Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think he means worse for his reputation, or legacy. TJ's break out with was the taking the title from Barao. A fight were he displayed a rentkess pace for 5 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Should be banned for life,

You have a guys who test positive who mite just have a valid excuses like tainted supplements , I know its unlikely but it is possible ,

When its EPO there is no question of his cheating absolutely none so he should be banned for LIFE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Nal wrote: »
    Me too. Very interesting fight.

DC beats Brock every where , Better wrestler, better cardio, better chin, better striking ,

He is the worst match up for Brock ,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    sorry i worded that wrong. what i meant was does this make tj look worse because the benefits of EPO seem to be the reasons why he won his fights.

As in if it was steroids he popped for that improved his strength that wouldnt be as bad as him popping for EPO.

again not sure i am wording this right

Ah, I get you now. Steroid or EPO, I think it negatively affects his legacy regardless. Even if it was just a steroid he took, it still makes you question any of the results and whether he'd have won the fight without it.

I think EPO makes it looks a lot worse because EPO can only be taken through blood doping. He can't claim it's from something like a tainted supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

DC beats Brock every where , Better wrestler, better cardio, better chin, better striking ,

This.

DC is what Brock wishes he could be.
    If he somehow can't take Brock down, he'll puck him in the face a few times, Brock will shell up as he doesn't like being punched in the face, DC will swarm and **** him up.

Profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This.

If he somehow can't take Brock down, he'll puck him in the face a few times, Brock will shell up as he doesn't like being punched in the face, DC will swarm and **** him up.

Profit.

While I agree thats the most likely outcome, Lesnar is a giant of a human so anythings possible. One punch from him could change everything. Either way its interesting.

I hope DC leathers him.

While I agree thats the most likely outcome, Lesnar is a giant of a human so anythings possible. One punch from him could change everything. Either way its interesting.

I hope DC leathers him.
    He is indeed a giant, but Rumble hit DC with absolute bombs and couldn't KO him. I reckon he'll be fine against Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I'm always surprised more people don't pop for EPO. Endurance is such an important part of the sport.

This.

Profit.

Hope so but I think Brocks fear of getting punched in the face is overstated. Who the hell wants to be hit in the face by Shane Carwin or Mark Hunt? DC has proven knockout power at heavyweight, but it's still not Carwin or Hunt level. Luckily DC should have him in grappling too. I'm predicting Lesnar explodes off the blocks as usual but DC weathers the early storm and then grinds him down. I guess DC could keep it standing to win too, but I'd say he'll want to grapple with Lesnar.

When its EPO there is no question of his cheating absolutely none so he should be banned for LIFE
    With a lot of PED failures, it's unquestionably cheating just as much as EPO. Tainted supplements isn't possible for
    many steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

xckjoo wrote: »
    I'm always surprised more people don't pop for EPO. Endurance is such an important part of the sport.

Hope so but I think Brocks fear of getting punched in the face is overstated. Who the hell wants to be hit in the face by Shane Carwin or Mark Hunt? DC has proven knockout power at heavyweight, but it's still not Carwin or Hunt level. Luckily DC should have him in grappling too. I'm predicting Lesnar explodes off the blocks as usual but DC weathers the early storm and then grinds him down. I guess DC could keep it standing to win too, but I'd say he'll want to grapple with Lesnar.

Spot on assessment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

They never tested for it according to Schaub but started to now with a new test, so he thinks more will be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Me too. Very interesting fight.

Still has 100% of his intestines too.

Cain ****ed him up too.

DC may not have the power in his hands that Hunt or Carwin have, but he can still do damage, plus if Brock panic shoots, he'll be well able.
    The whole Diverticulitis thing with Brock will be against him as well.

Unless it's a freak KO, I don't see where he can beat DC.

ASOT wrote: »
    They never tested for it according to Schaub but started to now with a new test, so he thinks more will be caught.
    That's surprising. Not like the tests don't exist and using EPO as a PED must be pretty advanced from cycling. Where did Schaub talk about it?

Cain ****ed him up too.

DC may not have the power in his hands that Hunt or Carwin have, but he can still do damage, plus if Brock panic shoots, he'll be well able.
    The whole Diverticulitis thing with Brock will be against him as well.

Unless it's a freak KO, I don't see where he can beat DC.
    Ya, I'm not giving Lesnar more than a punchers chance.

Explosiveness + PEDs vs Technique + Dad Bod :pac:

That's surprising. Not like the tests don't exist and using EPO as a PED must be pretty advanced from cycling. Where did Schaub talk about it?

