Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

D'Agger wrote: »
    I guess my big problem with all of this is seeing Artem Lobov make an analogy regarding F1 racing here for EPO being an advantage. If you don't know that EPO provides a huge advantage, then you need somebody other than Artem teaching you about a whole different host of things other than how this is like an F1 Car with more petrol.

It's like the Father Ted episode with the cows being small or far away, except Artem is being serious and for some reason it's been lauded here as a great analogy. I simply don't get how the fúck you need an analogy to explain that EPO provided a gigantic advantage to TJ. Whoever questions that shouldn't be facilitated but perhaps I'm being ignorant - if so it doesn't bother me, if people here are happy I'm happy, if they're mad because I don't appreciate Artems comments on the matter then I'm grand about it :D
    Not everyone is going know what EPO is. There were literally a couple of posts here asking what does it do. If it wasn't for the cycling debacle, none of us would know tbh.
    I guarantee at least half the people who know that "EPO improves your cardio" don't actually know how it actually does that - by raising haematocrit.

And whether or not people should need an analogy, is entirely separate to whether or not it's an good analogy.
    I didn't need EPO explianed to me via race car analogy, but I didn't think his analogy was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mellor wrote: »
    Not everyone is going know what EPO is. There were literally a couple of posts here asking what does it do. If it wasn't for the cycling debacle, none of us would know tbh.
    I guarantee at least half the people who know that "EPO improves your cardio" don't actually know how it actually does that - by raising haematocrit.

And whether or not people should need an analogy, is entirely separate to whether or not it's an good analogy.
    I didn't need EPO explianed to me via race car analogy, but I didn't think his analogy was bad.

Fair point made, given the collective lines I've now written about an on-the-fly opinion over Artems tweet, I'm happy to bundle them all up as a rant now (shoutout to ultimate seduction *finger guns at the screen) and close this off.

*Stamps post with "Unpopular" seal

FWIW I think me annoyance stems from Artems bareknuckle fight, I'm legitimately frustrated that he might be one of the factors in that promotion gaining traction or rising in popularity so I think any tweet I see from him is garnering a bit of disdain.

Fair point made, given the collective lines I've now written about an on-the-fly opinion over Artems tweet, I'm happy to bundle them all up as a rant now (shoutout to ultimate seduction *finger guns at the screen) and close this off.

*Stamps post with "Unpopular" seal

FWIW I think me annoyance stems from Artems bareknuckle fight, I'm legitimately frustrated that he might be one of the factors in that promotion gaining traction or rising in popularity so I think any tweet I see from him is garnering a bit of disdain.

Begrudging someone making a living just because you don't like how they do it, the Irish mentality is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

press conference about to start. free to watch on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ASOT wrote: »
    Begrudging someone making a living just because you don't like how they do it, the Irish mentality is alive and well.

How is that an inherent Irish mentality out of interest? Is it more Irish to state one man's opinion represents and entire state/nation? I actually gave my comment some thought, and inwardly reflected on what might have caused my flippancy towards his initial tweet - feel free to argue the merits of it rather than just point and tutt

Dana said Brock is MIA, and that it's looking like Stipe v Cormier in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Coach Kav is on the late late tonight

• Advertisement

Dana said Brock is MIA, and that it's looking like Stipe v Cormier in the summer.

That's the fight I want to see, delighted

That's the fight I want to see, delighted

Yup, me too. Fair, interesting, happy for Stipe - hope it gets done and that they both get paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads...ye hardly believe Dana do ye...ffs

Reckon I might get up in the early hours to catch the two main fights because I've a tonne of study to do and this might be the perfect way to get me to haul myself up for it. What time are we looking for the co-main to kick off roughly, 4:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Reckon I might get up in the early hours to catch the two main fights because I've a tonne of study to do and this might be the perfect way to get me to haul myself up for it. What time are we looking for the co-main to kick off roughly, 4:30?

I'd say 4.15 to be safe. Could be quick finishes in either of the Light Heavyweight fights

Main card does start until 3 so I'd say 4.30 be plenty of time, it's a ppv so it'll be dragged out anyway even if there is quick finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Main card does start until 3 so I'd say 4.30 be plenty of time, it's a ppv so it'll be dragged out anyway even if there is quick finishes.
    was deadly for a week or two there before the clock change

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jason happy with his pay, will be interesting to see what the ppv is.

https://twitter.com/Jasonthekid23/status/1117069138369961985?s=19

Glad I woke up for those two fights, unbelievable entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Glad I woke up for those two fights, unbelievable entertainment

I was so wrecked after the first I wasn't sure if I would have the stamina for the main.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Bisping said he was getting $1.75 per PPV sold as champion.. Not bad atall?

Bisping said he was getting $1.75 per PPV sold as champion.. Not bad atall?

Wow. Nice chunk of change considering the GSP fight did nearly 900k buys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wow. Nice chunk of change considering the GSP fight did nearly 900k buys

Yeah. Even the Hendo fight would have earned him a nice few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Just a heads up for next time, but there's some good alarm apps that will wake you in time for fights. I think I've used Alarm For UFC Fights before with good results. I'm sure there's options on iPhone too.

xckjoo wrote: »
    Just a heads up for next time, but there's some good alarm apps that will wake you in time for fights. I think I've used Alarm For UFC Fights before with good results. I'm sure there's options on iPhone too.

That's class thanks.

Ah I just seen there's a monthly charge, not as good so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

That's class thanks.

Ah I just seen there's a monthly charge, not as good so.

Woops. Hadn't noticed that. Either there wasn't a charge when I used it or I was on some trial :pac:
    If I come across a free one I'll post it up. In the mean time, countdownmma.com might help setting your own alarms.

Awesome! Hope this works out for Burt, he's a legend. Even if he gets some UFC fighters to show up in support.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1118313423207579649?s=19

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Awesome! Hope this works out for Burt, he's a legend. Even if he gets some UFC fighters to show up in support.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1118313423207579649?s=19

Burt is the man, miss him on embedded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement