Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Seemingly the new Warlock aspect - Freeze everything in your rift - works well with Vesper of Radius, it'll send out a pulse that'll kill everything low level you just froze.
    Pair that with the class ability energy on kills thing and you've got a nice panic button with pretty good uptime.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So I picked up beoyond light a week ago. Finished the story and sitting at 1203 light i think. I enjoyed the story but im kind of a bit lost now. I dont know what to be doing next haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kimbot wrote: »
    So I picked up beoyond light a week ago. Finished the story and sitting at 1203 light i think. I enjoyed the story but im kind of a bit lost now. I dont know what to be doing next haha

Level up for the raid. Deep Stone Crypt is easily the best raid in Destiny 2. We'll pull you through when you are ready.

There's the aspects/empire hunts to get, which are kind of after story missions.
    Also have Season of the hunt to look at if you got that, nothing too tricky in it.
    Exotic weapons, ritual/pinnacle/whatever they're called now weapon to get and it's skins.

Decent bit to do, plus the raid obviously. Haven't done that yet myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tazzimus wrote: »
    There's the aspects/empire hunts to get, which are kind of after story missions.
    Also have Season of the hunt to look at if you got that, nothing too tricky in it.
    Exotic weapons, ritual/pinnacle/whatever they're called now weapon to get and it's skins.

Decent bit to do, plus the raid obviously. Haven't done that yet myself.

Yeah I got the season pass etc. Its just a bit all over the place at the moment. I should be able to get rid of a questline or two later and clean things up a bit for myself.

• Advertisement

Level up for the raid. Deep Stone Crypt is easily the best raid in Destiny 2. We'll pull you through when you are ready.

Havent even watched a video of it yet. I might watch one later and see what its like :)

Yeah I got the season pass etc. Its just a bit all over the place at the moment. I should be able to get rid of a questline or two later and clean things up a bit for myself.
    Yeah I was a bit overloaded when the campaign ended, but you get on top of it eventually.
    Just the power grind and seal triumphs mainly for me, Season of the Hunt has a few grindy ones in particular.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Yeah I was a bit overloaded when the campaign ended, but you get on top of it eventually.
    Just the power grind and seal triumphs mainly for me, Season of the Hunt has a few grindy ones in particular.

ive never been bothered with the seals, I just want to get my raid on again :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the seal alone for beyond light is going to take a while. not the seasonal one, that's pretty straight forward.

raid is good, cleared on all characters this week and going straight back in tonight after reset on mains again, need the pinnacles and more importantly that rocket launcher. it is a fun raid, the flawless and the challenges on it should be fun (don't think the flawless is going to be as tough as crown of sorrows was.

we are due a higher level hunt as well right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still grinding my way to 1240 to get into the raid, still enjoying my warlock. Wished its Super was a little more impressive but it does its job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Still grinding my way to 1240 to get into the raid, still enjoying my warlock. Wished its Super was a little more impressive but it does its job.

I just got 1240 today :) is the cap 1250 and then pinnacles after?
    Slowly working through the lament quest too and then I’ll prob hop on the raid/grab the solo chests. Bit annoying having to do the story missions on all characters though, not sure if I’ll do it.

So I got a few of those niggly quests done last night. So I will plow away this evening and hopefully have another 2/3 quests out of my way :)

I done the mission "???" last night with the 3/4 bosses at the end that give me tokens for wishender. Holy crapola, it was a pain in the rear to finish on my own haha

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Does anyone know when people who didn't preorder Beyond Light will get access to No Time To Explain?

Does anyone know when people who didn't preorder Beyond Light will get access to No Time To Explain?

Next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Even with the new weapons i seem to have gone back to:

Thorn
    Gnawing
    Guillotine

Or

Biting winds
    Erianas
    Guillotine

For strikes and most PVE content, Use the thorn loadout in Crucible sometimes (ie once a week to get my pinnacles)

I use Lament for most things, it absolutely deletes everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Been playing around with the iron banner hand cannon.. actually a lot of fun in crucible and I normally don’t like those types of hand cannons (similar to true prophecy). Still need to finish the quests for the lament and salvations grip.

Lament is ace, but we ran last wish during the week, and it was muck. All ended up back on falling guillotine . It's great for the other stuff though.

The new raid weapons are very very good . The scout rifle is a lot of fun in PvP, have gotten a few of the hand cannons, nothing I love yet in terms of a roll on it so jury is out. Machine gun heavy is nice too

The PS5 version is a different beast, I was giving out 2 weeks ago about my titan been clunky when trying to turn and its flawless on the ps5. Load times are so much better too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Would this be an OK time to start playing destiny for the first time? Myself and a friend recently enough got new PCs and are looking for some kinda online coop games to get into (been playing portal 2 a lot). Thinking about starting into either this or division 2.

Would this be an OK time to start playing destiny for the first time? Myself and a friend recently enough got new PCs and are looking for some kinda online coop games to get into (been playing portal 2 a lot). Thinking about starting into either this or division 2.

Yes its easy to get into (now :D ) if both of you complete the new light campaign together you will have some free content to get through.

If you like it you can think about getting the beyond light DLC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Did the new raid for the first time tonight. Really enjoyed it. Not too hard but the setting and mechanics are cool. Got the raid exotic too on first try :P Eyes of Tomorrow, rocket launcher that targets and shoots lots of lads. Seems class so far

Finally got around to being Sherpad for the raid, that is awesome. Easily the best raid in the game.

Altho quite a lot of glitchy easy options wonder if thats intentional.

Music is brilliant.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finally got around to being Sherpad for the raid, that is awesome. Easily the best raid in the game.

Altho quite a lot of glitchy easy options wonder if thats intentional.

Music is brilliant.

Yeah, not the most difficult of raids. It is fun though which makes up for Garden being an absolute ball ache.

Garden still wasn't as bad as Spire of Stars pre Well of Radiance.

have one challenge left for the raid seal, we've been knocking them out weekly, when the last one launches on reset next week will have them all done. willhave to see what to do then, it's a fun raid, but it's so easy. maybe speed runs, fastest so far is 37 mins, think sub 30 is easily doable. 3 or 4 man attempts as well i think.

never did the garden seal, so that could be next. i like garden, have about 30 clears on it and still enjoy it. getting close to that on DSC now as well.

mossym wrote: »
    have one challenge left for the raid seal, we've been knocking them out weekly, when the last one launches on reset next week will have them all done. willhave to see what to do then, it's a fun raid, but it's so easy. maybe speed runs, fastest so far is 37 mins, think sub 30 is easily doable. 3 or 4 man attempts as well i think.

never did the garden seal, so that could be next. i like garden, have about 30 clears on it and still enjoy it. getting close to that on DSC now as well.

Going by the name of the challenge it will be depositing all 4 cores in one go instead of 2 and 2.

Going by the name of the challenge it will be depositing all 4 cores in one go instead of 2 and 2.

In my only run thats how we did it.

Hi lads,

Got (back) into the game on Xbox over Christmas, and was looking to (re)join the Xbox Clan. This one:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=1687439

Is that still active? I know a couple of others looking to join a clan too.

Never mind, got accepted to that after.

• Advertisement

This glitch needs to be made a feature, stupid as it is. It looks hilarious and for a day or 2 a season, let this be a thing.

Advertisement