Explosiveness + PEDs vs Technique + Dad Bod :pac:

From his most recent podcast, I havnt a clue how accurate it is or the full details but there will be more failures on the way by the sounds of it.

https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1115701333649047552?s=19

With TJ as well they went and tested a previous sample and stung him on that also, they should just start testing old samples of people now and see how many pop :pac:

xckjoo wrote:
    It's a slight misquote. Schaub spoke about a new test for EPO.

They've had a test for years, fighters have been caught before (Chael, Bagautinov, Tibeau). But compared to total use, people beat it all the time with microdosing or whatever. Lance Armstrong beat the EPO test constantly.

Plus, they don't run every test every time. If makes more sense to run the tests that are catching people in MMA.

Explosiveness + PEDs vs Technique + Dad Bod
    Brock' size and swoleness make people overlook his grappling ability. He may not be the most technical wrestler, but he was pretty accomplished all the same.

From his most recent podcast, I havnt a clue how accurate it is or the full details but there will be more failures on the way by the sounds of it.

Fighter and the Kid or does he have one on his own? Schaub + Callum/Rogan/whoever gets tedious. Too much talk about mens bodies and dick size. It's as tedious as the lads who drone on about hot chicks and what they'd like to do to them.

Fighter and the Kid or does he have one on his own? Schaub + Callum/Rogan/whoever gets tedious. Too much talk about mens bodies and dick size. It's as tedious as the lads who drone on about hot chicks and what they'd like to do to them.

Apologies for not linking, yeah he has his own.

http://podbay.fm/show/1210250626

Mellor wrote: »
    It's a slight misquote. Schaub spoke about a new test for EPO.

https://www.twitter.com/fullcontactmtwf/status/1115701333649047552

They've had a test for years, fighters have been caught before (Chael, Bagautinov, Tibeau). But compared to total use, people beat it all the time with microdosing or whatever. Lance Armstrong beat the EPO test constantly.

Plus, they don't run every test every time. If makes more sense to run the tests that are catching people in MMA.
    Ah that makes more sense. Probably a lot of people bricking it right now so. Think Armstrong mainly beat it by cheating the test system more than the tests themselves, but could be wrong.
    Brock' size and swoleness make people overlook his grappling ability. He may not be the most technical wrestler, but he was pretty accomplished all the same.
    Brock would probably destroy most people in the planet in a grappling match, but DC is more technical and has the experience of training and competing at the highest levels for the past whatever number of years, so I'd hope he'll come out on top. Honestly, the fact that there's even a debate that Brock can win (as he has done before), is a testament to his ability. It's like an archer competing in darts championships or something :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That's some Journal.ie level bullshít from Calavitta, wow.

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's some Journal.ie level bullshít from Calavitta, wow.

Duanes wasn't much better

https://twitter.com/DUANEBANGCOM/status/1115837309692325888?s=19

They all without a doubt knew what was going on. That fella Juan Archuleta as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

"Making mistakes" ah Duane. How many years has he been " making mistakes" now then? Did he inject himself with the wrong PED inadvertently?

I bet TJ won't be the last one to pop for EPO in the next few weeks too.

Ben Askren is signed to grapple Jordan Burroughs in MSG Theatre on May 6th as per Helwanis sources.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1115998830984671232?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Got to hand it to Askren, he's really exploiting his time in the limelight. Dare I say his delayed entry to the UFC has ultimately done him favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

if he beats Burroughs, which he wont...but if he managed too...the hype will be very very real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I think he means worse for his reputation, or legacy. TJ's break out with was the taking the title from Barao. A fight were he displayed a rentkess pace for 5 rounds.

exactly what i meant :D

what is jk response originally from?
    Duanes wasn't much better

https://twitter.com/DUANEBANGCOM/status/1115837309692325888?s=19

They all without a doubt knew what was going on. That fella Juan Archuleta as well

that crap about being his ninja is pure cringe.

why did they stop at his dec sample why not go back further?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not a fan of Ben but he has some good ones.

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1116008440600522752?s=19

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    what is jk response originally from?

Its the famous speech from Macbeth with some changes to the wording obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Calavita on the podcast with rogan and TJ and how they constantly monitor their athletes 24/7 and know everything about every supplement etc etc.. Such crap.

At this stage I just presume all pro athletes are on some type of performance enhancer and I can live with that. There is too much money in pro sports to miss out for the sake of principles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement