Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

you need 6 to raid, so either grow your own, or join a bigger. plus experience says you need a lot more than 6 to cover folk not being available on a given night etc.

i could raid sunday night or any night next week if you guys are available. talk to your mates and let me know what night works for you. probably need an 8pm start or the like, first run would be slow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

You don't have to be in a clan to arrange raids. I've been using Discord to arrange raids for the last couple of months. I found a pretty big community (~600 people) of mostly UK players who run sherpa sessions for all the various raids for Xbox and PC. I don't think I'd finished a raid before 6 months ago, now I've done them all and have the current raid title.

Best part for me vs other LFG sites is that they schedule events you can join, it's not a stream of people looking for someone to play the raid right now. Looks like this 👇

msabxd0.png

Anyways, if you want a link to the Discord, drop me a PM, or you can message the guy who runs it directly on Discord (Hambis1901#4644). I've no affiliation to the group, just a satisfied community member.

Serbian wrote: »
    You don't have to be in a clan to arrange raids. I've been using Discord to arrange raids for the last couple of months. I found a pretty big community (~600 people) of mostly UK players who run sherpa sessions for all the various raids for Xbox and PC. I don't think I'd finished a raid before 6 months ago, now I've done them all and have the current raid title.

Best part for me vs other LFG sites is that they schedule events you can join, it's not a stream of people looking for someone to play the raid right now. Looks like this 👇

msabxd0.png

Anyways, if you want a link to the Discord, drop me a PM, or you can message the guy who runs it directly on Discord (Hambis1901#4644). I've no affiliation to the group, just a satisfied community member.

you see, i'd call that a clan:) there are some die hard clans out there who take it to the extreme, but what you described is how any of the recent clans i've been involved with operate. discord server, someone posts a dungeon/GMNF/raid at a certain time and people sign up. it's smaller though so you get to know most of the people you raid with, but in the past 3 weeks i've raided with 15 to 20 different players.

call it a clan or a community, it's all the same but the point is the open LFG groups are very hit and miss for raids,you are much better off in a group who keeps some semblance of quality control on the events organised.

saves you going into the normal LFG where they demand >20 clears, and say they will check, and when you get into the raid you find out they were only demanding that as none of them has ever cleared it and they need a sherpa. that has happened more than once

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

New season at reset, whos up for teaming up for the story part of it on PS?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The new bow is a bit of craic, me and Taz ran it on a battleground last night and with 2/3 using it its insane :) The battlegrounds are good for a bit of change too. Other than that there not too much to see about the new season.

So I got the Rocket Launcher from the raid, gave it a bash in PVE last night and with the NERF it got its only OK. I want to bring it into one of the cabal battlegrounds and see how it is in there over the weekend.

id wait, they have already said the nerf is unintentional, and they are treating as a bug. would leave any testing until they resolve

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Raid run number 10: Still no Eyes.

The search continues!

two of the guys i run with regularly
    one got it on run 35. one is on run 37 and still not got it. two of us have done most of those runs with them and had it drop several times.

you may have a long way to go yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I nabbed it on run 13 or 14, along with the Descendant title.
    You'll either spend forever trying to get it or get multiple drops while everyone else gets nada.

I got it on my 3rd raid and I only jumped into that raid at atrakis cos they were 1 man short :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Got it on my 2nd.
    And 6th.
    And 25th.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jackman341414

took me like 20ish raids

Went into Presage solo last week with no idea what to do.

Most fun I have had in Destiny yet, rage quite at about 2am after 22 deaths.

5/5 Would recomend.

dreamers75 wrote: »

5/5 Would recomend.

A real destiny experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

5/5 Would recomend.

They really need to push that dark oppresive horror theme going forward, especially with The Witch Queen Expansion at end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got some slight Dead Space vibes off it, was a great mission going in blind trying to figure out what to do and where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Speaking of lucky drops, I got Omnioculus (new hunter exotic) to drop on my first legend lost sector of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Speaking of lucky drops, I got Omnioculus (new hunter exotic) to drop on my first legend lost sector of the season.

