Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Hi lads,

Got (back) into the game on Xbox over Christmas, and was looking to (re)join the Xbox Clan. This one:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=1687439

Is that still active? I know a couple of others looking to join a clan too.

Never mind, got accepted to that after.

Ahh awesome. Didn't even think about boards clan. The one I was in hasn't been active.

I had a few goes at running the GM Nightfall last week - we made it to the end multiple times but always dropped at boss fight. This week looks a lot easier, probably have a go off it this evening/tomorrow once I've gotten my pinnacles from Iron Banner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hit 1245 last night so im now raid ready (Well maybe not weapons just yet ) so I will have a look at the new raid later on and see whats involved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kimbot wrote: »
    Hit 1245 last night so im now raid ready (Well maybe not weapons just yet ) so I will have a look at the new raid later on and see whats involved :D

Its the cheasiest one yet, completed it a few times now. Now at the point where I am farming gear from it. The chests at the end should be default for everything, very good way to get gear, would like Eyes of Tomorrow tho :mad:

It is a stunning looking area and the music is brilliant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

finished off the raid title last night, i'm now descendent (on my warlock at least, will take a lot to remove conquerer from my titan). still love the raid, would run it for the space walk alone. have the rocket launcher, and all the gear on all characters, some it not great rolls admittedly. would still think will run it most weeks at least once. it is one of the best raids they have done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The space walk is gorgeous, as is the music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The space walk is gorgeous, as is the music.

Wouldn't mind the Clovis AI speech during that on a t-shirt.

Wouldn't mind the Clovis AI speech during that on a t-shirt.

Might find that here

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/destiny+2+t-shirts?gclid=Cj0KCQiArvX_BRCyARIsAKsnTxPAK4tbhBJ37A7YahDjhO7yaJKux3Gn9dom11oif44AkIFbdr37DloaAiijEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Avoid that website if drunk, trust me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I understand that I have missed or ignored the announcement, but I logged back into Destiny 2 for the first time in ages, on Stadia.
    I have to complete Forsaken and was looking forward to Shadowkeep but, aside from my outstanding missions in Forsaken I see no sign of Shadowkeep at all.
    So, is it simply gone and the only opportunity I have to play more of the single player side of things in Destiny is to pay for Beyond Light?
    Shadowkeep is, what, little over a year old now, out towards the end of 2019?
    A bit harsh, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I understand that I have missed or ignored the announcement, but I logged back into Destiny 2 for the first time in ages, on Stadia.
    I have to complete Forsaken and was looking forward to Shadowkeep but, aside from my outstanding missions in Forsaken I see no sign of Shadowkeep at all.
    So, is it simply gone and the only opportunity I have to play more of the single player side of things in Destiny is to pay for Beyond Light?
    Shadowkeep is, what, little over a year old now, out towards the end of 2019?
    A bit harsh, no?

Check the abandoned quests kiosk beside the postmaster in the Tower. Any abandoned or unstarted quests from previous campaigns should be there.

The Stadia Pro version that included Shadowkeep and Forsaken is no longer available and if you didn't have it previously you'll need to buy the expansions.

If you have an Xbox all 3 expansions are on Game Pass. You'll need to set up cross save on bungie.net to continue with your current characters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Check the abandoned quests kiosk beside the postmaster in the Tower. Any abandoned or unstarted quests from previous campaigns should be there.

The Stadia Pro version that included Shadowkeep and Forsaken is no longer available and if you didn't have it previously you'll need to buy the expansions.

If you have an Xbox all 3 expansions are on Game Pass. You'll need to set up cross save on bungie.net to continue with your current characters.

Found it, somehow...
    Anyway.
    Started Shadowkeep and enjoying it.
    I'm really not into the multiplayer aspect of the game, just want the single player campaign.

• Advertisement

I'm really not into the multiplayer aspect of the game, just want the single player campaign.

I'm not a massive fan of the "straight" PvP modes either. And I find Gambit a little frustrating for some reason.

But you should definitely try the Strikes.

I'm not a massive fan of the "straight" PvP modes either. And I find Gambit a little frustrating for some reason.

But you should definitely try the Strikes.

Oh, I have neither the time or the friends to get stuck into the Strikes, though my son enjoyed them, for a time.

But, I did enjoy jumping back into Destiny 2 again, it's unusual to have the handholding through the menus again, I presume they were instated with the Beyond Light update, for new players to the game.

Anyways, it is helping me pass the time in my isolation hotel room, between work shifts, Stadis works well on my Chromebook and with the wifi in the place.
    Running through the browser too, full screen and no lag.

Anyways, it is helping me pass the time in my isolation hotel room, between work shifts, Stadis works well on my Chromebook and with the wifi in the place.
    Running through the browser too, full screen and no lag.

If only you had a certain hybrid console that was really portable... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ran the raid twice over the weekend and got some nice gear for my Warlock. Really enjoyed it. Managed to witness a lot of really good cheese tactics.

If only you had a certain hybrid console that was really portable... :P

I'm swinging by the homestead to collect it this evening!
    Stadia and Switch, in perfect harmony!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Done the Deep stone Crypt last night, it was fun :)

Sparrow part was a pain but I got through it, then to the upstairs downstairs part. That was all over the place but I got the idea and we done it first run. The last section was by far the funniest, hadn't a clue what was going on but we done it again first time. I will need to give it a few more runs to get used to it but it reminds me alot of Wrath of the machine.

a post on deep stone crypt and you didn't mention the space walk(and the music? ). you need to get that raid done again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Kimbot wrote: »
    Done the Deep stone Crypt last night, it was fun :)

Sparrow part was a pain but I got through it, then to the upstairs downstairs part. That was all over the place but I got the idea and we done it first run. The last section was by far the funniest, hadn't a clue what was going on but we done it again first time. I will need to give it a few more runs to get used to it but it reminds me alot of Wrath of the machine.
    The fact we managed Taniks part 1 with basically 4 people for most of the encounter, pro-gamers :pac:

It's not that hard of a raid once you understand what each role does as it's more or less the same thing in each encounter.

mossym wrote: »
    a post on deep stone crypt and you didn't mention the space walk(and the music? ). you need to get that raid done again:)

Well been my first raid, only 4 of the lads were playing the first encounter cos I was AFK making tea :) I did notice the soundtrack but it was a bit frantic on comms to sit back and enjoy it. Next raid I will take it all in :)

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The fact we managed Taniks part 1 with basically 4 people for most of the encounter, pro-gamers :pac:

It's not that hard of a raid once you understand what each role does as it's more or less the same thing in each encounter.

Sure I was AFK for the first half of the last encounter too :P

• Advertisement

when you finsh the second actual encounter (multiple versions of the boss upstairs/downstairs), tell everyone in chat shut up, turn up your music, and enjoy the jumping puzzle bit. the music and voiceover are simply superb

when you finsh the second actual encounter (multiple versions of the boss upstairs/downstairs), tell everyone in chat shut up, turn up your music, and enjoy the jumping puzzle bit. the music and voiceover are simply superb

Will do :D

Done it this evening its brilliant :)

This is the tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBIJFTPPp-8

I normally buy the soundtracks at some point but I will 100% pick this one up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I am trying to cross save my character from ps4 to xbox series x, I am playing the game on gamepass, when I go to cross save on the Bungie website, it asks me to buy the game.. Any ideas ?

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I am trying to cross save my character from ps4 to xbox series x, I am playing the game on gamepass, when I go to cross save on the Bungie website, it asks me to buy the game.. Any ideas ?

Have you logged in on the Bungie site and linked your original PS4 account to it ?

Also you do have to buy the game for X unless you only playing the Free stuff, it allows you to move your save but you still need the licence on the new machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have you logged in on the Bungie site and linked your original PS4 account to it ?

Also you do have to buy the game for X unless you only playing the Free stuff, it allows you to move your save but you still need the licence on the new machine.

All the expansions are on Game Pass, which he states he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Couple of questions for you more seasoned players than I. Myself and 3 friends started playing this around Christmas and have been tipping away it casually enough (although still putting in a few hours 3 or 4 evenings a week). We've bought all the content but started with Forsaken and are working our way forward through the campaigns & quests. We're all in and around 1230 power and fancy having a crack at a raid but obviously only have 4 of us, and none of us have ever done one.
    We set up a clan for the 4 of us, but I'm wondering now if that was a bit of a mistake - would we have been better off joining a larger clan so that we could potentially get in contact with people who'll sherpa us through the raid and make up the numbers?
    I've done a fair bit of reading on all this but the clan thing I'm not sure on, and just wanted to see were there other options than posting on a discord/reddit LFG. Basic questions probably!

Edit: playing on pc

@spiritcrusher

certainly going to be hard to raid if only 4 of you. you'll certainly need to grow it if you want to raid reguarly. I'm in a fairly active clan and we raid most weeks, but there are 50+ members and even now we sometimes struggle to get enough for a raid. that said i'm doing GoS tonight and 3X DSC friday night.

if you want, i'm on PC as well, have 30+ clears on both GOS and DSC, i'm happy to sherpa you guys through either one some night if you like, you would need to get a 6th, maybe someone else on here on PC would like to get their first raid done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

@spiritcrusher

certainly going to be hard to raid if only 4 of you. you'll certainly need to grow it if you want to raid reguarly. I'm in a fairly active clan and we raid most weeks, but there are 50+ members and even now we sometimes struggle to get enough for a raid. that said i'm doing GoS tonight and 3X DSC friday night.

if you want, i'm on PC as well, have 30+ clears on both GOS and DSC, i'm happy to sherpa you guys through either one some night if you like, you would need to get a 6th, maybe someone else on here on PC would like to get their first raid done too.

If you're looking for a 6th on PC I'll happily fill in. I've only run GoS to near completion trying to get Divinity (we didn't have the DPS output for final boss).

I mainly use Hunter, but I'm leveling my Warlock atm if Well is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Great stuff! I may take both of you up on those offers. We were hoping to try a raid maybe this weekend coming but there's no real rush on us.
    Am I right in thinking we're probably as well off abandoning our own little clan and joining a larger, more active one if we've any chance of getting regularly?

Advertisement