedrzejczyk v Torres for the UFC on Fox card July 28, the same card as Aldo v Stephens. Did not see any sign of this fight coming at all, I thought for sure Joanna would be moving up to flyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jedrzejczyk v Torres for the UFC on Fox card July 28, the same card as Aldo v Stephens. Did not see any sign of this fight coming at all, I thought for sure Joanna would be moving up to flyweight.

She won't go near flyweight while Shevchenko is up there, especially when she butchers Montano for the belt. Shevchenko has three wins over Jedrzejczyk (albeit in Muay Thai) so I can't imagine she's keen for a 4th. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Not crazy about this match up at all.
    I like torres and she always puts on a good show but for me this is a fight she can't possible win, doubt she'll win a round

wouldn't it be some craic if jeremy beat jose :D
    if someone suggested a few years ago that jeremy would be main card with jose I'd be sending them to the loony bin

jj wins this and is probably one fight away from fighting rose again if rose is still on top

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement