Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

No it won't, quest starts on Titan.

Sorry I was just talking about the mission itself. Not the quest to get the mission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Sorry I was just talking about the mission itself. Not the quest to get the mission

D2 in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ikelos SMG V1.01 all I am missing.

Got 7 Ikelos Sniper rifles from EP over the weekend and 3 Ikelos SMG v1.02 from the weekly quest thing. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The more I read about this content vaulting and sunsetting the more pissed I'm getting.

To me they are hacking the game up because they made a bollox of their relationship with activision. Now instead of getting D3 were getting D2 gutted so they can start a anew there and save money and time they don't have.

All that radio silence about what was happening after the split they obviously decided this was the best option along with F2P. Paying customers be dammed.

I've spent over €200 on D2 and that content is pretty much being cut in half.

If they add new places I would be happy. I mean I cannot stress how much I hate Mercury and the god damn infinite forest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If they add new places I would be happy. I mean I cannot stress how much I hate Mercury and the god damn infinite forest.
    We're getting Europa, which is new, and some form of the Cosmodrome.
    It's not so much the planets going that's gonna be noticed, I only ever really went to them for Flashpoints anyway, it's the content on them; Strikes, EP, the Raids, there's a lot of stuff being removed and likely a lot less being added.

Stuff being removed:

5 Raids
    7 Strikes
    Menagerie
    Vanilla story missions
    COO story missions
    Warmind story missions
    16 Adventures
    9 Lost Sectors
    Crucible and gambit maps on planets that are going?
    May be more but thats what I've seen mainly,like are Forges going?

Thats a hell of a lot.

Stuff being added:
    Europa(What can we do without having Beyond Light?)
    1 Cosmodrome Strike
    Part of the Cosmodrom

Stuff they will add "soon"(ie no commitment on when):
    VoG
    Other parts of the Cosmodrome
    2 more D1 strikes

None of this stuff has a date as far as I can see other than Y4 sometime.

Everything they are adding beyond this listed stuff will be paid for in buying Beyond Light. We lose a lot and gain very little unless we're willing to cough up price of entry for Beyond Light

So yeah,to save time and money I feel this is what we're getting instead of D3. I dont think I've ever played a game series thats been as up and down as Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

That's a hell of a lot of content. They should be offering a refund on the stuff we won't be able to do any more...

Yakuza wrote: »
    That's a hell of a lot of content. They should be offering a refund on the stuff we won't be able to do any more...

Its a free game :confused:

5 clears of Ep tonight 0 Ikelos v1.01 :(

6th clear...Wayfarer :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Its a free game :confused:

5 clears of Ep tonight 0 Ikelos v1.01 :(

6th clear...Wayfarer :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    It's freemium, not free.
    A lot of us would have paid for that content originally.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's freemium, not free.
    A lot of us would have paid for that content originally.

Oh I did pay for it, fairly sure you and I got our moneys worth from it tho.

I would like some new strikes, never completed a raid so cant comment.

Absolutley hate the goddamn infinite forest tho.

Would assume the "plot" is not going to kill those places but make the Darkness presence too strong for us, making us grind on earth to get new power then go back and take it back. Gigabite by Gigabyte.

I would like some new strikes, never completed a raid so cant comment.

Absolutley hate the goddamn infinite forest tho.

Would assume the "plot" is not going to kill those places but make the Darkness presence too strong for us, making us grind on earth to get new power then go back and take it back. Gigabite by Gigabyte.

Well you always seem to think that anyone who has played a game for 1000 hours should have no opinion on it. You could stop to think that maybe a person who has played a game that long has an insight into where the dev is going with things givin there experience. Destiny has been a flop at certain times and been amazing at others,thats a fact.

I'd say your wrong about the lore thing too,the reason they are going will be givin as a lore reason but at the end of the day its a business reason. Bungie have said so,they haven't got the time or resources to manage the game as it gets larger.

So instead of making D3 that would take a lot of resources they will gut D2 and continue from there as if its D3.

Now I'm not saying that anyone who is OK with that is wrong,just that you respect the people who don't agree.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Well you always seem to think that anyone who has played a game for 1000 hours should have no opinion on it. You could stop to think that maybe a person who has played a game that long has an insight into where the dev is going with things givin there experience. Destiny has been a flop at certain times and been amazing at others,thats a fact.

I'd say your wrong about the lore thing too,the reason they are going will be givin as a lore reason but at the end of the day its a business reason. Bungie have said so,they haven't got the time or resources to manage the game as it gets larger.

So instead of making D3 that would take a lot of resources they will gut D2 and continue from there as if its D3.

Now I'm not saying that anyone who is OK with that is wrong,just that you respect the people who don't agree.

Not sure where you picked that up on, I do think that someone who has played 1k hours on any game shouldnt have a negative opinion (i mean think about it ffs stop playing it you dont like it)

But I dont think people shouldnt have an opinion, they should 100% have an opinion.

I think my comment about monies worth is fair.

Not sure where you picked that up on, I do think that someone who has played 1k hours on any game shouldnt have a negative opinion (i mean think about it ffs stop playing it you dont like it)

But I dont think people shouldnt have an opinion, they should 100% have an opinion.

I think my comment about monies worth is fair.

I think your missing the point though. I dont think D2 is a bad game,i think at times it hasn't been very good and at others its been top notch. This is especially true if your the type of player that keeps up with content releases,your focus is the new content and what it adds. If i criticise the new content or direction they are going in it doesn't mean I think all of what has come before it is bad.

I dont feel there is anything wrong with saying so when you think the devs are going to make decisions that negatively affects players no matter how many hours you have played.

Also criticising something does not equal hating it.

Normally I heartily recommend D2 to people who are open to that type of game,what would I even be recomending after beyond light? I dont know tbh.

They have made the decision and they obviously feel its right for bungie,im just not so sure removing all that content is the right decision for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It's not about money's worth - I paid for something and it's not unreasonable to expect to have access to it in perpetuity. I'd be fairly confident they're able to do what they're doing from a legal point of view, buried in the legalese you agree to (but never read) when you sign in to the game for the first time and occasionally after that.

It's not my fault they designed it badly, needing many servers to support all the various instances depending on if it's being used a patrol zone, or an adventure or a strike etc., but stuff that I would like to have access to is being removed without my having any say in the matter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's no different to netflix/any on demand content. content is available, even highly popular content in constant use, and they can make a call to remove it whenever they want to add new material. destiny is no longer a pay for the game model, the base game is free, you pay for the seasons, just another subscription, exactly like netflix

and the fact that you were involved before that model arrived is irrelevent. I lived in california when netflix was starting, and had a membership number in the triple digits, when their business model was shipping out 3 dvd's at a time and you retuend them to get teh next one. they won't still do that for me jsut becuase that's how i started out with them.

(in fact, i was in one of hte first user groups they ran when they were investigating switching to the streaming model, 10 of us in a room with guys in another room listening to the conversation and giving the moderater questions in his ear piece)

I dont agree,it is different. There was never an expectation that you own any content on netflix. There was with D2.

That they have decided to change the business model 3 years in because of business/resource issues is not something players who paid for content should pay a price for.

Just make D3 with the new model,dont butcher D2 and a ton of its content. I firmly believe they didn't go ahead with D3 as it would have taken time and money they dont want to spend.

If the game had of started that way,which many games do,id have no issues but we were sold one business model only for them to decide years later to change it.

Their ToS may allow for this but that doesn't make it any less of a bull **** move imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,040 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Destiny has always been billed as a live game - to me, that means there was always the possibility of stuff being removed as new stuff was added.

Personally I have no issue with them removing the planets, or the strikes to be honest (though I fear for the strike playlist if Beyond Light doesn't come with a good few itself.)

I am annoyed the Raids are being taken away - Raids are the pinnacle activity of Destiny and Bungie should be giving us more reasons to play them rather than taking most of them away.

Similar with regards to the Crucible Maps we are going to lose.

Unitil we see what content is coming with Beyond Light, I can't make a full judgement on it. If I am having more fun on Europa than on Mars... great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

mossym wrote: »
    it's no different to netflix/any on demand content. content is available, even highly popular content in constant use, and they can make a call to remove it whenever they want to add new material. destiny is no longer a pay for the game model, the base game is free, you pay for the seasons, just another subscription, exactly like netflix

and the fact that you were involved before that model arrived is irrelevent. I lived in california when netflix was starting, and had a membership number in the triple digits, when their business model was shipping out 3 dvd's at a time and you retuend them to get teh next one. they won't still do that for me jsut becuase that's how i started out with them.

(in fact, i was in one of hte first user groups they ran when they were investigating switching to the streaming model, 10 of us in a room with guys in another room listening to the conversation and giving the moderater questions in his ear piece)

That comparison is absolute BS. I bought my copy of D2 and my expansion packs. I did not subscribe to them.
    If I don't pony up for New Light and choose to just remain where I am then I'm down a huge amount of content just because Bungie doesn't want to commit to making Destiny 3.

It's madness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

That comparison is absolute BS. I bought my copy of D2 and my expansion packs. I did not subscribe to them.
    If I don't pony up for New Light and choose to just remain where I am then I'm down a huge amount of content just because Bungie doesn't want to commit to making Destiny 3.

It's madness.

i hate to break it to you but any game that's not going to work when they switch off the servers is a subscription. how much of destiny do you own if you had no broadband?

it may not be the model when you bought it, but it's very much the model now, and removing content is the norm in subsctiption models (hell apple have removed movies that were bought and paid for on itunes, not rented/subscribed). whether you choose to get the next expansion or not you're down the same content. seems to be an easy choice for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,040 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wonder what the delay is going to do to the seasonal model (of which they have told us nothing beyond they exist, afaik).

Season 12 would have been september through to early/mid december, season 13 through to March, 14 through to June/July and 15 back to September.

With the game delayed to November, they are losing more than half the time season 12 would have been scheduled to get. Obviously they could cram their release schedule within 12 together, and do 13 at the 'normal' time, but they could also push all of them out a little and compress the timeline for each one a bit, rather than take 7 weeks off season 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I wonder what the delay is going to do to the seasonal model (of which they have told us nothing beyond they exist, afaik).

Season 12 would have been september through to early/mid december, season 13 through to March, 14 through to June/July and 15 back to September.

With the game delayed to November, they are losing more than half the time season 12 would have been scheduled to get. Obviously they could cram their release schedule within 12 together, and do 13 at the 'normal' time, but they could also push all of them out a little and compress the timeline for each one a bit, rather than take 7 weeks off season 12.

I can see them reducing the season length a bit. They did that with Season 8, shouldn't have considering the current season was 14 weeks before the extension.

2 11 week and 2 12 week seasons should take it back to the September period for the next expansion release.

Was wondering about that myself.

Was thinkin they could just move the annual expansions to the date beyond light is coming but then again they have always aimed for september so must be reasons for that.

If they made them shorter they could just increase XP for the season pass and probably be fine. If there is narrative though,ie the interference missions,they may have to condense it.

Givin how bat **** crazy the world is this year it must be hard to give any definitive timeliness for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Is it worth getting back into this? Haven't played since Forsaken, enjoyed it a lot but ended up getting burnt out.

There is tonnes of stuff to do now, until about November when a lot of it gets nuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/23/21335483/destiny-2-xbox-game-pass-release-date-microsoft-bungie

Microsoft and Bungie are partnering to bring Destiny 2 to Xbox Game Pass. The original Halo developer will launch Destiny 2 at no additional cost to Xbox Game Pass subscribers in September, and it will include access to previous expansions and the upcoming Destiny 2: Beyond Light DLC.

Finished Spire of Stars raid via Discord LFG :cool:

1 sherpa with the patience of an angel and 5 randomers, did it tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Finished Spire of Stars raid via Discord LFG :cool:

1 sherpa with the patience of an angel and 5 randomers, did it tho :D

Well done. The final encounter in that raid is a flustercluck with multiple short timers in play that wipe the team if missed.

Well done. The final encounter in that raid is a flustercluck with multiple short timers in play that wipe the team if missed.

yup

twas many "did you buff the ball" and "did you pass it to X"

On the final clear we destroyed whoever we killed in one phase after ****ing up a few times prior. Everyone brought their DPS, 2 hours and 2 minutes for my 1st raid and we wiped maybe 11 times.

Got 1060 crap for it :D

• Advertisement

Fair play man,I need to get the finger out:(

Advertisement