Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

VW 1 wrote: »
    He may be smaller but a few months ago he was looking a hell of a lot softer than he is there.

That makes sense. Come off the juice, lose muscle and then start slowly building to heavyweight.

He looks exactly like a juice head whos now clean should look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He could be juiced up to his eyeballs and DC will still mill him, little interest in the fight myself it won't be competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Just watched it earlier. I'm of the same opinion to other posts above. they looked like 2 drunks wildly swinging for 10 minutes. In fairness, they both took a lot of damage.

I think Paulie will be just too technical and won't get hit much vs Artem.

Anyone know who the guy was in Artem's corner and what's the deal with the face bandana :D.
    Also, Artems cut guy had a look of Jack Black about him :P

j7yqXBY.jpg

I wonder if you're right mate? Conventional wisdom would agree. There was not much (if any) technical skill on show on Saturday night, but loads of heart and guys and girls that are as tough as nails. The question for me is, will Paulie get to use his technical skills or is BKFC, by definition, always going to be a slugfest?
    I think it might because I don't think bareknuckle is just as simple as boxing with no gloves. The gloves are a defensive weapon so it takes away that peek a boo defense which often provides a foundation for the jab. Speaking of jabs, I didn't see to may of those either. Maybe because these guys are poor practitioners or maybe because bareknuckle itself draws the fighters into a war. Knight said numerous times in the build to the fight that he was going to fight smart and keep his distance, yet he ends up in a street brawl and if it gets to a street brawl, i don't think Paulie has the balls to last the amount of abuse Artem can take. The quick two minute rounds and circular ring also force fighters to go all out early on.
    Anyway, I'll be watching with interest June 22.

TJ banned two years by USADA, won't appeal it and will be back in 2021. He tested positive for EPO.

Shaub was saying they have a new test for EPO that they didn't have before but I don't know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

ASOT wrote: »
    TJ banned two years by USADA, won't appeal it and will be back in 2021. He tested positive for EPO.

Shaub was saying they have a new test for EPO that they didn't have before but I don't know how true that is.

A nightmare for him with a rough cut down to 135, losing in the 1st and now banned for two years. Not the timeline most people saw.

• Advertisement

A nightmare for him with a rough cut down to 135, losing in the 1st and now banned for two years. Not the timeline most people saw.

Im delighted, for once its a substance where a "tainted supplements" defence can't be used. Caught absolutely red handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Im delighted, for once its a substance where a "tainted supplements" defence can't be used. Caught absolutely red handed.

Can't disagree but he was probably my favourite fighter to watch. Crazy how it all worked out.

Can't disagree but he was probably my favourite fighter to watch. Crazy how it all worked out.

From being on top of the world after getting his belt back to this, astrix over his whole career now. More people to be caught now according to Schaub I'd say certain fighters are ****ting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Absolutely, **** him. Taints absolutely everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He could be juiced up to his eyeballs and DC will still mill him, little interest in the fight myself it won't be competitive.

Interested to see DC’s game plan.
    I think Brock is a really bad match up for him.

Yeah he’s been sensational the last few years, loved watching him as well.
    Very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭rob316

EPO! That's what Lance Armstrong was using, you inject it, it's as delibirate as it comes.

**** him.

rob316 wrote: »
    EPO! That's what Lance Armstrong was using, you inject it, it's as delibirate as it comes.

**** him.

Exactly there's no defence hes a cheating ****.

Some stones on TJ to be going on Joe Rogan and pushing his vitamins, cryo chambers, ice baths the lot when he was just whacking epo out of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

Be interesting to see if Rogan addresses it on a podcast. In my eyes the more lads they pop for stuff like this the better, I know we will likely never see fully clean competition, but the more fear there is to use, the cleaner the athletes get imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

https://youtu.be/6laNc6Qvcfg

but guys give him a break he worked so hard for 12 weeks:rolleyes:

nearly crying and very angry.......roid rage????

Not a great look for Duane Ludwig or Sam Calavitta either.

The "I'm a man of science and numbers bit" of his made me laugh: https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/tj-dillashaw-weight-cut-sam-calavitta-henry-cejudo-ufc-flyweight-title-espn-plus-1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,634 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it internet mean to be happy for Cody?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭cletus

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/6laNc6Qvcfg

but guys give him a break he worked so hard for 12 weeks:rolleyes:

nearly crying and very angry.......roid rage????

Except it's not a steroid...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mdwexford wrote: »
    Interested to see DC’s game plan.
    I think Brock is a really bad match up for him.

Me too. Very interesting fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cali_girl wrote: »

Sure didn't he let it slip at a presser that TJ showed Team Alpha Male how to do steroids or something along those lines, wouldn't be surprised if that whole gym were on the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Cali_girl wrote: »

Cody's a meathead but it's hard not to feel for him here.

Thank God Henry spanked TJ and not the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,634 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, the special EpO testing isn't done on all samples but can be done on previous ones.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1115736603002122240?s=19

cletus wrote: »
    Except it's not a steroid...

my apologies. so if it is not a steroid what is it and what is the benefit from it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

my apologies. so if it is not a steroid what is it and what is the benefit from it

It lets your blood carry more oxygen so helps your cardio and endurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Increases Red blood cell count, which means blood carries more oxygen (per litre), which in turn means V02maX and stamina are both significantly increased.
    Typically you see it in distance runners, cyclists (Lance Armstrong). But has turned up in sprinters too.

TJ isn;t the first fighter to pop for it. Ali Bagautinov, Gleison Tibau and Chael Sonnen all popped for it in the past - Chael was the first MMA fighter to pop for EPO I believe

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It lets your blood carry more oxygen so helps your cardio and endurance.
    Mellor wrote: »
    Increases Red blood cell count, which means blood carries more oxygen (per litre), which in turn means V02maX and stamina are both significantly increased.
    Typically you see it in distance runners, cyclists (Lance Armstrong). But has turned up in sprinters too.

TJ isn;t the first fighter to pop for it. Ali Bagautinov, Gleison Tibau and Chael Sonnen all popped for it in the past - Chael was the first MMA fighter to pop for EPO I believe

thanks for explaining this. so would i be right to say that this is worse for tj because of his style of fighting?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

thanks for explaining this. so would i be right to say that this is worse for tj because of his style of fighting?

What do you mean by worse? I can't see any situation where having more oxygen in your blood would be worse for performance.

• Advertisement

What do you mean by worse? I can't see any situation where having more oxygen in your blood would be worse for performance.

sorry i worded that wrong. what i meant was does this make tj look worse because the benefits of EPO seem to be the reasons why he won his fights.

As in if it was steroids he popped for that improved his strength that wouldnt be as bad as him popping for EPO.

again not sure i am wording this right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement