Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I never finished the forges (and quite a lot of other things)

In no particular order would need help with:

Escalation protocol (need 2 Ikelos items)
    Shattered Throne (talisman or some such)
    Forges
    Raid any raid tbh :(
    Dungeonds
    Menagarie

Hawthorne Kinetic Shotgun
    Ark Logic Auto Rifle
    Hammerhead LMG

Dreamsbane Armour with Exotic Hunter head that makes me invisible on melee kill. Havent got the all the armour to 10 but working on it.

PC and power level 1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Played a few hours last night. Seems a decent update, enjoyed the new weekly quest and the loot seems okay. The Witherhoard in particular seems a great addition, can see it having great utility in both PvP and PvE.

I thought the new activity was absolute trash though. I sat last season out so not sure how it stacks up against the Seraph Tower event, but either way, I found it pretty underwhelming even with the extremely low standards I set out with going into the season. Probably doesn't help that I hate Gambit, but even if I loved it, taking a round of Gambit, removing the enemy team from the equation and positioning it as a 'new' activity designed to be a hook for the entire season is slightly laughable.

Kudos to Bungie for adding a new dungeon though, that along with new weapons and armour to chase make the price of entry worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

goon_magee wrote: »
    Played a few hours last night. Seems a decent update, enjoyed the new weekly quest and the loot seems okay. The Witherhoard in particular seems a great addition, can see it having great utility in both PvP and PvE.

I thought the new activity was absolute trash though. I sat last season out so not sure how it stacks up against the Seraph Tower event, but either way, I found it pretty underwhelming even with the extremely low standards I set out with going into the season. Probably doesn't help that I hate Gambit, but even if I loved it, taking a round of Gambit, removing the enemy team from the equation and positioning it as a 'new' activity designed to be a hook for the entire season is slightly laughable.

Kudos to Bungie for adding a new dungeon though, that along with new weapons and armour to chase make the price of entry worth it IMO.
    It's easier than the Seraph Towers anyway. I completed a Heroic version on my first attempt with 3 other people. I only completed one Seraph Tower event with 5 or 6 other blueberries and that was a normal one, didn't even bother with Heroic.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's easier than the Seraph Towers anyway. I completed a Heroic version on my first attempt with 3 other people. I only completed one Seraph Tower event with 5 or 6 other blueberries and that was a normal one, didn't even bother with Heroic.

Yeah managed a heroic version myself, definitely seems easy enough. I did like that aspect of it, nice and easy to jump in and get a few runs done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

They probably tweaked the difficulty due to the revolt on Seraph Towers last season.

That Witherhoard GL is good craic as well, need to work on the correct mods for it once I get some decent gear again, currently running a load of blue stuff. Also went from 980 something to 1001 in about an hour and a half, including much faffing around.

So far, it's already better than the previous season, not that the bar was set particularly high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

mossym wrote: »
    What platform are you on?

PC and PS4

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I never finished the forges (and quite a lot of other things)

In no particular order would need help with:

Escalation protocol (need 2 Ikelos items)
    Shattered Throne (talisman or some such)
    Forges
    Raid any raid tbh :(
    Dungeonds
    Menagarie

Hawthorne Kinetic Shotgun
    Ark Logic Auto Rifle
    Hammerhead LMG

Dreamsbane Armour with Exotic Hunter head that makes me invisible on melee kill. Havent got the all the armour to 10 but working on it.

PC and power level 1,000

Escalation Protocol and Menagerie are pretty easily done . You just need to do EP on the right weeks to get the drop you want. The Chalice of Opulence upgrading can take awhile but that's just grinding. Have you started upgrading the Chalice?

Can help with forges to,longest part of that quest is unlocking all the forges. If you wanna chase Izanaghis Burden and Jotunn it will take a decent amount of time on top of unlocking all forges. It's a bit grindy but Jotunn is a beast and I'm hoping the sniper will be just as good.

I can help with shattered throne,completed it a few times now so would be confident enough could get through it.

Just checked and looks like EP boss Is dropping all 3 weapons this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I'm on PC, happy to help you guys out as needed. i have all the forges outlocked, Izanagi's (and the catalyst done), pretty much all the stuff you have listed, but happy to help

Think I haver you on steam mossym, 100% have eoinhef

kdjac on steam

Chalice is 4/4 3/4 3/4

Oh add zero hour to my list, assumed it was an old quest and I could solo it. Sure I have 20 minutes........loads of time. Well that was a clearly inadvised course of action.

Sent you a friend request on steam Mossym,well I think it was you!!

Logging off for a few hours to get grub and do a few bits but I'll be back on about 9ish of you guys are about

I need zero hour aswell,I know the route and can get to the boss on normal version but like yourself dreamers not enough time to get the job done.

Your chalice is pretty upgraded,I need the heroic menagerie for the sniper catalyst after getting sniper. Might need more than 3 for the heroic though

Just finished the Interference mission,was enjoyable enough.

Also got the contact event done for powerful drop,is heroic random in that event? Getting blooms deposited doesnt seem to affect it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

goon_magee wrote: »

Now this is what exotic's are supposed to be like. In the past 2 days I've haven't taken it off when doing all the strike,gambit,crucible milestones.

Over on reddit the name "blighting lion" is being adpoted :D

I think my Witherboard is broken, it most certainly does not do this :eek:

https://twitter.com/CupTweetor/status/1270614226185252866

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I hope Bungie leave the weapon be. Just let this season be chill mode before the Autumn expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I hope Bungie leave the weapon be. Just let this season be chill mode before the Autumn expansion.

The first comment on that tweet is DMG saying it's bugged and to enjoy while you can. Seems to be an issue with it stacking buffs.

Down to 2 Ikelos SR and SMG from escalation

6 guns from Brother Vances forge

Escalation just really needs 6 players focused on it, someone always buggers off :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Down to 2 Ikelos SR and SMG from escalation

6 guns from Brother Vances forge

Escalation just really needs 6 players focused on it, someone always buggers off :(

The Ikelos weapons are also available in the new dungeon with random rolls and can still be infused pat 1060, the base Y1 version can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pretty much deleted this after I completed the campaign years ago after release, just wasn't enjoying it as much as D1 (which I had a love/hate relationship with) and found it boring altogether. Been seeing a few videos about it lately so said I'd give it another whirl, picked up all the expansions for like 30 quid too, the amount of content is fairly amazing by the looks.
    Had a weird moment when I logged in as it had me playing the first mission from destiny one, finished it and brought to the tower after the red war campaign? Anyways, I'm gonna tip away at it for a few weeks looking forward to seeing what's going on.
    Because I've missed out on the linear story as it happened I've been giving the first two expansions as missions per se, kinda takes a bit away from it that I'll be playing them sort of half arsed as the whole shadow keep season thing is happening while I'm doing content from years ago.

probably dont want to make a thing out of this but the season 11 reward (doubles Withhoarder GL progression) just got me my Wendigo, just checked some of my other exotics withlittle or no headway made and they are all up to 50 to 60%

It seems that the reward is doubling on certain quests, can someone else who never bothered with the Wendigo confirm this and uhh not say anything to Bungie.

Have bungie said what will happen to missions like the whisper mission when content is removed?

I've still to get outbreak perfected and was wondering do I need to get my skates on

EoinHef wrote: »
    Have bungie said what will happen to missions like the whisper mission when content is removed?

I've still to get outbreak perfected and was wondering do I need to get my skates on

They stated that exotics and catalysts will still be available via other means that they haven't disclosed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I reckon you will be able to buy these guns from the cryptarch with an exotic token.

I reckon you will be able to buy these guns from the cryptarch with an exotic token.

Oh dear,that would be lame considering these missions are some of the best content in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Zero Hour will still be there as its on the EDZ

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Zero Hour will still be there as its on the EDZ

No it won't, quest starts on Titan.

No it won't, quest starts on Titan.

Zero Hour is the Outbreak Perfected Quest - You need to go to the Farm to start it.

The Whisper mission is on IO.

Zero Hour is the Outbreak Perfected Quest - You need to go to the Farm to start it.

The Whisper mission is on IO.

The Outbreak Perfected quest starts with completion of The Enemy of My Enemy world quest and collecting the cipher on Titan. The step at the Farm is the last step of the quest.

Yeah I was thinking about it because they might remove the quest totally with titan going. If they do and don't leave it for players who are already on the last step ill never get a completion

Anyone up for getting zero hour done tonight? I should be on about 9pm

PC or PS4 I can play on

Anyone up for getting zero hour done tonight? I should be on about 9pm

PC or PS4 I can play on

I think the mission is still bugged - You can solo it very easily. Get yourself an Arc scout rifle and a Solar machine gun along with Primary of your choice and you will melt all adds in seconds.

I solo'd zero hour with about 3 mins left on the clock.

• Advertisement

I think the mission is still bugged - You can solo it very easily. Get yourself an Arc scout rifle and a Solar machine gun along with Primary of your choice and you will melt all adds in seconds.

I solo'd zero hour with about 3 mins left on the clock.

It's been fixed.

Advertisement