That's a needlessly convoluted name. Lets just call it Omniclops.

• Advertisement

The eyes of tomorrow in Gambit is nasty.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7omi9NHP7LA

This poor lad lost 44 motes from the eyes.......

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Some good news in the State of Bungie released yesterday, they've sunset sunsetting and they're removing most of the power grind with the next season (Cap will only +10 instead of +50). They've postponed next expansion to next year but I'd happier take that with the direction they're going. Shameless rip from Reddit on a TLDR below:
    • There will be another expansion after lightfall
    • "Any weapon or armor that can currently be infused to max Power will continue to be able to reach max Power permanently" (Sunsetting got sunset)
    • "Starting in Season 14 we won’t be capping the infusion on any weapons or armor that have not already reached the cap as of the start of Season 13."
    • Since sunsetting isnt happening, stuff is gonna get nerfed
    • Power level only goes up 10 for each non expansion season
    • If you grind to max power in a season now, youll be in the pinnacle bound when the next season comes out
    • S15 will fix 3 peaking in PvP
    • Stasis nerfs (titan and hunter only at the moment) and Light subclass buffs over the next few seasons
    • Trials of Osiris is going to have its reward structure changed, w/ potential Solo playlist
    • VoG comes in Season 14, with a contest mode for the first 24 hours. To claim worlds first, you have to do the raid and a curated list of challenging Triumphs
    • VoG is getting a master difficulty, they would like all raids and dungeons in the future to get one
    • Adept raid/dungeon gear will drop from master difficulty raids/dungeons
    • Trasmog comes in season 14, with Ada-1 as the vendor
    • You need to do quests to receive mats to transmog a piece, or pay sliver for it.
    • Shaders are now permanent unlocks (thank goodness for this one)
    • Crossplay is coming in season 15
    • PC and console players will only be matched together in the crucible if PC players invite console players to play with them
    • Ikora is going to have a purpose in Witch Queen, and you will "see her" in s14
    • In S15, we get stasis legendary energy and power weapons
    • In S14, gilded titles will show how many times that title has been gilded in the past

, they've sunset sunsetting and they're removing most of the power grind with the next season (Cap will only +10 instead of +50). :

to be honest, i don't think it will change much in the grind. it was a few days to get to the soft cap, and then there were a bunch of sources for pinnacles. the last time we had the +10 grind only we had far less pinnacle sources. i'd suspect when they make that change the extra +1 pinnacles that were added like 3xcrucible, strike, gambit, NF will all disappear and that 10 power grind will be even harder

it does sound though that getting that +10 increase won't be too important anyway, it feels like the gun balancing will be a far greater change

Ah yeah scrap sunsetting when I have dismantled all my cool **** from the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ah yeah scrap sunsetting when I have dismantled all my cool **** from the last 2 years.

Removal of level caps will only affect gear aquired in Season 10 and beyond. Anything before that will remain sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Raid number 13: Got my Eyes.

Thing is a beast

Vicxas wrote: »
    Raid number 13: Got my Eyes.

Thing is a beast

Use it to invade in gambit, its filthy :cool:

So last night we got the following done:

7 man raid
    8 man raid
    11 man raid (Poor taniks got messed up)
    12 man nightfall

The nightfall is a bit tricky with how the boss spawn is etc but dam it was so much fun running around with everyone in the NF (Highscore was a doddle :P), hoping now to get a few more done with large numbers just for the fun element :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fotlsurvey

How is this even a contest?

rawr

• Advertisement

Destiny_2_Screenshot_2021.03.07_-_00.29.31.87.png

So 12 man night falls, basically masterworked 3 characters and then some in one night.

Still low level tho.

100% they nerfed the double rewards only getting blues and the AR.

Advertisement