Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finished Spire of Stars raid via Discord LFG :cool:

1 sherpa with the patience of an angel and 5 randomers, did it tho :D

Well done man. As Sniper said, that boss encounter is an absolute clusterfcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

New DLC trailer out last night.

Seems we get a new Super ability element - "Stasis" which is an ice super.

Giving up 4 planets for 1 new planet and a new Super, all for the low low price of 69.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8Rg9tivRQ

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

New DLC trailer out last night.

Seems we get a new Super ability element - "Stasis" which is an ice super.

Giving up 4 planets for 1 new planet and a new Super, all for the low low price of 69.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8Rg9tivRQ

Thoughts?

Without knowing what is on that planet.... fook knows?

I currently do eff all on Io or Nessus. I go to Mercury for the Vex lost sector and Mars for the Cabal or Hive lost sector. Other than that I don't go to those planets, unless I am doing strikes (Beyond Light will need to bring a bunch of strikes or that playlist is fooked.

We don't know the size or Europa.
    We don't know the number of strikes.
    We don't know the number Crucible maps.
    We don't know what they plan to utilise the Cosmodrome for.

Its not just a new Super. It is new grenades and class abilities. It is new subclass ability structure (for stasis). It is a new weapon damage type.

Yes, we are losing a lot of content. How much of that is actually used and actively played by most... I don't know. But we don't know what we are getting yet.

To say that it is 1 Super and 1 planet, for 69.99, just doesn't sit right with me. It downplays what we are very likely to get in reality, and 69.99 is also the price for the season pass included. it is 49.99 for Beyond Light on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

They did say in the ViDoc that it was something like 0.4% engagement with the planets being vaulted, compared to whatever the % was on how much those destinations take up in game data. From that perspective, I can understand their reasoning behind vaulting them.

Another thing, as alluded to by Mitch, with the new Stasis subclasses, is we don't know if we're getting 9 new supers (3 for each class, as per Arc/void/Solar) or if they are going with one per class, but with a bit more build flexibility similar to D1's Subclass system.

I have a feeling Europa will be quite a large Destination, maybe close to being on par with EDZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EoinHef wrote: »
    Fair play man,I need to get the finger out:(

Doing another one tonight.

"Completed" Zero hour but the person I was following went the wrong way tru some tunnels so I followed him and when he died, he respawned and went the right way but i was screwed at some cranes for about 15 minutes as I couldnt get back to where the right way was :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the moments emblem for all the 5 raids completed is really nice, i think it's one of the nicest they have done, rocking it on all my characters. spires is a b0))0x at the last phase, bet you are glad to have that one done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've done Spire once when it came out initially, and that was enough. Such a wanker of a final encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Doing another one tonight.

"Completed" Zero hour but the person I was following went the wrong way tru some tunnels so I followed him and when he died, he respawned and went the right way but i was screwed at some cranes for about 15 minutes as I couldnt get back to where the right way was :(

I'm away in Trim for the weekend with the family but ill be about next week for a run if your still doing them.

Spent the last 4 hours failing the one with Riven, not sure how people think Spires of Stars is hard, our sherpa left just before the final part. I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Spent the last 4 hours failing the one with Riven, not sure how people think Spires of Stars is hard, our sherpa left just before the final part. I gave up.

Riven is easily cheesed, don't know why a sherpa would ever attempt a legit clear. A team in a titan bubble with 6 swords rinses her.

The final section after can be tricky if everyone doesn't know where to go to get back to the bottom of the vault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Riven is easily cheesed, don't know why a sherpa would ever attempt a legit clear.

Otherwise it wouldn't be a real completion and that's what a lot of people would be looking for. I'm not against cheesing, I've done my fair share but that was about grabbing gear and being efficient with my play time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »
    Otherwise it wouldn't be a real completion and that's what a lot of people would be looking for. I'm not against cheesing, I've done my fair share but that was about grabbing gear and being efficient with my play time.

People who legitimately kill Riven are few and far between.

He left just as we needed to carry a heart? from the big dead monster around the stage. Didnt really pull that part off after a lot of tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CivilWAR07

Hey folks,

Myself and a few other Irish lads have a small PS4 clan that has been in existence for a few years.

We used to be a much bigger clan but slimmed down recently. Since then a few people became inactive so are looking to add 4 or 5 good quality active players in.

As a group we are on every night, very chill and do all levels of content and more importantly have great banter along the way.

All we are looking for is a few chill active players, +18 and who mic up and can communicate. We use the Clan app and there are no complications.

DM me for details :-)

Cheers for looking

Got Worldine Zero last night so think I am done on Mars now ( cba going for Crucible weapons in any DLC/season)

Moving onto The Black Armoury and it says I have 3/10 Legendary frames forged(for both weapons) but I have 7 according to light.gg
    I need Pulse Rifle, Hand Cannon and something else, this could take time but I can addin other bounties from the other 23 people to complete other things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/hzfi6o/here_are_your_cutoff_dates_for_completing_things/

Using this as a guide to complete as much as I can. They should remove the cap on things like 2 whatever Ada needs a week.

Scourge of the Past :cool: ✔
    Leviathan ✔
    Crown of Sorrows ✔

Good weekend for me in the LFG

Got Worldine Zero last night so think I am done on Mars now ( cba going for Crucible weapons in any DLC/season)

Moving onto The Black Armoury and it says I have 3/10 Legendary frames forged(for both weapons) but I have 7 according to light.gg
    I need Pulse Rifle, Hand Cannon and something else, this could take time but I can addin other bounties from the other 23 people to complete other things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/hzfi6o/here_are_your_cutoff_dates_for_completing_things/

Using this as a guide to complete as much as I can. They should remove the cap on things like 2 whatever Ada needs a week.

Hey man myself and a mate are doing the exact same grind as you. If you want to do it as a fire time let me know?

CivilWAR07 wrote: »
    Hey man myself and a mate are doing the exact same grind as you. If you want to do it as a fire time let me know?

Im on PC iif that matters. kdjac on steam

Have a good few to do resigned to not getting the pvp ones.

Need someone for Legend of Acrius Arms Dealer Strike, holy **** thats hard.

Arms Dealer ✔
    Pit of Heresy ✔ (thats cool)
    Prophecy ✔ (not cool)

2 raids to do Garden and Riven

Amazing what the threat of losing content does to you :D

Im on PC iif that matters. kdjac on steam

Have a good few to do resigned to not getting the pvp ones.

Need someone for Legend of Acrius Arms Dealer Strike, holy **** thats hard.

Darn it man we’re on PS4 🀷*♂️

• Advertisement

I kinda stumbled onto a PVE God like hunter build by accident.

Using seasonal mods and Trinity Ghoul with catalyst you can basically rain down lightening with every 2nd or 3rd shot.

Arc Class with Temptations Hook, Supercharged, Taking Fire, Lucent Blade I am basically Legolas and Thor combined.

I kinda stumbled onto a PVE God like hunter build by accident.

Using seasonal mods and Trinity Ghoul with catalyst you can basically rain down lightening with every 2nd or 3rd shot.

Arc Class with Temptations Hook, Supercharged, Taking Fire, Lucent Blade I am basically Legolas and Thor combined.
    Trinity Ghoul with the catalyst will give you the lighting perk after each kill instead of precision kill, which is much better now that you can actually kill a red bar in one shot.

Makes it a trash mob clearing monster.

This is like that time I had the Carbine in Division 2 before it was nerfed.

Trinity wasnt nerfed yesterday so another week of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Are they planning on nerfing it?

Doesnt everything get nerfed?

I miss that Carbine :D

I don't see a reason for it to be nerfed, it's not exactly OP.
    It's good for clearing trash mobs and that's about it, similar to Graviton Lance or Sunshot.
    Basically Stormtrance in a bow.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I don't see a reason for it to be nerfed, it's not exactly OP.
    It's good for clearing trash mobs and that's about it, similar to Graviton Lance or Sunshot.
    Basically Stormtrance in a bow.

If you use Last temptation sword you can do massive damage after firing a sword blast. Kinda need a bit of distance between you and a yellow bar tho and be fast switching to the bow.

Finally finished the Armoury for Jotuun and Le Monarque, had the rare bounty from weeks ago complete but not claimed. I got the new quest part and turned in the rare bounty.....no obsidian crystal.....so all week doing daily Ada bounties to get it again. It was get Arc/Solar/Void kills in armoury that was easily done as I was doing forges for Legendaries.........got the new Rare Bounty....... Charge the Batteries .....I have to do 23 more Forges to complete it. FFS

Here's everything being vaulted in more detail:

Strikes

The Pyramidion (Io)
    The Festering Core (Io)
    Savathûn's Song (Titan)
    Strange Terrain (Mars)
    Will of the Thousands (Mars)
    Tree of Probabilities (Mercury)
    A Garden World (Mercury)

Gambit maps

Cathedral of Scars (Dreaming City)
    Kell's Grave (Tangled Shore)

Crucible maps

Meltdown
    Solitude
    Retribution
    The Citadel
    Emperor's Respite
    Equinox
    Eternity
    Firebase Echo
    Gambler's Ruin
    Legion's Gulch
    Vostok

Crucible PvP modes

Supremacy
    Countdown
    Lockdown
    Breakthrough
    Doubles
    Momentum Control (returning during Year 4)
    Scorched (returning during Year 4)

Raids

Leviathan
    Eater of Worlds (Leviathan)
    Spire of Stars (Leviathan)
    Scourge of the Past (Last City)
    Crown of Sorrows (Leviathan)

Full list of vaulted stuff, just finished Last Wish so thats all the raids done for me.

I did not enjoy the Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Looking to get back into Destiny 2 again! Played a lot of Destiny 1, a small bit of Destiny 2 but that was when it was on battle.net (PC).

Currently downloading on steam - any ideas where to start re: DLC, which are the ones worth buying and others that aren’t necessary? I’ll prob play through the campaign missions etc and go from there.. have had an itching the last few days remembering the fun I had with Destiny 1 raids, so hoping to get to do those again in Destiny 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looking to get back into Destiny 2 again! Played a lot of Destiny 1, a small bit of Destiny 2 but that was when it was on battle.net (PC).

Currently downloading on steam - any ideas where to start re: DLC, which are the ones worth buying and others that aren’t necessary? I’ll prob play through the campaign missions etc and go from there.. have had an itching the last few days remembering the fun I had with Destiny 1 raids, so hoping to get to do those again in Destiny 2.

Depends on what you played before.

A lot of content will be disappearing in November so there will be story stuff and activities that you won't be able to do anymore come November.

This has the list of stuff going away, so if you have access to it already that is where I would start. (anything listed as 'Moving to DCV')

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49454

In terms of stuff to buy - maybe Foresaken and Shadowkeep, especially if you want to play the Raid associated with them (Last Wish and Garden of Salvation) but I wouldn't bother with any of the seasonal stuff at this point, if you can even still buy them.

Advertisement